Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sevenedg

WIndows 7 alienware

23 posts in this topic

I am trying to get the game going on my new alienware windows 7. I have did Peegees steps to set up as windows vista service pack 2.

When i load the game, after the main load screen shows, it says WW2 has stopped working, looking for solution. I have read the threads on windows 7. What can I do.

I have installed every windows update

I have installed the latest video card drivers (nvidia 260gtx)

I have installed all soundcard drivers.

I have set the compat mode to vista pack2 and admin on and off

Still cant get the load screen to go all the way thru, says WW2 not working.,,,,7

Thanks.,,,,7

Edited by sevenedg

I have the same setup and have been sidelined from 1.30 for months. I wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out and concluded that it probably has something to do with AlienFX, but dunno....

1.31 runs fine and Plan B was to just wait out the release and play Red Orchestra until then. I did not realize how far behind that would get, but it feels like Real Soon Now is almost here. My suggestion is to just be patient unless you've got a lot of time to burn untangling somebody else's mess.

Thnaks Rata, I was thinking that. I can hook my old system up and let my non game playing wife use the Alienware. Sad they don't have support for one of the so called best gaming systems. So, is 1.31 in a week or so maybe?,,,,,7

Thnaks Rata' date=' I was thinking that. I can hook my old system up and let my non game playing wife use the Alienware. Sad they don't have support for one of the so called best gaming systems. So, is 1.31 in a week or so maybe?,,,,,7[/quote']

alienwares used to be awsome...

then dell bought alienware..

now they are just suped up dells in a pretty case..

I have the same setup and have been sidelined from 1.30 for months. I wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out and concluded that it probably has something to do with AlienFX, but dunno....

1.31 runs fine and Plan B was to just wait out the release and play Red Orchestra until then. I did not realize how far behind that would get, but it feels like Real Soon Now is almost here. My suggestion is to just be patient unless you've got a lot of time to burn untangling somebody else's mess.

Yea it has to pretty much be some sort of software that dell has thats causing the problems, because besides the Dell Brand Mainboard and Dell brand Memory, everything else comes from someone else (like eVGA intel)

If you wanted to gorilla fight with it, I'd just format all the drives and install a fresh independent copy of Windows 7 and start from there so it'll function as a normal computer.

But you need to be wary of any liquid cooled systems or fan regulation software.

Best way to deal with those is with a 5.25" tachometer/thermometer.

2cyp8cz.jpg

might have to poke around to find one that'll control exactly what you want, but after that you won't need the Dell/AW software controlling anything, which might be what your problem is.

I'd consider a Falcon Northwest computer if you want a high end gaming system.

http://www.falcon-nw.com/

They are the only PC Boutique left that hasn't been bought out by a major company and turned to s@#t. Every PC they sell is hand assembled and hand tested for the best stability,compatibility and the top most performance, the only system builder i recommend at this point.

bi18v9.jpg

rkv6tg.jpg

Simply Outstanding computers, and when something breaks, someone comes to YOUR HOUSE to fix it. your not just screwed over by a indian dell tech support guy 13,000 miles away.

-Indo420

Edited by vodka420

I am so sad over this. I am contemplating sending my new system back for return. I am trying to figure out how to avoic the restocking fee since the system is OK, it just doesn't run WW2OL. Some would say its CRS fault for being outdated.

Any ideas on what to say to get it to be a alienware system issue instead of CRS game issue so I can save $300?

Should I keep the system and wait till the patch comes out?,,,,7

I am so sad over this. I am contemplating sending my new system back for return. I am trying to figure out how to avoic the restocking fee since the system is OK, it just doesn't run WW2OL. Some would say its CRS fault for being outdated.

Any ideas on what to say to get it to be a alienware system issue instead of CRS game issue so I can save $300?

Should I keep the system and wait till the patch comes out?,,,,7

Tell them its a piece of crap that doesn't run your games to the satisfaction you expected for the price paid.

