Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twisty

Sounds Issues 1.3.1

6 posts in this topic

Good News:

After setting the sound settings from software to hardware in the game options i'm much happier.

Bad News:

I have to set my headphones to the primary/default sound card in windows to hear anythings in game.

Hi, Did a quick search and couldn't find a solution, I have Logitech G35 headset which I use for games and teamspeak. (its a USB connector)

I usually just select the sound device in the properties and thats it works for most titles.

When i select the sound source in 1.3.1 it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have checked the wwiiol.xml file is changing setting:

Here set to Logitech Headset (USB)

Back to Primary:

Back to Logitech Headset (USB)

Anyone know if there is something i'm doing wrong, or have a potential solution.

At the moment i have to modify what my primary sound device is in windows before playing to get this headset to work in game.

Cheers

Rob/Twisty

Same issue for me with a Sennheiser PC166.

Even selecting it in BE settings, i hear the game on speakers... I have to change the default device in windows before playing.

Plus i noticed that when i select "hardware sound", it always come back to software after rebooting the game. Whenever i use USB Sennheiser soundcard, or my audigy 2ZS...

Edit : for hardware sound, it was already reported in other threads..

Edited by carbo

Hi' date=' should this be in Live Game BUG reporting forum?[/quote']

probably since they are still doing polishing of the 1.31...and it needs to be noted

Hey fellers. If you have creative hardware, install Alchemy or Alchemy Universal and add the BE game directory as a game profile and ADD.

This fixed some directional sound issues for me, and SEEMS to have improved the sound quality. Ill do some tests with and without to make sure.

Hey fellers. If you have creative hardware, install Alchemy or Alchemy Universal and add the BE game directory as a game profile and ADD.

This fixed some directional sound issues for me, and SEEMS to have improved the sound quality. Ill do some tests with and without to make sure.

My issue is with the primary device not with getting directional sound working.

Looks like the game is ignoring the settings file.

Just confirmed this.

Swapped it around so headset was primary in windows and set the game to use the desktop speakers.

WWIIOL always uses primary device no matter what the settings file says.

Posted this in bugs forum as i can't fix this:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?p=5097023#post5097023

Edited by twisty

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0