Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Blackout while driving Beddy

Chcansub

Driving a Beddy to set up a MSP for a FB on 10 June at approx 2100 hrs -8 hrs GMT, I crossed no-mans land (the wobbly-woops) to get there. Soon after crossing I started to slowly black out and it wasn't due to drinking in real life. I stopped and shut down the engine and the screen came back to normal. That's it.

isn't this a feature? I had a red out driving a beddy through those berms with bushes on, stopped and it all went back to normal.

lol you got our opel blackout bug

lol,

That was my first thought...

Driving my opel straight, then blacking out before I set up.

Thats been here foreverrrrr! :)

its not a bug

for 9 yrs axis have been told its a feature.

suck it up

really?!

I'm sure while driving trucks people black-out all of the time!

c'mon it can only be a few minutes work to fix the code.

c'mon it can only be a few minutes work to fix the code.

You, my friend, are obviously not a programmer...

If it was only a few minutes, I guarantee you it would have been fixed by now...

Edit: Yep, posted this before realizing that the sarcasm blew right past me.

Driving at speed over farm, dunes, rocky or forest terrain and blacking out is expected functionality.

We didn't make any known changes in 1.31 to the behavior in 1.30 other than the truck audit which may have affected this given weights and springs may have changed. Still, that's a side effect of wanting better hill climbing I believe and still expected functionality even though it may be more pronounced now.

Driving at speed over farm, dunes, rocky or forest terrain and blacking out is expected functionality.

We didn't make any known changes in 1.31 to the behavior in 1.30 other than the truck audit which may have affected this given weights and springs may have changed. Still, that's a side effect of wanting better hill climbing I believe and still expected functionality even though it may be more pronounced now.

GOPHUR,

I don't think that this particular one is terrain-related. I had this behavior just before the campaign started while doing runs pulling ATGs to a town from our FB. I made three sorties:

The first, I made ~5 runs back and forth between the FB and town, covering very similar terrain lines with no issue - perhaps 100m deviation max between runs, since the location I was setting up the ATGS was close to the FB. I died when an EI sniped my driver as I was resupplying a tank a little closer into town.

The second sortie, I started blacking out within about 5 seconds of leaving the FB, covering the same terrain I covered 5 times my previous sortie. Even when I tried traveling in first gear, I would black out, and would have to park for 10 seconds or so to regain vision. After waiting a few minutes for things to go back to normal, I despawned, and respawned.

The third sortie, everything was back to normal, once again covering the same ground.

Hopefully there is some useful info in there for you. I, for one, would like to see this bug quashed, although I've only seen it on that one occasion.

Yeah I blacked out also, if the axis had this problem before and the rats changed the code for the beddy then it should be easy to figure out, what did they change change it back

You, my friend, are obviously not a programmer...

If it was only a few minutes, I guarantee you it would have been fixed by now...

Edit: Yep, posted this before realizing that the sarcasm blew right past me.

Actually I am! lol

• 2 weeks later...
GOPHUR,

I don't think that this particular one is terrain-related. I had this behavior just before the campaign started while doing runs pulling ATGs to a town from our FB. I made three sorties:

The first, I made ~5 runs back and forth between the FB and town, covering very similar terrain lines with no issue - perhaps 100m deviation max between runs, since the location I was setting up the ATGS was close to the FB. I died when an EI sniped my driver as I was resupplying a tank a little closer into town.

The second sortie, I started blacking out within about 5 seconds of leaving the FB, covering the same terrain I covered 5 times my previous sortie. Even when I tried traveling in first gear, I would black out, and would have to park for 10 seconds or so to regain vision. After waiting a few minutes for things to go back to normal, I despawned, and respawned.

The third sortie, everything was back to normal, once again covering the same ground.

Hopefully there is some useful info in there for you. I, for one, would like to see this bug quashed, although I've only seen it on that one occasion.

OK that is very odd.

We're looking at this to see what we can improve here. Blackout and redout are pretty deep into the INF and CREW dynamics of g-forces and blood oxygen levels and all what nots.

OK that is very odd.

We're looking at this to see what we can improve here. Blackout and redout are pretty deep into the INF and CREW dynamics of g-forces and blood oxygen levels and all what nots.

Wouldn't it be possible to just disable the effect for all non-plane vehicles?

It's obviously ridiculous for a truck driver or ATG gunner to "black out" from bumpy terrain...

lol i love it when allies got the same bug now, which axis got for years :D

pls dont fix it! would only show that u love allies more :P

btw this "bug" can occur too when a pak or flak is deployed on not even ground, it sometimes starts "hopping" around and then the blackout comes, or if u got stuck between buildings with it.

eh??

so why are so many things so buggy in here then ??

109 flight model ?

uba spit Tier 0 ?

and and and....

oh and btw... keep that opel bug up plz :) now allies can feel that bug on their own... which we had for a very long time.

I black out in real life; its a know bug

drill