Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

If 1311 installer fails:

40 posts in this topic

If it tells you a newer version is already on the disk and refuses to install let me know. This happened to me with 1.31.1 but may be because I have a bunch of developer crap. I can give instructions on getting around this. #$@$@ Apple documentation @#$@#$.

Its bizarro, worked at the office and not at home.

Go to finder. Pick menu Go->Go To Folder... Enter /var/db

In the folder that comes up go to the /receipts folder, then delete all the files that start with

com.playnet.

To delete you will need your admin password.

I think I learned something new today about installers.

Ahwulf

I tried the auto load, and continued to get a FAILED INSTALL. I did this numerous times with no change. I then did a full download and now I get UNABLE TO LOAD ON DISK DUE TO NEWER VERSION. I am a new Mac owner and am not real savy on deleting files and such. But through my bull dozing around I now no longer have the ability to even try to load the game. I deleted the ICON. DOOOH!

Sorry about that, it worked at the office I assumed it would work everywhere. Can you follow my instructions above? Otherwise I will build a new installer Friday without this issue, now that I known the issue.

I followed your instructions, and "YOU're the MAN". Thanks for your guidance, I'll see ya in France!

Edited by bigdog

Big fail on Mac update. Says installation fails and I should contact the manufacturer. So, here I am contacting the manufacturer. In the meantime, I'm downloading the full installer which should take until tomorrow.

Tried going to the Go Menu, Go to Folder, entered the /var/db folder. The folder displayed did NOT have a /receipts folder.

What do you suggest now?

Thanks!

Are you on OS 10.5? Then its in /Library/Receipts, probably something called WWIIOL.... In 10.6 its hidden in /var/db

The mac update doesn't fail for everyone, it worked for me on the office iMac but not at home. Be fixed tomorrow. I don't know why but I know how to fix it.

This was the first installer in the "new" 10.5 style and it has some requirements not well documented. I have no clue why the office iMac worked.

Running 10.5.8. Opened /Library/Receipts. Found the following files:

wwiiol0001292.pkg

wwiiol12921293.pkg

wwiiol12931300.pkg

wwiiol13001301.pkg

wwiiol13011302.pkg

wwiiol13021303.pkg

Should I delete these?

Thanks!

Running 10.5.8. Opened /Library/Receipts. Found the following files:

wwiiol0001292.pkg

wwiiol12921293.pkg

wwiiol12931300.pkg

wwiiol13001301.pkg

wwiiol13011302.pkg

wwiiol13021303.pkg

Should I delete these?

Thanks!

Yes those are the ones.

Another way to fix it (if you're feeling up to it) is to mount the installer pkg, copy the installer to your hard drive, show the package contents, and edit the info.plist file in Text Edit or another text editor. Change this item to match this:

CFBundleShortVersionString

instead of 1.0.

Then you can run the installer as normal.

I will update the installer today to fix this as well. D'oh!

idk where to find Menu in finder and i tried doing the other way by typing but its a read only so idk what to do

and im running on a MAC OS 10.6.3

Edited by victor242

I'm uploading a new full installer, should be up in 1 hour (12 Noon Central time US). That should work OK if you don't mind a little wait.

The "Go" menu is in the Finder menubar between View and Window, on it at the bottom is "Go To Folder..." item.

Thanks we deleted the wwiiol files and started to reinstall half way through the

installation this error message pops up.

Install Failed

The source media you are installing from is damaged. Try installing from a different copy of the source media or contact the manufacturer for a replacement.

What do you suggest I should do now?

Thank you.

Never seen that before. When did you get the installer? is it the new one (June 11, :48 AM)?

Anyone else get this?

I get both. First I tried with the full installer. Got a message telling me that I can't install 1.31.1 since I already have a newer version.

I also get this message when I chose my Bootcamp Disk (partitioned from the HD). But not when I pick an external drive.

I deleted both the old client and the beta without any change.

I then installed the 1.30.0 and tried the auto-update. When I tried to install it did I get a message telling me the installation failed and that I should contact the developers.

Then did I try your tip Ahwulf. In the /receipts folder did I find to files named

com.playnet.ww2ol-full-installer.plist and

com.playnet.ww2ol-full-installer.bom

I moved these files to the trach can but I can't still not install the full version. I get the same first message above (an newer system already exists).

Neither can I upgrade from 1.31.0 to 1.31.1 since the upgrade installation fails yet again.

I then tried a desperate move. I made a full install on the external HD, which worked. The game launched and loaded up ok. I havn't tried playing yet so I don't know if it will have any impact on the performance or not.

I get both. First I tried with the full installer. Got a message telling me that I can't install 1.31.1 since I already have a newer version.

I also get this message when I chose my Bootcamp Disk (partitioned from the HD). But not when I pick an external drive.

I deleted both the old client and the beta without any change.

I then installed the 1.30.0 and tried the auto-update. When I tried to install it did I get a message telling me the installation failed and that I should contact the developers.

Then did I try your tip Ahwulf. In the /receipts folder did I find to files named

com.playnet.ww2ol-full-installer.plist and

com.playnet.ww2ol-full-installer.bom

I moved these files to the trach can but I can't still not install the full version. I get the same first message above (an newer system already exists).

Neither can I upgrade from 1.31.0 to 1.31.1 since the upgrade installation fails yet again.

I then tried a desperate move. I made a full install on the external HD, which worked. The game launched and loaded up ok. I havn't tried playing yet so I don't know if it will have any impact on the performance or not.

Interesting, I might try that if it works, let me know please thanks.

Welcome to the bizarro land of Apple installers. Only thing more bizarro is the Win7 installer system. Maybe we should abandon installers and go with .zip files.

I have now played a few hours on the client installed on an external HD.

At start didn't I notice and significant difference from when the client is installed on the internal HD.

However, later on did I suffered from major lag due to high numbers of enemy in the area (both ground and air). But it is hard to tell if this was due that there was more enemies in the area then before or not.

FIX!

I was getting the installer failed issue myself.. I have folders inside of my applications which I had moved the program to.

If you have move the program back to the Applications Folder THEN run the update installer then move it back..

Fixed my issue.

Yes its set to only install in the Applications folder, which fixes a different bug. Its all Catch-22. I'd almost rather use a zip file for the full installer (just drag it) and come up with some kind of patch system and punt installers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0