Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hg

Dallas Mini Con July 23rd

166 posts in this topic

Lol going to be there' date=' Im local, So its easy for me, See you all tomorrow[/quote']

JULY 23rd!

lol bull, damn right :D

We'll be there with some sweet sweet swag (read: remnants from the goodie closet)

Gonna see if Ramp can get me a list of Texas players I can send an email to.

HG, send me a little write up that I can use.

Do it.

This has the makings of an awsome vacation for me and stugatz count us in. and whats the story of hotels in the area?

Well the thing is that Ratworld is properly speaking in the MidCities, so where you hotel depends on what you are wanting to do.

If you are wanting to just get drunk with the Rats and toddle off to your room, there are a few hotels around, nothing Hilton but decent (and likely not so decent in some cases).

If you are wanting to do the Dallas or Fort Worth thing (hitting stockyards, rodeos, museums, Sixth Floor, clubbing, tour Cowboys Stadium, Six Flags, etc.) you will definitely want to rent a car and may want to be closer to whatever it is you are doing. There is mass transit but it is wired more for commuting then visiting.

I'll be there at least in the evening and be bearing giveaways of Volume 6 of the squad/game project, the game video DVDs!

Working on a "central" hotel, there are several near rat HQ in Bedford so I will work up pricing and location this weekend.

A list of some players I know are coming

Allied CinC Nobipure

Allied DCOS Bulldog

Allied Map God Cosian

Allied lackey: me

Allied Hottie: Wolfie69

Allied former Cinc and Wolfies Squeeze: Kbar

Need more cool Axis guys to throw down ans show upnow that my Axis bro Stafenburg is no longer in the picture ;)

Working on a "central" hotel, there are several near rat HQ in Bedford so I will work up pricing and location this weekend.

A list of some players I know are coming

Allied CinC Nobipure

Allied DCOS Bulldog

Allied Map God Cosian

Allied lackey: me

Allied Hottie: Wolfie69

Allied former Cinc and Wolfies Squeeze: Kbar

Need more cool Axis guys to throw down ans show upnow that my Axis bro Stafenburg is no longer in the picture ;)

I believe theres 1 or 2 13th who might be joining the party, since bulldog posted it on our forums

Oh so were not cool huh.:)

Bump this one! I'm making my plans still, hotel info requested please! I'm ok with where ever Kilemall, downtown, close to rat HQ... Whatever is easier on the planner/coordinator!

updated list (from this thread)

Nobi

Bulldog

Cosian

HG

Kilemall

Wolfie69

Kbar

Burnvktm

Delta68

Stugatz

Moomoocow

Edited by nobipure

I got my time approved off from work. Waiting on approval for Kbars time off then we will book our tickets. We are planning in on flying in Wednesday.

Please let us know hotel info. Also, need to know if we are going to do the golf outing, don't wanna haul the clubs unless we are going to play.

Wolfie

Throw my name on that list too.

Plans now are to fly in Thursday night and get a room close to RAT HQ and go from there. So I'd like thoughts on decent places to stay. Don't need a 5 star or anything, but I dont want to sleep with roaches either.

Ok time to start making plans to get my butt there.

Nice...I know Kbar will be totally thrilled if you come!

Wolfie

I hope so Lex. It'd be a pleasure to shake your hand good sir.

Update Edit:

Booked!

Land Dallas FW, 9:45 Thurday night.

Internet search found a reasonable hotel about two blocks from Rat HQ. Unless something comes up, I'll book there. Figured that location would likely be the central point for activities.

Woot, See you in JULY.

It'll be like in the 60s then right? :)

Edited by Sydney

I hope so Lex. It'd be a pleasure to shake your hand good sir.

Update Edit:

Booked!

Land Dallas FW, 9:45 Thurday night.

Internet search found a reasonable hotel about two blocks from Rat HQ. Unless something comes up, I'll book there. Figured that location would likely be the central point for activities.

Woot, See you in JULY.

It'll be like in the 60s then right? :)

Oh yes...no hotter!

:rolleyes:

I just got confirmation from my managers this afternoon that I can take the time off so Wolfie and I are definitely in for this.

What Hotel are people getting rooms at? Me and Delta68 have not booked any rooms yet... figured we would try and stick with as many others as we could. maybe Axis Vs Allies luggage cart races down the halls at 2am?

Wow, Lex , Kbar and Nobi 3 of the best Allied CinCs ever!

This should be fun !

Found out yesterday that Kbars time off was approved so we will be making our reservations.

Do we need to rent a car? I know we can get a shuttle to the hotels but what about golfing? Is there enough players local attending that will shuttle those who want to play to the course and back?

Thanks for the link to the hotel we will start working on it.

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

Wolfie

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0