Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stalg

New FPS/Freeze problem... quick 1-second freezes.

10 posts in this topic

I'm experiencing a new (for me) problem of small 1-second freezes in the game when everything locks up like you are going to CTHL but then it unfreezes. Happens every 10-seconds or so sometimes.

It shows a FPS of "1" and then goes back to normal.

Anyone know what causes this?

My FPS in general is fluctuating widely now as well.... from 10-120 without even moving!

Strange stuff.:confused:

I've seen this happen on other computers when there is too much crap running in the background. Music download software, different monitoring software, email cliets, all checking for updates or accessing the internet for short bursts.

I've seen this happen on other computers when there is too much crap running in the background. Music download software' date=' different monitoring software, email cliets, all checking for updates or accessing the internet for short bursts.[/quote']

Nothing really going on in the background...certainly not anything more than usual.

sounds dumb but,

try alt/ctl/del to task manager while game is running

then close task manager

observe the game after that

I updated my video driver the other day and had a similar issue. I unistalled the new one and just let windows find one for me which was the previous one and it went away.

Nvidia GTS 250 196.21 driver

I updated my video driver the other day and had a similar issue. I unistalled the new one and just let windows find one for me which was the previous one and it went away.

Nvidia GTS 250 196.21 driver

i hope that aint the driver that makes the fans stop and the card fry..

i hope that aint the driver that makes the fans stop and the card fry..

hehehe i was running that driver for the longest time

Good thing i've got a LCD tachometer/thermistor controller that controls the GPU fan independently.

Not compatible with my new ATi card though :(

Last time i had 5 sec studders, turned out to be a stellar bad a@# virus that took a windows re-install to fix the problem.

can you post your process list?

editing your msconfig can help alot, just goto your start menu and type msconfig (XP goto run, then type msconfig) then navigate to the tab called start up and disable anything that doesn't seem critically important.

you can disable that whole list and the computer will run just fine, but i leave things like my FRAPS and my logitech macros program for my keyboard/mse going.

Edited by indo420

"Since you have a Nvidia card I will go through what I found cured a lot of lockups and increased FPS in most areas for my GTX275.

First in the Nvidia Control panel enabe the advanced options and then change the following for WW2OL.

You can setup a profiel linked to ww2.exe so it will only change the settings when you run the game, other games use all the normal settings.

What I have set

Antistopic Filtering OFF

Antialiasing Gamm Correction OFF

Antialiasing Mode Override any Application Setting

Antialiasing setting 2x

Antialiasing Transparancy OFF

Extension Limit OFF

Multi Display Single Display

Texture Filtering OFF

Texture Filtering Performance

Trilinear Optimization OFF

Thread Optimization ON

Triple Buffering OFF

Finlly not in Profiel is the PhysX GPU which I disabled.

With these settings the look was hardly any different and I had much more stable FPS especially when using zoom or near trees.

In the Game I set everything Low Shadows, Disabled all extra options and thn started turning things back on if it didn't effect performance.

Now most are back on and have Shadows low, min clutter, Normal Maps dsbaled and disabled specular effects.

Finally a big difference in busy areas is visibility limit.

I still have that on highest as seeing players is important, but I know many have set this to medium or low with no major issues.

Next get hold of RivaTuner so you can change clock settings and the fan rate.

I would first go to the Fan control, make it direct control and set it to 100%.

On Automatic my card initialy was getting upto about 90C when I monitored it. Was getting lock ups etc.

Now with fan on 100% it only gets up to about 70C and is a lot more stable.

There si a monitoring option among the rivatuner ou can leave running whilst in game and see what temps you are getting.

You can over clock the chips but it's the heat that will make the system unstable, I try to keep the card about 70C as a maximum.

For myself now on offline I get something like 100FPS but when in game with all the player models it is now a resonable 25-30FPS in most battles and is fairly smooth.

Occasional dips down to 15FPS when it gets very heavy.

WW2 now really stretches your graphics card if you have all settigs up and your CPU when there is lots of players.

Heat is the main issue and using tools such as CoreTemp and RivaTuner you can monitor how hot your system gets.

Hope this helps you or anyone else who has an Nvidia video card and has FPS issues."

I did all this an noticed an improvement, turned off all processes including anti-virus, ran gamebooster and I'm still getting mini-stutters as described in original post, but with the added kicker that TS also stutters! I'm fine when out in the country with no-one near me 180-200 fps, but that drops to 8-30 with all the problems associated and described above. I'm really hoping someone has a solution because combat has basically become impossible. Drivers upto date, 4gig Ram, XP pro, AMD Phenom Black Quad core, 1Gig 9800GTXcard.

I'm experiencing a new (for me) problem of small 1-second freezes in the game when everything locks up like you are going to CTHL but then it unfreezes. Happens every 10-seconds or so sometimes.

It shows a FPS of "1" and then goes back to normal.

Anyone know what causes this?

My FPS in general is fluctuating widely now as well.... from 10-120 without even moving!

Strange stuff.:confused:

Know all about strange stuff, cant get passed a crawl logging in game or moving. No idea why, except I know its not server related cause same thing happens practise offline. Did benchmark and my output pretty high so weird...

Score: 5392 points

Submitted on July 11 2010, 5:31 pm

App Version: Geeks3D_FurMark_v1.8.2_Build_Apr 16 2010_at_10:36:37

Main graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5970

Number of Active GPUs: 1

GPU Clock: 725 MHz

Memory Clock: 1000 MHz

Shader Clock: 0 MHz

Graphics Drivers: Catalyst 10.6 - 8.741-100527a-100948C-ATI 5-27-2010

GPU Temperatures (start/end): not available

Bench Duration: 60 ms

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

MSAA samples: 8

Window Mode: fullscreen

CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz

CPU Speed: 3073 MHz

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit build 7600 No Service Pack

I used to have that with my old system.

Try this:

When you first load the game on, type:

.vcache 0

then spawn a rifleman anywhere and run around for 1 minute checking the fps.

If it doesnt stutter-stop then you can despawn and go play normally.

if it stutter-stops then give it a minute, despawn and respawn.

the game is loading something in memory and you need to let it do so..once its loaded you can play with no prob (unless you exit the game in which case you need to do it all over again).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0