• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leparc

RATS. Will this game ever have...

13 posts in this topic

the option to be "windowed" like most modern games?

Sure would help in so many ways :)

PS. anyone in the APB closed beta?? :D

Edited by Leparc

It can be done. I read it somehwere in community support. You have to add some characters somewhere. Post over there and I'm sure you will get a faster answer than in the barracks.

I'd have to dig around through my backup drive but I used to run two accounts windowed but you had to do some shortcut command dohickey thing.

Ok, I went digging around and found my old note on how to run the game in a window.

To run the game offline in a window is easy:

* make a shortcut of the WW2.exe (either WW2_sse2 or WW2_x86 whichever one you use)

* right click on the shortcut and in the 'Target' window add the parameters -width xxxx -height xxxx -bpp 32 -hdw 1 -window 1 at the end outside of the quotation mark.

xxxx = resolution of window

For example, if I want to run it in a 1024x768 window, my shortcut target would look like: "C:\Games\WW2OL\WW2_x86.exe" -width 1024 -height 768 -bpp 32 -hdw 1 -window 1

To run the game online in a window you have to go into the registry and make some changes. Do this at your own risk.

Under Windows XP go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Software

Playnet

Apps

appid1

instance1

Double click on the 'params' key and add: -width xxxx -height xxxx -bpp 32 -hdw 1 -window 1 at the end just like you did with the shortcut target.

On my copy of Win7 64bit I have go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Playnet\apps\appid1\instance1

I would imagine it's the same location for Win7 32 bit users.

Ok, I went digging around and found my old note on how to run the game in a window.

To run the game offline in a window is easy:

* make a shortcut of the WW2.exe (either WW2_sse2 or WW2_x86 whichever one you use)

* right click on the shortcut and in the 'Target' window add the parameters -width xxxx -height xxxx -bpp 32 -hdw 1 -window 1 at the end outside of the quotation mark.

xxxx = resolution of window

For example, if I want to run it in a 1024x768 window, my shortcut target would look like: "C:\Games\WW2OL\WW2_x86.exe" -width 1024 -height 768 -bpp 32 -hdw 1 -window 1

To run the game online in a window you have to go into the registry and make some changes. Do this at your own risk.

Under Windows XP go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Software

Playnet

Apps

appid1

instance1

Double click on the 'params' key and add: -width xxxx -height xxxx -bpp 32 -hdw 1 -window 1 at the end just like you did with the shortcut target.

On my copy of Win7 64bit I have go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Playnet\apps\appid1\instance1

I would imagine it's the same location for Win7 32 bit users.

Thanks

I can't try this atm. Can some brave person try this out?

Better still can a RAT approve this tweak first :confused:

Edited by Leparc

It does work but the downside is that you can't grab and drag the windowed game around because there's no border surrounding it. So you're pretty much stuck with the game running dead center in the middle of your screen but it is windowed so you can still watch your pr0n while playing the game at the same time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0