Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devildawg

Monitor issue question here

3 posts in this topic

This has been happening for the longest time now, it doesn't really bother me too much, but it does get annoying. It really only shows up on anything white on the screen (main desktop, websites with color to them, won't show up). Anyway, I get these like horizontal lines across the screen that just shake or vibrate the entire time. I Googled the issue before, and really the only thing I found is something like electronic interference is causing it, but the only thing around it is my mic and speakers.

It's a 15" LCD flat-screen monitor.

electronic interference on lcd screen? maybe interference on the graphic card.. or fault with lcd backplane perhaps but i suppose you would see it in other colors too then. My bet is graphic card something.. hope that helps

This has been happening for the longest time now, it doesn't really bother me too much, but it does get annoying. It really only shows up on anything white on the screen (main desktop, websites with color to them, won't show up). Anyway, I get these like horizontal lines across the screen that just shake or vibrate the entire time. I Googled the issue before, and really the only thing I found is something like electronic interference is causing it, but the only thing around it is my mic and speakers.

It's a 15" LCD flat-screen monitor.

Do you have it at the native resolution?

have you pushed the LCD screen past its default refresh rate? (60hz)

Dropped kicked or love tapped the screen?

Got a insane set of subwoofers? I've bassed a LCD screen to death before.

Usually whenever you start seeing colored lines in the screen it means your integrated resolution scaler is getting to to hot, or is about to crap itself out....but that is a maybe cause im not sitting in the room looking at it with you.

Might be time to start saving towards a new monitor?

But you can pick up a decent 20-22" widescreen for about 100-125$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254046

I've got two 28" HANNS'G's and my buddy has a 28" as well.

Solid monitors, i recommend them.

I'd make sure you dont have any power cables floating around your monitor cable. But if it was interference... it'd probably be happening all the time

Edited by indo420

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0