Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

If 1311 installer fails:

40 posts in this topic

Hey im like Bigdog. not all that Mac savy, but im trying to learn. I went to Library but couldnt find a reciept folder. I'll continue to read your tips and Try to follow your instructions. Im still receiving same "contact manufacturer" message with auto updater. I will try dling the full installer now. Thanks

Full installer worked like a charm. However other issues im having likely do to my macs 9400 video card , I cant dumb down most video settings. they stuck at enabled. Most of the game runs ok well enough that is, I seem to be able to fly and drive vehicles. however trying to jump in as a Submachine Infantry closes the game immediatly =(. I've accepted that I need a new system to play this well. but it would be nice if u could squeeze us 256mb video users in somehow. I hate throwing Macs in the garbage. but that anti-upgrade feature really stinks. :mad: Thanks ahead for all your help! DOC and the rest of you, but namely Ahwulf for bein the mac guy :cool:

In game preferences - Game settings - pick best performance button. ALso reduce your game resolution to something less than 1900x1200. Fewer pixels to push means better game play. Make sure your iMac has at least 2GB (4 is better).

The individual pref check boxes is a bizarro bug I haven't been able to find yet.

As to crashing on spawn in that is a cross platform issue which has to be fixed.

Edited by AHWULF

Hi people

Im trying to get the game to work on a G5, will the spec below be able to handle the game ?

I did the auto update a few times and of course that didn't work

Im now downloading the full version from the link provided on this forum

ATI Radeon X1900 XT: video card

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005D.B00

SMC Version: 1.7f10

The full download doesn't do anything now

the browser will not even launch to start the game

what do you suggest ?

Hi people

Im trying to get the game to work on a G5, will the spec below be able to handle the game ?

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

I'm confused, G5 is a powerPC processor and can't run the game at all. It should work on a Macpro Xeon just fine (same Mac I have).

What did you download? Did it install the application? When you run the application what happens? Are you running at least OSX 10.5?

Maybe its not a g5 , i not sure now what it is.

at first the auto update did download the new version from the wwii browser but didnt work

It just tryed to do the auto update again and each time i tried to launch the browser it started the download .

I then downloaded the "Battleground Europe™ Full Install (MAC)" from http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/getting-started/download-the-game

using safari and it did the install ok but when i hit the icon , it just flashes and then nothing. The WWII browser doesn't work anymore .

System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S2167)

Kernel Version: Darwin 8.11.1

Im not sure how to get 10.5 as it is not allowing me to do a auto update of the system software. I will try to get the system updated today .

If you could possibly skype me (ruckrova@hotmail.com) im in Australia so it would be GMt +10 time zone im on skype between 0930 - 1600 each week day

S! ruck,

I think that you need to get a copy of Leopard (10.5) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x).

I think that Snow Leopard should run fine on your machine.

s!

thanks Dog3 and ahwulf

I now have 10.5 installed and i can get the browser working but

the first time the game did start i got to the map screens but when I spawned in the screen went while and froze I had to hit the power ? restart button to get the mac to reboot

the second time it just crashed after hitting the play online button and getting the first load screen .

I will try down scaling the setting and reading the sticky

thanks

Ruck

That CTD happens to random people cross-platform. So far it defies finding.

However that video card is really ancient (ATI Radeon X1900 XT) - I don't know of anyone else who has one. It's possible it might be too old to play 1.31 but the CTDs make it hard to tell if that's a problem.

Thanks for the help

Looks like Im out of the battle on both platforms until i can get both the PC at home and the MAC at work replaced

Good hunting

Ruck

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0