• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stalg

FPS Fix... my framerate went from 10-25 to 40-100!

36 posts in this topic

Well i ran the game last night after dl'ing the patch (and unchecking compatability-mode both on my playgate & ww2online exe's) and it did indeed make a difference for me, game runs smooth as hell for me now.

I've done some testing and yes, there is a small difference. Not a very huge one but it's definately noticable. Offline .bench... and on training ground.

Thing is. When I turn the compatibility for vista sp2 back on it doesn't become as "bad" as it was from the beginning.. and this puzzles me. After first installing 1.31 without removing the settings I had much lower framerates than I have now when I turn it back on. This suggests that it was something else that happened in the process, that it might not have been the compatibility mode in itself that was the cause of the lower performance but something that was fixed when it was removed..

I have absolutely no idea what though. I can't replicate the lower framerates again.

You are running windows service pack 2 for Vista?

I now have Windows 7, and was getting the bad framerates when accidentally running the game in Windows 7 in Vista Compatibility mode (don't remember which service pak for the mode).

I've done some testing and yes, there is a small difference. Not a very huge one but it's definately noticable. Offline .bench... and on training ground.

Thing is. When I turn the compatibility for vista sp2 back on it doesn't become as "bad" as it was from the beginning.. and this puzzles me. After first installing 1.31 without removing the settings I had much lower framerates than I have now when I turn it back on. This suggests that it was something else that happened in the process, that it might not have been the compatibility mode in itself that was the cause of the lower performance but something that was fixed when it was removed..

I have absolutely no idea what though. I can't replicate the lower framerates again.

I noticed disabling the dynamic clocking on ATi cards can bring the FPS to a stable point. like a constant 50fps instead of it jumping between 45~50fps constantly

i reenabled it because i didn't want it sitting at 950/1225 constantly even when idling.

Still learning about ATi cards, havent used one since 2001~2002

I have no problem whatsoever now, I have great performance and since I removed the compatibility settings I haven't dropped below 40 FPS even in the heaviest battles.

The reason I thought about this in the first place was that I had lower performance in 1.31.0 than I had with 1.31.0.46 beta. Now I don't.

I did this fix last night & didn't notice much of a difference. Tonight I messed around with game settings & turned on normal maps, boosted my AA & AF and didn't take a hit at all. Before doing this turing on only normal maps would have brought me down by 10 or more FPS. Basically it only gave me around 3 FPS but it allows me to turn on the eyecandy now. I think it might be because I'm running two cards in crossfire & vista compatablilty wouldn't see the other card.

thanks!

Rev :D

EDIT: Water reflections still absolutely destroys my framerate but I expected that.

Edited by revernd

Don't think that it makes any difference when it comes to crossfire, this game will only use one card no matter what...

Can anyone help me out? I have tried just about eveything, including these fixes and since 1.31 came out, I simply cannot get more then 10FPS!

This is a new machine for me (got it in Feb) and while it's not a gamer machine, 1.30 ran perfect for me compared to this..

Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Can anyone help me out? I have tried just about eveything, including these fixes and since 1.31 came out, I simply cannot get more then 10FPS!

This is a new machine for me (got it in Feb) and while it's not a gamer machine, 1.30 ran perfect for me compared to this..

Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Need to know what hardware you have and what settings you're running.

Need to know what hardware you have and what settings you're running.

Yup, give us more info about your rigg & we can help more.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0