Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
celliott

Help please, New player account question

7 posts in this topic

Hi Rats,

I've managed to persuade my MRS to give WWIIOnline a try but I have a couple of questions.

We currently have a wireless home LAN that gives us all internet and allows us to play network/internet games.

Will there be any problems with us both playing WWIIOnline at the same time from our network? e.g. IP address restrictions or that type of thing?

As this isn't a 'second' account for me, only she will use it, does she just register as a brand new player or how does that work?

Are any subscription discounts available in this case or is that just wishful thinking? :D

Is there anyway to prevent her combat stats from exceeding mine? ;)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Will there be any problems with us both playing WWIIOnline at the same time from our network? e.g. IP address restrictions or that type of thing?

As this isn't a 'second' account for me, only she will use it, does she just register as a brand new player or how does that work?

Are any subscription discounts available in this case or is that just wishful thinking? :D

Is there anyway to prevent her combat stats from exceeding mine? ;)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

1. No. You can play two accounts from the same PC if you desire.

2. A new account would need to be created.

3. No promotions that I am aware of at this time.

4. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Learn to aim?

The wireless could give you trouble if there's interference. First sign of connection issues, wire up.

The wireless could give you trouble if there's interference. First sign of connection issues' date=' wire up.[/quote']

yup, Latencies overall are lower to, which is important in a MMO type of situation you wanted the lowest ping possible for the best chance of a hit on something thats moving or some dude up in the window that keeps ducking after each shot. Really a wired connection is preferred though to get the best overall speed and latnecy, But a draft N 2.0 wireless card would do sweet and probably close to par on what you would see on a wired connection. If your getting over a 80% signal strength y'all ought to be fine. but like bloo said, any problems i'd probably hook it up with a physical connection.

"As this isn't a 'second' account for me, only she will use it, does she just register as a brand new player or how does that work? "

You'll need to make a full account for her, can't piggyback accounts like you can on some other games, but you could cancel before the month is up if she decides its not for her.

Is there anyway to prevent her combat stats from exceeding mine?

I'd keep pushing the reset switch on the power strip under the desk with my toe right before she goes to kill something and say "it must be unstable wwiiol?!!?".....lol

Best of luck, make sure you disable any Firewalls anti virus programs, and well... pretty much everything that isn't necessary for the computer to run. really helps on ww2ol since its so f@#king processor dependent, and extra applications eat up processor cycles.

Theres always the help channel in-game as well if your having problems or need a semi-instant answer on a networking problem or the like.

yep it worked like a charm :)

She even got a good kill on her first sortie which impressed me.

I got me a Pz 38 ATR kill too so it was a good night all round :cool:

Thanks for your help guys.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0