I can't really make a call like that for you though, as i'm sure it runs every other game in existence perfectly and with out issue.

The issue IS with CRS and the extremely extremely extremely outdated engine.

I also highly doubt that V1.31 will fix your problems, as much of the "core" of the game hasn't changed at all.

actually not all to much has changed with the game engine, it still won't use multiple CPU cores, It's still not optimized for the Shader processing platform, (still on the pixel pipeline rendering platform, a'la voodoo banshee cards) still haven't fixed the network connection errors, still no fix on the strange ATi issues. Still no fix on the audio engine,

I mean i can go on for pages about what needs to be fixed, its a fun game but its really really starting to show it's age in its lack of compatibility with new hardware.

It's almost as if you want to build a crap 400$ computer just for ww2ol, since it'll run about the same as a 4,500$ gaming rig through sheer lack hardware of support.

Sorry I can't help more, but there isn't much i can do these days.

- Indo420

Well i can put it this way

single core Pentium 4 641 Cedar mill @ 3.889Ghz (from 2004)out runs my Quad Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.712Ghz on ww2ol (tip top class from AMD, 2010).

However you go and try and play any other video game and the P4 can't handle it, spitting out 7-8fps in GTA4 while the Phenom II glides through it like butter at 60+fps.

Edited by vodka420

This is a desktop.

I DLed a version vid driver, I now got game loaded. I cant get the mouse moving though. I had to switch to the xp serv pak 2 mode. What can I do?,,,,7

The issue IS with CRS and the extremely extremely extremely outdated engine.

Every piece of evidence I have seen points to buggy drivers for the video card or the motherboard from Alienware.

Which is completely outside our ability to do anything about.

Edited by BLOO

Bloos right. I had this game working at times with the old drivers, and the Original Bios.

I spent 3hrs. and $50 to go to Alienware Advanced support to get the game to run.

Dell has updated Bios 2X for Alienware laptops, Nvidia has come out with a Beta driver which fixed some issues, it actually created more issues for alot of people. Game still won't load for me, but at least Dell and Nvidia are working to solve the problem, albeit slow.

A few of the Computerheads at Laptop and Notebook review forums actually traced down the issues and told Dell/Alienware where the problems are. Mainly in the Nvidia drivers.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-owners-lounges-guides-large-threads/434691-m17x-dpc-latency-stuttering-lock-ups-361.html

I'm sure there's some relation between the Alienware laptops and desktops which is

causing the Nvidia issue.

Well CRS support asked me to try the 1.31 beta. It seems to run smooth on that. I guess that means if I wait a few weeks, all will be ok? If thats the case, I will keep the amienware system.

So, if it runs well on beta now, that means it will continue torun well when 1.31 comes out correct?

Well CRS support asked me to try the 1.31 beta. It seems to run smooth on that. I guess that means if I wait a few weeks, all will be ok? If thats the case, I will keep the amienware system.

So, if it runs well on beta now, that means it will continue torun well when 1.31 comes out correct?

Unless CRS goes into full "Fix 1, Break 2" mode while getting 1.31 ready for release, it should run quite well when it goes GA. I have not had problems running any of the betas.

To reply more generally to comments others have made about Alienware, I agree that Dell sucks, but Alienware has superb build quality and the desktop casing and cooling pump are pretty amazing things that you can't get anywhere else AFAIK. I run at 26C idle, 27C full load and rarely hear a fan come up, that is not what you see with normal Dell.

Perhaps more to the point, I priced the components at about $300 less than what I paid to just buy an Aurora. Slapping together a comparable system would have wasted a day of my free time and at this point in my life/career, I would not have saved anything plus I hate hardware anyway.

