Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Infantry Aim Pop Up and Combat Stance

kagetora

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DOC

• GOPHUR

• bullet

• romzburg

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good for infantry if you are in any sort of cover, those screens show what a PITA it's going to be.

I think it is very bad.

When in crouch position even when not aiming as you move slightly while in concealment you also get the heasd height change, making it difficult to get into position.

Then when you try to aim, 100% of screen is blocked by leaves.

Very bad.

It even has this effect when you are in a building shooting out a window from back in the room. In beta I wastrying to shoot an EI in the woods about 200 meters from the building I was in. I don't get right up to the window so my rifle sticks out, I like to saty back to cut down on visibility arc.

Every time I aimed the window frame obstructed the view making the EI invisible.

Very very bad.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....
The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Er.....

I have to think that if I'm using natural cover I bring the rifle to the position I am looking from, or I bring my head down to where I am going to use the rifle, not bob it up.

I could see doing that as a quick 3-second pop up scan and shoot such as using a berm for cover, but not in every situation.

Make it a pop-up aim command so the animation and option is there but is not default behavior.

looks like a really poorly implemented way to compensate for the camera being at the torso rather than in the head when laying prone. Trouble is, you would have to hold the sight view when getting onto position and to see out of that position for it to be usable.

I thought they implemented this so that you could see above the the radial clutter since it looks like radial clutter will be forced on for all players. I haven't heard if that's the final decision or not but it looks like forced RC is here to stay.

the point is that you can lay in cover and peak up over to aim

something you will have to adjust to

I thought they implemented this so that you could see above the the radial clutter since it looks like radial clutter will be forced on for all players. I haven't heard if that's the final decision or not but it looks like forced RC is here to stay.

That is partly correct. Also so you could pop up over walls and stuff.

But on the RatChat just now GOPHUR admitted it doesn't work in bushes, and also inside some buildings when aiming out of windows, depending on the window.

They are going to look at this more, and they requested feedback in the Beta test Feedback forums.

If they made it OPTIONAL it could be used when needed and not used when it is obstructive.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

But on the RatChat just now GOPHUR admitted it doesn't work in bushes, and also inside some buildings when aiming out of windows, depending on the window.

They are going to look at this more, and they requested feedback in the Beta test Feedback forums.

If they made it OPTIONAL it could be used when needed and not used when it is obstructive.

A seperate key to toggle the pop up and having right click as normal, would be a good direction to go if possible.

A seperate key to toggle the pop up and having right click as normal' date=' would be a good direction to go if possible.[/quote']

Great idea.

Good use for the space bar since we have no jump feature.

GOPHUR also said that they need reports of which buildings and windows it didnt work on so they can fix it.

Very bad in bushes both prone and kneeling, because the change causes blocked view.

Also, when crouched and you go to reposition yourself, the eye height changes and you can't reposition with a clear sight picture. It is often better to crouch in a bush than go prone and let your feet stick out for some tanker to see as he drives by. But this sight change makes finding a spot so you can be still and shoot when you want difficult to impossible.

Also bad in many buildings, because the best way to shoot from a building is to back away from the window as much as possible to cut down on your visibility arc. This often puts your target near the top of the window in your view, and when you aim, he disappears. The only way to get a clear shot is to belly up to the ledge and really expose your position.

Works good for clutter, logs etc, basically any time there is nothing *above* your rifle. But anytime there is anything above your rifle there is possibility of sight blockage.

This includes the pillboxes and bunkers. There is always someplace an enemy can be that in your view can be near the top of the window you are looking out of. The terrain can be hilly and so he is elevated. He can be on top of a building, or in a window, or in rubble.

Suggested Solution:

Make this a SPACEBAR optional feature. Let us decide when we need it and when we don't, just like a real soldier would choose his own stance adjustment.

romzburg

Suggested Solution:

Make this a SPACEBAR optional feature. Let us decide when we need it and when we don't, just like a real soldier would choose his own stance adjustment.

Good idea if possible for 1.31, it's too restrictive in bushes as posted already.

does not make sense to always pop up

should have a 'peak' option

almost like a second aim button

Certainly a choice betwen "pop up aim" and "no pop up aim" represented as a toggle would be ideal. Until we have more discussion with the code and art departments we don't know how that will fly in the immediate sense. We will be having that discussion.

Certainly a choice betwen "pop up aim" and "no pop up aim" represented as a toggle would be ideal. Until we have more discussion with the code and art departments we don't know how that will fly in the immediate sense. We will be having that discussion.

Thanks for the feedback on the feedback. Fingers crossed for the toggle!

I have to agree with posts above. It is weird and restrictive, especially when crutching in bushes. Common situation is that you acquire an enemy, want to shoot him but a branch will block your view. Toggle would be nice.

Suggested Solution:

romzburg

I too find in confined areas (bushes, buildings) the raise when aim often blocks the target sight.

I agree with above, we need it an option.

Being able to keep your head down but peep over berms etcetera without exposing too much of your body is great feature. Presenting a smaller target and having a smaller target to aim at has on a few occasions lead to protracted firefights that would have been over much quicker in the current live system. But I agree with others here; the pop-up point-of-view change is troublesome at times with foliage and other obstacles moving into view when trying to aim often requiring a shuffling about to see and aim properly.

If aim is still right-click, I'd prefer to hold Ctrl + right-click to get pop up and aim rather than have a separate key like SPACE as was previously suggested (assuming it's possible.)

/2 cents