Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gman13

Headphone questions, need help.

12 posts in this topic

I just bought a pair of logitech G35 surround sound 7.1 usb headphones & my question is, what audio settings do i need to set them to? I picked them as my "default audio device" in audio settings. I also have them selected within my windows 7 settings as my default "playback & recording devices", now although i'm not seemingly getting the true surround sound aspect, and i know this can be achieved as i owned a cheaper pair of surround sound headphones & they worked just as advertised (but the mic wen't on them after about 6-8 months), i could tell exactly what direction a truck, tank, etc, etc was coming from. Is there something i mite be missing in my audio settings? all help welcomed & thanks in advance.

Edited by gman13

You'll never achieve true surround or 7.1 with software headphones. you need dedicated hardware sound, not onboard. The problem your faced with is the software limitations, so the best thing is setup the headphones as recommended by the manufacturer also the game must be set as software as well. Since you're using software to render sound you're also going to take a hit in FPS as all processing is done on the OS/CPU, unlike a hardware sound card.

I beg to differ with you on 1 issue, it's not software as an option in settings, it's hardware & the reason i know is because not only did i read up on the forums here as far as headphones, "BUT" i tested it out myself, as i had it on software initially, noticed no "surround sound effect" whatsoever (just normal sound) but as soon as i put it on hardware, i could immediattly tell where the next laffy was coming from, what ridge the next et was coming from, direction of incoming rounds, etc, etc. So switching from my "default sound driver" & changing it to my G35 headset in options & changing software to hardware made it work, dunno why, but my surround sound headphones now work like they should, but thx for the help tho.

Not trying to throw you for a ride, but it's "simulating" 7.1 and headphones that market that crap dependency relies heavily on software and the game... it's not hardware. I'm sure you can set it to hardware within WWII to receive added benefits WWII has to offer, but it's not going to be true surround sound, it's impossible for "software" to replicate what a cpu on a sound card or a receiver does, there is a huge limitation there.

As for the problems you're having the best bet is to play around with the driver settings, it could also just be a bug in WWII with the new version just being release.

If I set my card up to external speakers or senheiser headphones I'll receive true 7.1... Hardware: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7125/snap1l.png hardware you have the ability to change nearly every frequency to manipulate sound, software you are limited to predefined settings bass , treble or whatever profiles they've added to enhance it. http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7125/snap1l.png' rel="external nofollow">

Edited by phallus

make sure your audio card is selected in the out of game ww2ol settings. and not "primary sound driver"

Nice headset my only problem with them is logitech did not provide enough settings in there software to make adjusments like creative and other brands provide. They are pretty limited on fine tuning them.

make sure your audio card is selected in the out of game ww2ol settings. and not "primary sound driver"

So i wanna select my "sound card" & not my G35 Headset as my output for audio within ww2online settings??? Or at least thats what i'm taking you mean by saying select your "audio card", please clarify???

Edited by gman13

Great set of headphones, love my pair - just be gentle with them as they are known to be a bit fragile where the ear pieces connect to the head band. I think they are awesome though and really do help with pin-pointing audio. I think they give the closest to 7.1 as possible.

My setup:

* For WWII Online settings mine are set for "Logitech G35 (2- Logitech G35 Headset)"

G35s

* I have Surround Sound "on" (It's the switch on the headset itself)

* I turned microphone in the G35 panel all the way up

* I have Bass at the 4th tick mark

* I have Treble between the 3rd and 4th tick mark

Sound Panel:

* Microphone 100%

Just a minor note... create a profile for the G keys, I don't use them BUT if you don't create a profile and select an app you don't have (I know this sounds funny), when you take the headset on/off your going to inadvertantly hit one of the G buttons, which is going to start up iTunes. Kinda of a pain they don't have a 'do nothing' option....

Edited by piercer

Great set of headphones, love my pair - just be gentle with them as they are known to be a bit fragile where the ear pieces connect to the head band. I think they are awesome though and really do help with pin-pointing audio. I think they give the closest to 7.1 as possible.

My setup:

* For WWII Online settings mine are set for "Logitech G35 (2- Logitech G35 Headset)"

G35s

* I have Surround Sound "on" (It's the switch on the headset itself)

* I turned microphone in the G35 panel all the way up

* I have Bass at the 4th tick mark

* I have Treble between the 3rd and 4th tick mark

Sound Panel:

* Microphone 100%

Just a minor note... create a profile for the G keys, I don't use them BUT if you don't create a profile and select an app you don't have (I know this sounds funny), when you take the headset on/off your going to inadvertantly hit one of the G buttons, which is going to start up iTunes. Kinda of a pain they don't have a 'do nothing' option....

Hey nice to hear piercer that i'm not the only one out there who has a set of these for use in ww2online (of course there nice as hell for other games as well,lol) but 1 thing you left out "in your settings", do you have your sound ticked on software or hardware within game settings (in ww2online)??? And do you really notice the surround sound in game?

Game Settings:

* Logitech G35

* Hardware

* 128 Sounds

Yes, full surround sound for me - I've tried a lot of different headsets, these by-far have been the best for this game.

P-

Thanks bro, i see you have your sounds set to 128, mmmmm, mine are set to 64 if i change it to 128 from 64 will it be a significant hit on my fps???

Thanks bro' date=' i see you have your sounds set to 128, mmmmm, mine are set to 64 if i change it to 128 from 64 will it be a significant hit on my fps???[/quote']

Try it and see, I have a set of these and the 3d is fantastic.

My only problem is I don't want to set them as default audio device and still select it in ww2ol.

The immersion with these is great.

I have no need to set microphone to 100% works as per normal for me.

I posted a thread (http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=326792) about my issues

a) ensure you select hardware in ww2ol sound options (not software)

B) trying to get the audio device set without having it set primary in windows.

Is there thread with all the known issues for 1.3.1?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0