Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badger77

LOW FPS Thread

11 posts in this topic

I know it's not a bug hence not reporting it in live but is everyone getting pretty low FPS>

At times it's great 35 - 60. I know the rats have improved the "smoothness" of it all so lower FPS don't feel so bad and work fine but I'm finding it dropping to levels that quite frankly are too low for my setup and it's affecting play.

In La Capelle now so not a huge town but it's reasonably busy. at 20 FPS things are pretty clunky - not as bad as old 20 fps wouldbe but still not great.

Getting 18 - 24 FPS

Windows 7 - 64bit

6GB RAM

GTX 260

I7 920

1680 x 1050 res

I have 9 gig ram, a Gforce gts260 vid card and windows 7. I am getting 25-30 fps. I am hoping they get this worked out.,,,,7

i haven't been able to bring up the low end when it's really busy, but to average higher fps in all but the worst on screen scenarios turn off combat smoke and normal maps, all water effects, turn shadows down to low.

leave post render on as it doesn't seem to hit fps much and it's what makes everything soft and shiny.

i actually only leave muzzle flash, post render, ragdoll dudes and specular on and since then I haven't had any trouble. well, except for the random mystery fps-killer bush.

and no calling me a 12 year old girl, i typed this on my phone.

Big fight last night in the town NW of koln, 16 to 25 following the ant trail into town, 50s at the fb. 90s offline training. This is what i expected from this rig, going to try the 3.0 gig intell tonight.

balanced settings

2.2 gig amd quad core socket am2

XPpro

8800gt

4 gigs 800meg

XFi audio 32 sounds enabled

1600 900

I was forced to turn specular off, sounds to 64 "which I hated doing", shadows to low. Now its much better. What are you guys doing with Vsync? The last version ran so badly with Vsync on that I have always left it off and continue to.

I've got some weird fps drops, its a smooth 25~30fps at the low points in the dankest battles i could find

Running around town is perfectly fine, reguardless of how busy the town is.

But flying for me drops me down into the high 20's when i'm directly over town

Max graphics @ 1920x1200 on a Ati 5770, Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.612Ghz

if i figure out what it is i'll shoot a line on here.

i might be slow fps' date=' but is it smooth?[/quote']

If you read my post :)

It's much smoother but once your down to 20 fps things get clunky not matter how much it is smoothed or masked. 17 - 20 you can really feel it in a busy town.

Good to see others getting similar as it means it's global. I was just worried combined with my other weird error crash I keep getting with super 4 - 10 second freeze lag and sound loop - (Bad allocation error on card according to log but thats another thing posted in live bug).

Also good to see what others have found really helps.

I am sure things will improve as the rats tie down remaining bugs and find areas that release extra fps.

Interesting that those on low end systems are getting similar frames at times.

Just bought a soundcard not sure I'm ready to upgrade the 260gtx yet especially since I bought an I7 as well :)

Might play with a few settings see if there are any big gains.

I was forced to turn specular off' date=' sounds to 64 "which I hated doing", shadows to low. Now its much better. What are you guys doing with Vsync? The last version ran so badly with Vsync on that I have always left it off and continue to.[/quote']

Really interesting you say that. When I bought this 260GTX along with my wolfdale Core 2 CPU I was getting crazy high fps at times and it caused some issues with action and sound sync etc. Moving to v sync on really helped make it smoother and sorted all the weird problems out above 120fps.

Even with the upgrade I don't think I need to worry about the super high fps so may try v sync off see what happens.

Last night i recall guys typing to actually "leave v-sync on", they were saying that it didn't seem to have a impact on the fps as in 1.30. Personally i started with mine on, then as i joined the constant of players trying to figure out what worked for them best, as far as gaining fps & turning different settings either down or off. I turned my v-sync off along with some other settings, changed shadows from high to low, etc. But upon seeing from a few other players typing in chat last night, that "supposedly" turning v-sync off didn't really have an impact as much as it did on 1.30 i may turn mine back on & leave all the other settings alone (as im in the 35-40 fps range with still quite a few of the eye candy settings on) and see if it makes any difference, at this point & stage it won't hurt.

Been back to la capelle and getting 60 - 90 fps with EI contested but no mortars and no where near as busy.

Suppose it's all the extra stuff going on and smoke / mortars that drag it down.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0