At any rate, I don't think that it makes much sense to make buying decisions based on whether a game version which will be obsolete pretty soon will run. Patience. :)

Yea rata, I agree. Im gonna sit on the aroura. I use a computer for other things, but I must say, that since discovering ww2ol 8+ year ago, and having to go buy a vid card and ram, I was hooked. Since then I always keep a premium system to play this game, and no other game matters the same. I wonder sometimes what life will be like without this game since I have had this going as long as i have been married and as old as my oldest kid is. This game helped me quit smoking. When my wife had post partum and hated me, this game wa a refuge. I buy the system to play this game. That being said, i am hoping in 2 weeks when 1.31 comes out, i will have a suited system again.

Untill then, I will play on my XP system with 4 gig and a gts 8800 that still gets 50+ fps usually.,,,,7

Yea rata, I agree. Im gonna sit on the aroura. I use a computer for other things, but I must say, that since discovering ww2ol 8+ year ago, and having to go buy a vid card and ram, I was hooked. Since then I always keep a premium system to play this game, and no other game matters the same. I wonder sometimes what life will be like without this game since I have had this going as long as i have been married and as old as my oldest kid is. This game helped me quit smoking. When my wife had post partum and hated me, this game wa a refuge. I buy the system to play this game. That being said, i am hoping in 2 weeks when 1.31 comes out, i will have a suited system again.

Untill then, I will play on my XP system with 4 gig and a gts 8800 that still gets 50+ fps usually.,,,,7

Bout rdy for my 2nd 5770 and go Crossfire.

Phenom II X6 1090T next year. (made sure i had drop in support)

I want to pierce 23,000 on 3dmark 2006 lol Then i'll be half as fast as the fastest computer in the world.

Effectively "CRS Support" is me, and I'm damned glad to hear the beta runs for you!

Every piece of evidence I have seen points to buggy drivers for the video card or the motherboard from Alienware.

Which is completely outside our ability to do anything about.

seems extremely strange though that the system will play every other game flawlessly like a gorilla fight, but you toss the Chipewyan ww2ol at it and it explodes.

desktop casing cooling pump are pretty amazing things

Aren't they CoolIT pumps?

Gotta hand it to the aluminum and carbon fiber CG6190 for a bada@# chassis

4rca6e.jpg

e5oaqq.jpg

2w36eiu.jpg

but i might be biased since its the continuation of the Vento series

Wish i was there, man i could probably knock the problem out in a few hours.

its always something stupid and simple.

seems extremely strange though that the system will play every other game flawlessly like a gorilla fight' date=' but you toss the Chipewyan ww2ol at it and it explodes.[/quote']

I love this kind of statement. I hear it a lot. Pretty bold. "Every game"? Never.

"Every game that you play?" Possibly.

Read all the issues with big name games that Nvidia and ATI mention in the readmes that accompany each driver release. Often those lists are long - and those are only the games the card manufacturers have tested and confirmed an issue with.

Additionally, we are an OpenGL game. Most commercial games aren't these days.

Add in that both big card manufacturers have decided to try to have monthly driver releases, and issues become a moving target (including for themselves as the recently recalled Nvidia driver demonstrates).

There are really far too many variables, and far too many games for me to ever take the line "every game but WWII Online is fine" seriously.

If this is just some sort of dell software that's running and screwin things up should be easy to disable it.

If its driver related and you gotta use dell provided drivers.....I bet you can get around that too.

The mouse prob is a win7/1.30 prob. Seting the games exes to vista compatibility should cure the stuck mouse.

1.31 does not need compatibility.

Sevendg what soundcard do you have in your machine?

I have the best soundblaster. Titanium soundblaster I believe.,,,,7

I have the best soundblaster. Titanium soundblaster I believe.' date=',,,7[/quote']

Ok so it's probably not that then. On mine it always crashes on "Initializing Sounds" or "Loading Sounds" on the loading screen. Most of the time I don't even see the loading screen but I think "Initializing Sounds" is one of the first things it does so I think it crashes before it can even show the screen. I get all kinds of odd little pops and scratchy noises as it tries to start. My problem is I have an m17x laptop with onboard IDT audio codec and I can't disable it to see if that's the problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0