70 posts in this topic

Scenario Rules:

1) Respawns - Yes

2) MSP's - No

3) Duration - 90 minutes

4) Place - Training Server

Setup:

FJ spawn Koblenz

Allies spawn Monschau (Infantry Click Off "Spawn from MSP")

Objective:

Allied truck(s) with infantry loaded attempt to pass from Monschau to Malmedy, the FJ will attempt to intercept at any or all of three designated "golf ball" forests along the route. This route takes 20 minutes to transit via Bedford without interference, so ideally up to three trips could be made in "perfect" conditions.

Trucks must stay at / on / next-to road (i.e., no "off roading" to avoid engagement zones) -------- FJ's can *only* engage out of the engagement zone "golf balls" (i.e., you must be inside the bounds of the golf ball, even if you are firing out of it...no sneaking off to the roadsides beyond the golfballs for cheap gratification.)

Time Schedule (where T = Event Start Time)

T-15 Scenario Referees configure brigades, cp's, missions (continues through T+10)

T+0 FJ Loadup/organizing

T+10 FJ Lift Off -- (can be continuous from this point on)

T+15 Allied Loadup/organizing

T+30 Allied Trucks Start Route (continuous from this point on)

T+90 Scenario Ends

Scenario Start Time (T) = 12:00 (Noon) US Central (Rat) Time, Saturday, May 22nd (click for a fixed time conversion)

Engagement Zones:

10ht011.jpg

REPEAT: Trucks must stay at / on / next-to road (i.e., no "off roading" to avoid engagement zones) -------- FJ's can *only* engage out of the engagement zone "golf balls" (i.e., you must be inside the bounds of the golf ball, even if you are firing out of it...no sneaking off to the roadsides beyond the golfballs for cheap gratification.)

Allies score 1 point per Truck and 1 point per Inf delivered, score will be scaled according to attendance on both sides.

EDIT: "Golf Ball" refers to the entire circle of forest; that is both bits of forest either side of the road and the portion of road which cuts through them is taken to refer to an entire "golf ball."

Scenario Historical Background: Battle of the Bulge - Operation Stosser

Question' date=' truck's can drop their INF to fight, yeah?[/quote']

Yup. The idea being the "smart" truckers will work in a group, stop well outside of the engagement zones and allow their infantry to clear these obvious ambush areas before proceeding.

Since there won't be any MSP by either side, deaths at each engagement zone will be relatively permenant until one side or the other brings more troops.

The canny FJ's will need to decide if they should disperse across the three zones or concentrate...

If allies get 1 point per truck and inf' date=' how are axis scored? How do we know who wins?[/quote']

How do you know who wins IRL? :)

j/k, it's a valid question...basically the overall point number the allies need to achieve, I won't even know until we find out how many of both sides actually show up. If the number of allies vs. axis is really low then you could expect the overall vc number would also be low.

Given that there is a maximum of 3 trips possible in the scenario timeframe, if the allies complete 0 trips then you can expect the axis to have won, and if they complete 3 it'd be a sure indication of allied victory.

So you've got a base vc scale like this: 0 1 2 3, which I'll probably apply some Allied:Axis ratio multiplier to (and maybe an Allied Truck : Allied Inf ratio as well)

I hate to publish any numbers based on current sign ups, because they'll be taken as gospel when the actual attendance could be entirely different...and the scenario balance is entirely dependent on attendance.

Edited by malize

JU -

Jammyman

Stugatz

Legiox

Mbpig989

FJ Sign Ups -

Imbrutus

Jamesi

Giggadee

Gostrydr

Capfrank

Allstar12

Nonvalid

Merc88

Fiambre

Jaeger32

Akask1

Jawbreaker

Xaos

Makosguba

Kroni

Airgun

Romell

Cmay123

Hvyoutput

Edited by malize

Allied Sign Ups -

Trucks:

Wetwater

Khbigjoe

Zehive

Infantry:

Szyporyn

Christianr

Frantish

Subrat17

Chillie

Victor242

Macias99

Yokilla

Jetman123

Pheonix251

Warskar

Edited by malize

Are the JU's allowed to fire like gunships?? If not you should say so now before someone like me gets the idea to use them that way :D

Are the JU's allowed to fire like gunships?? If not you should say so now before someone like me gets the idea to use them that way :D

Think the effectiveness of this would be highly debatable, but I'll go ahead and say no.

who is hosting this?

If I understand the question correctly -> It will occur on the training server, the Realism Events team are the "hosts/referees"

If I understand the question correctly -> It will occur on the training server' date=' the Realism Events team are the "hosts/referees"[/quote']

I think the question is who is runnign the event and in charge of ensuring it is run correctly and in an effective manner. ?

Are you running it Malize ?. If not which members of the events team.

Just a question my squad would want to know before committing.

I think the question is who is runnign the event and in charge of ensuring it is run correctly and in an effective manner. ?

Are you running it Malize ?. If not which members of the events team.

Just a question my squad would want to know before committing.

That'd be myself then, with some assistance from Jammy.

merc88

Merc87

Merc86

FJ

we will bring the portable battle latrines for the scenario...

Is that three people or one?

He always signs like that - its one man.

<-- Signing up for allied side, trucking or whatever.

He always signs like that - its one man.

<-- Signing up for allied side, trucking or whatever.

take infantry, otherwise the allies will rely on running down the FJ with our trucks :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0