Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KFS1

Squad recruiters: Help them get first blood.

4 posts in this topic

One of the best ways to turn a visiting recruit into a long-term squaddie is to be the folks who get them their first kill...

Players coming into BE from other FPS games can find it a real challenge to 'see' the other guy because their expectation is to have an EI pop out 10 feet away from them, fill a big chunk of their screen and have a color-coded name tag over their head.

A great way to get guys into 4th gear up that particular hill is take them to a friendly defense, have them turn off their icons and try and spot friendlies.

I know they'll be itching to get into combat, but taking just a couple of minutes on this exercise can make a universe of difference: their chances of spotting people without getting shot by them will be greatly increased, and they can watch how other players move and conceal themselves.

2iG9gmFL2hc

I wonder how many takes this video took as KFS1 was repeatedly shot off that roof...

I know that if I saw him perched up on a depot like that, I'd be trying to shoot him down!:D

Probably could use an update to the new graphics, and a re-render in HD so people watching the video even have a chance to see the ei in the scene...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0