• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgray

Memory frequency help

5 posts in this topic

I just saw on my CPUz that memory is running at 667MHz, but is capable of 1333MHz.

DDR3 1600

I bought ASRock M3A770DE MB, Gskill DDR3 PC 1600 Mem and AMD Phenom II X2 550

How/where do/what do I need to do to get the Memory running at 1333? The mobo manual is fairly poor on the subject.

I just saw on my CPUz that memory is running at 667MHz, but is capable of 1333MHz.

DDR3 1600

I bought ASRock M3A770DE MB, Gskill DDR3 PC 1600 Mem and AMD Phenom II X2 550

How/where do/what do I need to do to get the Memory running at 1333? The mobo manual is fairly poor on the subject.

It should be your FSB ratio, it should say "1:1 1:2 1:4 1:6" and so on.

keep going up by 2's until you find DDR3-1600

Some boards have you manually set the frequency, and it will say 533/667/800/900/1066 and so on. thats pretty obvious what to choose

DDR3-1600 is 800mhz btw.

ogz5uf.jpg

Just so you know what to shoot for in the bios.

If your not sure. don't change anything yet, look around the bios and tell us which options there is. we can probably figure it out.

Oh if you have a digital camera handy, take some snaps of the bios menus and that will make it super easy to tell you which ones you need to change.

<<< G.skill Ripjaw gaming series memory, DDR3-1600

Yes, 667=1333. Double Data Rate...

Don't have any high hopes on getting it up to 1600 though. Even if you do you'll have better performance by leaving it at 1333 and tightening the timings a bit.

Yes, 667=1333. Double Data Rate...

Don't have any high hopes on getting it up to 1600 though. Even if you do you'll have better performance by leaving it at 1333 and tightening the timings a bit.

this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0