Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroAce

Tips for improving FPS?

33 posts in this topic

I was getting around 20-25 FPS in large battles. I use to max out FPS over 100 in 1.30 to where it was always smooth.

Some seemed to think I should not be getting this level of performance with my system in 1.31, that something must be wrong.

Vista 32bit

Nvidia GTX260

Intel 3ghz dual core

4GB RAM

Soundblaster fatality X-FI.

Could my problem simply be that I'm using 32bit vista, or is my processor bottlenecking my GPU, or could something else be wrong?

Maybe I'm not using the latest drivers? I'm a bit worried about upgrading all the time now, because the last time I did it fried my nvidia card.

If I could get some more FPS out of this rig then I'd be able to use FRAPs to make videos.

Edited by ZeroAce

I actually get pretty decent FPS concidering that my system is on the low end,

I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and 2GB memory, A GeForce 8600GT and i get 55 in smaller towns and 15-18 in bigger towns with fighting going on,

I do have some stutter though,

But it runs much better then i expected,

Are you running on best graphics or best performance?

Best graphics, max resolution.

Radial Clutter off?

On.

My issue is not merely increasing FPS. I could do that by lowering settings. I want to get higher FPS with maxed settings so I can have more FPS to fraps with. Fraps cuts my FPS in half.

On.

My issue is not merely increasing FPS. I could do that by lowering settings. I want to get higher FPS with maxed settings so I can have more FPS to fraps with. Fraps cuts my FPS in half.

Normal maps, specular, water effects off, not going to increase performance any other way really. Shadows on low still keeps persitant tree shadows.

Reduce vis limit to low.

Is this level of FPS normal though for my machine? Some have said performance with vista 32 sucks.

Is this level of FPS normal though for my machine? Some have said performance with vista 32 sucks.

Think so with max graphics.

It boggles the mind sometimes how bad the performance of the game is on some machines with decent specs.

I'm not sure, I don't think your performance is that bad for the game. I'll try it later today and will post numbers.

V-Sync off. Simple, but very efficient. In fact, i turn this off in any game, ur eye wont see the difference and u add many Fps.

MORE RAM!!!!! I have 9mb's of ram and I have the same FPS as I did in 1.30 anywhere from 45fps big battles to 150fps other places. I believe its the Ram. I am running a 2.66 Core I.7, with GTX 260.

Edited by berlinee

Radial clutter can't be turned off like in the old days - your only option is to set the sliders to their minimum value.

MORE RAM!!!!! I have 9mb's of ram and I have the same FPS as I did in 1.30 anywhere from 45fps big battles to 150fps other places. I believe its the Ram. I am running a 2.66 Core I.7' date=' with GTX 260.[/quote']

Are you running Vista/Win7 64bit?

Edited by haughtkarl

Radial clutter can't be turned off like in the old days - your only option is to set the sliders to their minimum value.

Are you running Vista/Win7 64bit?

Win7 64 bit yes.

Vista does suck. I had Vista on my machine from the factory, when I reformatted and installed XP, I literally DOUBLED my framerates across the board. I get about 30 FPs in large battles now, and considering my processor isn't as fast as yours and that is the bottleneck in my system, I bet if you put XP on your machine you would be amazed with the results.

Win XP

Dual Intel E2200 @ 2.20GHz

GeForce 9800GT

4GB RAM

Try the Low Memory option on the Preferences tab?

Visible Player Limit set to Low?

With an Core i7, which is the fastest CPU on the market?

Bloo its still an issue with the treelines (nvidia).

I get solid 60fps on terrain loaded with people when im not looking at treelines with tank cmdr (not using binocs)... when the cmdr view goes to a treeline it drops to 30.

If I use binocs or tank gun zoom the FPS drops to 5.

1600X1200 res 32bit setting

Nvidia 7800GT 256mb

Winxp Pro 64 bit

AMD 4400 dual core 64bit 4gigs ram

Please note the above happens even when I have full graphic effects on -AND- when I switch everything off that I can to improve fps (even using 'performance' setting preset in preferences). It has to be the treelines.

The only way to keep binoc view to tolerable fps is to drop the game to 1024 res .. which looks HORRIBLE (and fps is down to 12). I dont even bother playing this game unless its at 1600 res.

I was just getting horrible lag in town fighting today, worse than yesterday. It made no sense. 10-15 FPS.

What does low memory do? I'll try it.

One thing I don't want to sacrifice is necessary is vis limit.

I was getting 120 FPS offline in 1.30. During the biggest battles it never had any noticable framerate drop.

Now I get around 20-30 with everything turned off in big battles.

10-15 with everything turned on.

If I just need a better video card that's not as much of a problem as having to buy a new CPU and motherboard along with it, or having to buy windows 7 64 bit.

I'm hoping that my CPU is fine considering how well it performed in 1.30. I'm hoping maybe an upgrade to windows 7 64 can improve my performance, and if need be maybe I can get a latest generation video card.

Press F10 a couple of times. It reduces your range visibility but it boosts your FPS at least to 20%. Usefull when infantry fights occur.

Enjoy!

hah i noticed today my FPS doesn't drop on my ATi card like it did with my Nvidia card when i looked through the binos.

overclock your processor ZeroAce, that'd be the easiest and cheapest way to net some serious FPS increases.

intels overclock like bandits robbing a bank.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0