Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Zooming / FPS

zeta

Just for reference - have you tried to set shadows to medium or low and testing again?

I seem to remember that Gophur said that self-shadowing on trees could be the issue.

I did set LOW shadows immediately.

Why give the enemy a chance to hide in them shadows, eh? =)

I might add that while 7900GS is not a top notch card, it can run for example The Witcher and Dragon Age in full settings with no fps problems. Both use SpeedTrees.

www.lagus.org/board/attachments/witcher_speedtrees.jpg

In all fairness - you are comparing apples and oranges here. Even though they all use speedtrees - the game engines are made with completely different objectives in mind. BGE has a draw distance vastly greater than any of the other two.

I am sure the devs will look into any issue with scoped views - I am just saying that your card will run into many issues trying to cope with the game in the future. But in the end it is your call what you try to play the game with.

I did set LOW shadows immediately.

Why give the enemy a chance to hide in them shadows, eh? =)

Just a FYI - low shadow settings does not make it any easier to spot enemies. It might in fact be quite the opposite - high shadow settings makes shadows much more detailed while low shadows make them much more uniform.

So if you have enemies hiding on the borders of shadows - high shadows might make it a little bit easier to spot them.

Just a FYI - low shadow settings does not make it any easier to spot enemies. It might in fact be quite the opposite - high shadow settings makes shadows much more detailed while low shadows make them much more uniform.

So if you have enemies hiding on the borders of shadows - high shadows might make it a little bit easier to spot them.

Yeah, J/K.

I did set it to LOW, tho'.