• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kattana

windows7 64bit vs32 for this game

12 posts in this topic

which is better, before i shell out 200 bucks for a new os, but vista isnt cutting it anymore...its bad enough it wont read the 4gig ive just installed, but it actually sends it into blue screens and hard locks..whenever it wants.

so...

running an amd ath 64 dualcore 4600+ oc'd to 2.78 ghz. nvidia 9800gt oc, and who knows if the mobo will run it eh?

any suggestions?

Kattana

Win 7 64bit if you want to take advantage of your 4 gigs. The game itself won't use all 4 gigs but it's nice having a bit of head room especially if you're alt-tabbing between 2 accounts running simultaneously.

but it actually sends it into blue screens and hard locks..whenever it wants.

Whats your power supplies wattage and amperage rating for the +12v line? and is it a cheap-o brand PSU?

far as hardware goes, your system can run 7 NP

Pretty sure when you buy windows 7 it comes with both 32/64 bit versions

Edited by indo420

Yeah 64bit if you want to use all of your 4GB. But the bluescreens will most likely NOT go away by installing a new OS. Bluescreens are almost always hardware-related. I'd say 95% of the blue screens I've encountered where hardware related.

Yeah 64bit if you want to use all of your 4GB. But the bluescreens will most likely NOT go away by installing a new OS. Bluescreens are almost always hardware-related. I'd say 95% of the blue screens I've encountered where hardware related.

yup. random BSOD's seem to be caused by crap power supply units the majority of the time.

...or you overclocked your processor past physical spec and burnt up some cache sectors.

But them Athlon 64's peaked at 2.9~3.1Ghz on average, so im sure hes ok as long as he didn't pass that marker.

I'd try backing off the overclock (hope its not a software OC, that tears systems up) and see if you can get some stability back to the system

Did you make sure your mosfet rectifiers (VR's) are staying cool from the OC? that can cause alot of stability problems when overclocking, and its often overlooked by n00bs

Edited by indo420

Bear in mind that with Win7, 64 bit doesn't guarantee anything in itself, it depends on which version you buy. The range on physical memory limits goes from 2GB to 192GB as a direct function of how much cash you cough up. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778%28VS.85%29.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7

Also bear in mind that there are some baked-in limits on how much memory a single application can use in any case. This is an area of great confusion, but at least one version is that the max a 32 bit application like BGE can get under a 32 bit OS is 2GB (3GB if PAE switch is flipped in the program), 4GB under 64 bit. Which is another way of saying that windows sucks, but you should know that by now.

So the upshot is that if you can, do 64 bit only with home premium and up or you are fighting yourself.

Heh, I got my copy of Win 7 64bit Professional for like 30 bucks through a student discount thingy I came across on the web. I wasn't even a student, I just registered at a local community college and used my newly found .edu email address to buy it :D

i'd cut back the clock on your cpu n see if the locks n blue screens stop..

i got a 64 x2 5000+ and had it clocked to 2.9ghz but had to back it down to 2.76ghz to get it stable..

the athalon 64 x2's dont seem to like overclocking much unless it's a black edition...

Heh' date=' I got my copy of Win 7 64bit Professional for like 30 bucks through a student discount thingy I came across on the web. I wasn't even a student, I just registered at a local community college and used my newly found .edu email address to buy it :D[/quote']

Then u r doomed to M$ hell, because u cheated. In 7 days, your desktop will have a picture of Bill Gates on it and you cannot change it without Registry Knowledge. PM meh to arrange a $100USD payment and I will get rid of the burden.

PM meh to arrange a $100USD payment and I will get rid of the burden.

Could I send you a $200 cashier check that to you? If you could send me the extra $100 in cash.

Erik

When my W7 64 bit RC expired I tried dressing up as a schoogirl to get the student discount, but it didn't work - I just got an awkward interview with the local police instead.

And since there is no approved upgrade from beta to release (you can do it, but you have to hack it) it would have meant a full rebuild, so in the end I just rebuilt on XP sp3, which still works fine for me.

W7 64 bit is good, I worked with the beta for nearly a year and I liked it, but at around 170GBP it is way, way overpiced. I'd rather use the money to upgrade my hardware than get mugged by M$ for that sort of cash.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0