Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Concussion Bug #4193

aeropaus

Fixed my ARSE. Seriously sort this **** out, along with the 100's of other bugs. This game has become seriously retarded since the 1.31, which is a shame because i loved this game before, now its bordering on tedious & a waste of my time.:mad:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• heavymetal

• duncarin

• hick

It's still happening, with frightening regularity.

Fun thing was, 2 weeks ago I had no idea what it was... Then this week I've been getting it constantly... And guys on chat channels are all complaining about the same thing

Cheers

Az

I've spent all week trying to get this to replicate. Any pointers would be great. I'm still not getting it. Trying to be INF around big fights with lots of AAA.

Also happens when bombs being dropped close to you

It might be a sound thing, try using 64 or 32 sounds

I noticed something the last time I had the concussion bug. I was scanning ahead of me at a town where a big battle was underway. There were numerous planes in the air flying over and around the town. I was infantry so I didn't pay too much attention to them until two planes flew directly at me from the town. The first plane was getting hit and when it would have been over me I got the bug. It was almost as if the game thought I was in the plane or right next to instead of a hundred or so meters directly below it. Similar to how all crew members of a vehicle feel the concussion of being hit, could the engine now read a player directly below a plane being hit as a member of the crew, then as the plane quickly increases the distance from the player on the ground the bug remains with him? Could the bug be a spatial effect from being below a unit that gets hit, transfering the effect to the player on the ground as well? That might explain a few things, such as why it is more common in big battles, why it is not duplicatable, and why it seems to come from nowhere because the player on the ground is not being fired on himself. After that occured I tried to remember the other times when there was an airbattle overhead but I can't be sure. I am waiting to see if it happens to me again as I am watching for that now. Anyway thats what I noticed. It may help, it was something you guys already checked out or I am barking up the wrong tree.

I've spent all week trying to get this to replicate. Any pointers would be great. I'm still not getting it. Trying to be INF around big fights with lots of AAA.

almost need to schedule a large-scale test for this tbh, the conditions in which it occurs in the live game are so random and chaotic that it's hard to figure out the trigger.

I have had the concussion bug two times. the first time i got it i was in a stuart surrounding axis town. The second time i was in ju52 jumping as para.

The first time around i remember axis and allied fighters passing over and ai aa shooting at them while the planes where shooting eachoters. After getting the bug i switched crew positions, moved a bit and it slowly went away.

The second time it was only for a moment. It happened when ai aa started to shoot the ju52 i was in, it was the docks ai aa and the bug lasted about 10 - 15 seconds. atleast 5 of the paras inside reported the conussion bug in the chat.

It seems to me that it's something related to how the client predicts where AI AAA (or other) shots are landing, but not the whole client - only the screen shake, audio and stamina portion. I've never received damage from a concussion bug, only annoyance.

There is a bug that might be related to this. Sometimes, when someone is away from a battle, it suddenly sounds like the entire fight's audio has sped up and moved within a foot of my location. It seems to have a warping type of sound to the shots and lasts for about 5-10 seconds then goes away. I haven't experienced this one since 1.31, but the concussion bug might have a similar cause.

concusion bug on af Gilze

Ai AA firing

lot of player get it at the same time

I despawn and have some difficulties to spawn again, connection issue ?

Got several times yesterday, but certainly a time passed since last time.

I got it in a Fairmile in his naval version :D All was relatively quiet just 5 or 6 others vessels in the river but whitout shooting. Other time was in a Laffy where it takes the "blind" version.

They should just turn the whole cncussion thing off untill they have some idea of how to narrow it down and kill it, because at the moment people just log off as it does there head in alot more than what it would by not having it at all.

I need system specs for everyone getting this bug.

What were you doing when it happened?

When does it go away?

When does it go away?

M6300

Intel T9300 2.5gz

4GB PC5300 DDR2

Quadro FX3600M 512Mb DDR3

Windows XP Pro x64 sp2

Sigmatel Audio Onboard

CMI8738 PCI Audio

Generally occurs during heavy shelling/aerial bombardment. Sometime goes away on it's own, but others I have to despawn or even reload BE.

I know that's not much help unfortunately

When does it go away?

Account #1

ASUS P5W DH

Intel 6400

6GB RAM

Vista 32bit

Creative SB X-Fi

Account #2

ASUS 5GD1

Intel P4 3GHz

2GB RAM

XP Pro SP3 32bit

Sound disabled

Both accounts get bug at same time. 1st time was well away from the action as stated in previous post and 2nd time was 2 minutes later leaving town with minimal action.

Just got bug again at Hasselt (about 9:15 pm PDT) as fairmile (only 1 account logged in). Started for Paal to RTB, got halfway back and concusion ceased (once it stopped I did a u-turn and headed back, encountered enemy ATG halfway through u-turn [perhaps he fired at me eariler causing concusion bug to cease])

Edit:

Alt-tabbing out of game does not help, neither does switching crew member positions.

Edited by duncarin

There is a new executable available for testing.

Concussion Bug "Fix"

The concussion effect is actually several effects in one. There is red screen, blur and shake for example. We've turned shake off. The only times we've seen the concussion bug was with the shake being stuck on. I don't see anything reported that gives any different description. If you've been experiencing something different, please give us a report here.

Now when the game thinks you might have the concussion effect from screen shake we will send a .report up to the server with some information in it.

Additionally this test release has some changes to the infantry collider that need to be tested out.

Testing

If you'd like to test this change please run the following installer:

http://installers.wwiionline.com/wwiiol1314concbug.exe

This will overwrite your WW2.exe file with a new one. This is the only change you will need to test.

If you would like to revert to the current live version undoing these changes then run this installer:

http://installers.wwiionline.com/wwiiol13131314.exe

Please post your feedback in this thread. Please post here whenever you get the concussion bug. include any relevant information that you can.

There is a new executable available for testing.

Concussion Bug "Fix"

The concussion effect is actually several effects in one. There is red screen, blur and shake for example. We've turned shake off. The only times we've seen the concussion bug was with the shake being stuck on. I don't see anything reported that gives any different description. If you've been experiencing something different, please give us a report here.

Now when the game thinks you might have the concussion effect from screen shake we will send a .report up to the server with some information in it.

Additionally this test release has some changes to the infantry collider that need to be tested out.

Testing

If you'd like to test this change please run the following installer:

http://installers.wwiionline.com/wwiiol1314concbug.exe

This will overwrite your WW2.exe file with a new one. This is the only change you will need to test.

If you would like to revert to the current live version undoing these changes then run this installer:

http://installers.wwiionline.com/wwiiol13131314.exe

Please post your feedback in this thread. Please post here whenever you get the concussion bug. include any relevant information that you can.

awesome, will put it through the paces this weekend.

Here's one for you gophur.

Installed the new .exe and now I auto despawn after 1 minute and cannot respawn without canceling the reservation and selecting a new unit.

Don't get a popup or anyhting, just be doing whatever (running, walking, laying there still) and boom, death cam view and straight to aar screen. Always 1 minute in.

Installed the new .exe and now I auto despawn after 1 minute and cannot respawn without canceling the reservation and selecting a new unit.

Don't get a popup or anyhting, just be doing whatever (running, walking, laying there still) and boom, death cam view and straight to aar screen. Always 1 minute in.

But no concussion bug, right?

DOH. Sorry about that. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Should be ready in a minute.

Edited by GOPHUR

This isn't a fix for the concussion bug. This is turning off the screen shake effect and sending an automated .report to the server.

You should continue to .report every concussion bug you get and follow it up with a post here.