• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evilbill

Authentication Error?

31 posts in this topic

I am getting a message

"Authentication Failed" when I start up the game.

Anyone?

Subscription is active.

EB

I am getting a message

"Authentication Failed" when I start up the game.

Anyone?

Subscription is active.

EB

Am getting this also. Was working fine then logged out to download patch.. installed it and when game server came back up began getting this error.

Have seen others (2) post about this in live game bug report forum as well as myself and now you. I've done all the usual things here (reset my computer, cable modem, router and checked for firewall issues). Running XP here so it's none of the common set program privs things some seem to think is needed with Vista/Win7. Created a ticket in the support system as well. Looks like I'll have to find something else to do this evening.

Now here is a strange one. I decided to click on beta and then "play" instead of campaign and now it's downloading something...I did a new install prior to this. Is this a patch? Let us find out!

im having same prob also, posted 2 minutes after you, ill just hang on your post and let mine die and wait for something

Now here is a strange one. I decided to click on beta and then "play" instead of campaign and now it's downloading something...I did a new install prior to this. Is this a patch? Let us find out!

As far as I know that will simply download the current beta build and allow you to play only on the beta server. But... something is better than nothing. :rolleyes:

Click beta and then play and see if you start to download something. I thought a new install would get me to 1.3.1 but I think it only did 1.3.0

As far as I know that will simply download the current beta build and allow you to play only on the beta server. But... something is better than nothing. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, bummer.

lol

Here's the log file for the auth error...

Wed Dec 31 20:12:28 1969 network election of 2 addresses: 66.28.224.:219ms. 209.144.109.:220ms. Winner: 209.144.109.

Date and time: 6/10/2010 21:31:16

Program compile time: Jun 4 2010 14:22:04

File version: 1, 31, 0, 255

GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2

Authentication failedExited Program: file: ..\..\src\rn\rnmain.cpp, line: 386

I slightly changed the IP addresses for security reasons...

After thinking a bit more about some of the hints others gave here's what I did and it's now working again for me.

I had installed the latest full install after un-installing the previous.

I then downloaded the following and installed it;

http://installers.wwiionline.com/wwiiol13101311.exe

Launched the game and am in now. Maybe coincidence... maybe not. :) But worked for me. Good luck to those sharing in this.

S!

After thinking a bit more about some of the hints others gave here's what I did and it's now working again for me.

Launched the game and am in now. Maybe coincidence... maybe not. :) But worked for me. Good luck to those sharing in this.

S!

That was it...ugh. so simple.

after being away for a year... downloading and installing... and getting a error already i must say that was not a good start for someone who has played since day 1... kind of a turn off i hope they fix this quickly.

revi out

S!

Thanks for that hint. Solved also my prob. But sure, should not be the common method for 'patching'.

S!

The bad part here is that the full install is 0000 -> 1311,

and even includes thatone in the readme information.

But thanks for the workaround fix :)

Hikarr, the Silly Swede

got the same problem here, start the game up and when it starts loading I get authentication error..

Same error as OP, so PC full install ist kaput.

After trying above patch-fix, Campaign server apparently down, maybe coincidence ? beta server looked open, when trying to login it started a new dwl of the full install...

Got Win7 on a new and fast machine.

Yes, after patch with above link, happens before auth error so can't even say if that's fixed by the patching, but above posts seems positive, I hope the server is just down atm, and it's not a generel connection issue after full install+patch...

EDIT, damn say Maintenance now... plz restart servers soon :)

Edited by larsalot

I don't have any indication that the these error messages are anything other than a connection issue. Got one myself from the office yesterday.

You're getting these after you've patched right?

As Ruing posted, use this link to get the patch:

i downloaded the full install and deleted the old version before i installed the new.

tried to login and got the Authentication Error

then i installed 1.31 and updated it with http://installers.wwiionline.com/wwiiol13101311.exe error was gone.

but cant/couldnt get it run with the full install 1.311

Edited by bersi

Same here

Tried running game which started a patch which was 540 odd Meg in Size. Cancelled that. downloaded latest full version from website, uninstalled game resintalled from full copy recieved Auth error. downloaded small patch as advertised earlier in this thread, in and working fine.:D

Hope this helps

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0