• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kill11

Fixing Your Joystick that isn't working right.

55 posts in this topic

i have tried all of these suggestions, and none have worked. the game will not recognize my X, Y, or Z axis, but recognizes all the buttons on same controller. worked fine when 131 was released but i think last patch screwed it up. i have Saitek X52 which has been out a long time and should be supported.

when joystick has gun a bit nuts as well. I had to adjust it to prevent it from pulling to the left on the X axis. The patch has fragged my adjustment and i can't seem to get it to create a dead zone on the left side any more.

Currently i can get the left side to response correctly but I have a huge dead zone on the right side when I do it.

Anyone having probs with the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro here is the fix for the Slider control (courtesy of a support email from the Rats):

To get it to work in game, just go to the keymapper and select a category of vehicle, such as Fighters and Bombers, double-click the Primary column for throttle, move the throttle on the stick up and down. You should see joystick 1 slider1 axis appear in the column. Then click the Save Changes button.

i have tried all of these suggestions' date=' and none have worked. the game will not recognize my X, Y, or Z axis, but recognizes all the buttons on same controller. worked fine when 131 was released but i think last patch screwed it up. i have Saitek X52 which has been out a long time and should be supported.[/quote']

Ditto except I'm running a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. Win7 64 Ultimate. Joystick works fine with everything else.

I have a CYBORG evo FORCE (top of the line joystick that cost me around $100) and it wont keymap anything I do. Did CRS make it where you had to have a certain joystick?

kill I'm running evo force and have never had an issue with joystick and the latest driver I could find was 2008 version 6224

I have been using the same "cfml" (keymapper) file for over a year and whenever i delete game, I remove it and replace with new install, never been an issue. Do all your settings work in joystick control panel? Would the sst software program help? Or perhaps this one?

http://xpadder.com/

good luck

any idea on how to tone down sensitivity? i have done in game and with controller settings and for the life of me can't get it to a point where hair like touches go away, esp rdder, i dont even get to twist more then 10cm before its full cocked, any idea? extreeme 3d pro logi

Windows 7 ultimate, under preferred devices, it shows as

fix isnt working for me, need help

edit

something to do with ch manager, since they dont show under the list at all

Edited by ramse888

i have a saitek aviator , its a USB joystick, that i purchased at my local " gamestop " facility.

Yesterday i did some practice, and noticed the joystick was mainly already configured, i changed a few buttons around in preferences, and learned to take off.

The next day, being yesterday, i am having problems. ALL of my buttons on my joystick work, except for one TERRIBLE exception my throttle.

completely out of the blue, the throttle stopped working...and ONLY for ww2ol. It works on my other PC aviation games, and my PS3.

It makes no sense seeing as it worked one day, and not the next, i checked my mapping, and everything, and the throttle on the joystick is configured properly in the mapper, to be the throttle.

Im just frustrated and confused as to why i cant get this throttle to work!, i want to take back to the air!, i didnt buy a $ 50 joystick for nothin!.

What is the best joystick to fly with in the game? I use a Logitech Extreme 3dPro. I dont like the twist rudder on this this. Is there a way to disable it? I flew for 4 yrs in fighterace and would like to get back in the air for a few kills. TY:D

my controller worked before the patch, i just came back and it does not work at all. there is nothing called control panel ingame, went to joystick and no advaced settings there / help please

btw the joystick is a cyborg / saitek

I had the same problem and went through this thread and couldn't find an immediate solution because I coudn't see a Preferred device option in XP. It turns out it was under the "Advanced" options.

joystick1.jpg

joystick2.jpg

Fixed for me now.

is that only for win 7 for the prefered,mine worked then they dont,but they work in windows,ch pro pedals and saitek

Thanks this thread has proved quite helpful to me. After the new patch should I still assign my elevator trim controls to the joystick y axis on the German fighters?

Edited by torbjorn

When I try the fix in windows, WWII Online "sees" my saitek Av8r-01. But then the game forgets that I still have a X-52 throttle aswell. Is there a way to set TWO controllers?

Btw, the ingame joystick detector tells me that my sticks are "detected. But when I go to keymap, the game does nothing.

None of this stuff works for me. I have an x65 and can't get the tanks to steer at all. Yes I have keymapped for using brakes to steer and have even tried making a profile for the stick to work in the game as well.

I'm using a 2.6 quad core with 6gb of ram. The video card is an nvidia 9600 gt OC edition. Using win 7. If there's a fix please email me at AHIIHedonist@gmail.com . I want to get rid of my trial account and play but not until everything works.

try going to a game store and they will do something hopefully

Please keep in mind the stick works in AHII, MSFSX, hawx,and il-2. It's not the stick that doesn't work,

running win7 pro 64. i cannot get my cfml files to work. i am using a ch products fighterstick usb and a ch products pro throttle usb.

if you cant steer when tank is in gear its because you have no GAS on push stick forward to add gas!

I use AV8R saitek. I have 0 problems guys. bind the elevator controls to one of your throttles use the other throttle as actual throttle.

Hello all. Well, I got a Saitek AV8R and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Neither are detected by the game. The Saitek I purchsaed today to resolve the issue I was having. Wasted monney it appears. I did the tip posted above to select the preferred device, didn't help. I reinstalled the drivers for the devices and the PC detects them with no problem. So, zero response from any joystick or button input when in game. Logitech worked great before the last 4 patches. If Vista 64 8800GTS 8 gigs RAM Hopefully somebody has a tip that will work, so I wont have to cancel my subscription. Thanks in advance.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0