Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kylomylo

All things CRS gone

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm trying to connect to the game and get the server authentication error. I tried getting onto the website, but it's also not on. Finally I tried pinging the wretched thing (playnet.com) and it doesn't respond. The BGE game monitor also fails to initialize, as do any website pulling content from CRS. Only way I can acess the forum is through proxy. Tried both of my computers, same thing (one modem) I'm guessing some kinda block along the way?

Everything's fine here. Sounds like a firewall or DNS issue.

You might try power cycling your router (turn it off, wait a minute or two, turn it back on).

Hello funny helmet man, I tried reseting my cable mode and router to na avail. I checked the router settings for site blocks and firewalls, but nothing there either. Finally checked all software blocks, also nothing. I played around with different DNS addresses, but that did'nt help either. Could this have something to do with my ISP mucking about with their network? If so, how do I go around this/what do I ask them? Any help appreciated!

Please, if anyone is able to help in any way, I'd appreciate it. My configuration:

Cable modem -> Router -> Computer 1 (WinXP, Win 7), Computer 2 (Win 7)

Things I've tried:

* Disable firewalls/anti vir on both computers

* Go through router settings to check for firewalls/blocks

* Cycle router on/off

* Cycle modem on/off

* Bypass router by connecting modem directly to Computer 1

* Run cmd ipconfig /dnsflush on Computer 1 & 2

* Enter different DNS server addresses for router to use (still everything fine, except WWIIO. Used OpenDNS, 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 )

* Called ISP to check connections & block (modem fine/no blocks)

* Check proxy (website loads fine, cant use proxy to play)

* Ran forward DNS lookup for battlegroundeurope.com, getting IP 66.28.224.225. Ping and browser for that ip both time out.

The game and CRS/Playnet pages do not load. Server not found. I'm thinking DNS issue. I can probably muck around with my IP, but dont think that'll help. Any help or experience appreciated. Thank you.

PS damn proxy doesn't allow me to place line brakes, have to add them manually, cnt use the text edit buttons either. sigh.

UPDATE: Changed IP from public to private, no change.

Edited by kylomylo

Ran tracert - things go fine through my ISP, then:

11 118 ms 117 ms 117 ms adm-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.253.47]

12 163 ms 118 ms 139 ms adm-b5-link.telia.net [80.91.253.171]

13 * * * Request timed out.

14 * * * Request timed out.

15 * * * Request timed out.

16 * * * Request timed out.

17 * * * Request timed out.

18 * * * Request timed out.

19 * * * Request timed out.

20 199 ms 188 ms 189 ms Playnet.demarc.cogentco.com [66.28.30.146]

21 * * * Request timed out.

22 * * * Request timed out.

23 * * * Request timed out.

24 * * * Request timed out.

25 * * * Request timed out.

26 * * * Request timed out.

27 * * * Request timed out.

28 * * * Request timed out.

29 * * * Request timed out.

30 * * * Request timed out.

UPDATE: Okay, looks like Cogentco.com is the problem, as I can't reach them either. Had very similar problems during the first beta deployments.

UPDATE2: Cogent has decided not to exchange traffic directly with TeliaSonera’s AS 1299 or indirectly with AS 1299 through a third-party provider. As a result, Cogent has partitioned the Internet and disrupted the flow of traffic between Cogent and TeliaSonera customers. While this has a negative impact on some users of the Internet, this effect is the result of Cogent’s decision and is unfortunately beyond TeliaSonera’s control.

Interesting, as this comes from 2008. Wonder why I was switched to the telia-cogent link suddenly.

Edited by kylomylo

Cogent are dicks.

Every year i suffer packet issues at one of their hubs. Nothing helps until they re-route ... then it comes back again when they start farking around.

Crap company she be.

Edited by dooom

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0