Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hg

Dallas Mini Con July 23rd

166 posts in this topic

I don't know that golfing. Me thinks it may too hot for my blood. Tis why I moved to Minnesota from Atlanta 12 years ago. Couldn't stand the heat.

I don't know that golfing. Me thinks it may too hot for my blood. Tis why I moved to Minnesota from Atlanta 12 years ago. Couldn't stand the heat.

What? Minnesota is supposed to have cooler temps than Hotlanta? Absurd post.

Finalizing my tickets right now and I will also book the Townplace by Marriot link that HG posted, unless others are looking at somewhere else they prefer. I'm trying to stay in the same hotel as others so that I may have my *** taxied around!

Nobi

UPDATE: Flights booked Arr DFW Thursday, 22 Jul 6:37pm

Edited by nobipure

What Hotel are people getting rooms at? Me and Delta68 have not booked any rooms yet... figured we would try and stick with as many others as we could. maybe Axis Vs Allies luggage cart races down the halls at 2am?

You know if we tried that someone would just show up in a panhard and ruin it for everyone :P

updated list (from this thread)

Nobi

Bulldog

Cosian

HG

Kilemall

Wolfie69

Kbar

Burnvktm

Delta68

Stugatz

Moomoocow

Sydney

Lexfire

Wildhund

A couple of 13th?

Edited by nobipure

I am hopeing to get my appointments with V.A. and and all the re-hab I am going thru to make sure I can finally get to a mini-con. I should know more next week.

Should be a great time at Buffalo Wild Wings.

http://www.buffalowildwings.com

I know of at least a couple people are bringing some bling to hand out, and for you smokers out there, this may be one of the few bars left in texas with an upstairs smoking area ( I will have some traditional Mini Con cigars :D)

Also if some are staying Saturday (for cheap flight purposes)

we may do a field trip to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison

http://www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com/index.html

They have quite a bit of the WWII hardware we use in this game including:

40mm Bofors

Sherman (Well its now a Super Sherman 50, Israeli Modified, but close enough)

P-40 Warhawk ( French H-81)

Me 109

Spitfire Mk VIII

P47 Thunderbolt ( Oh sorry... thats my wish list )

He-111

C-47

A pretty fun day trip if we get enough interest...

Edited by hg

Kbar has booked our tickets and hotel reservations.

We will arrive Wednesday night @ 6:00 pm and we leave Saturday night @ 7:00 pm.

Still need to hear if we need to rent a car, please let us know.

Wolfie

TopD has his flight and hotel booked.

Right on! Be cool to meet ol TopD. Good stuff.

I am really getting excited about this. So many people that I have wanted to meet for so long...it's finally coming about! Hell yeah.

changed my plans, ill be here for the 23rd.

I can fit 3 others in my car. its also my bday so dont puke in it.

We went ahead and got a car since it sounds like we'll be doing some driving to the links, the bar and maybe even the ER if we play our cards right.

I'm in! I will be flying into DFW Friday at about 9:40AM.

Glad to hear it. I look forward to finally meeting in person.

See you then!

Wolfie

OK guys and gals the Towneplace suites by Marriott are avail across the street from Rat HQ for 69.00 per night looks like nice rooms for a good price.

Here is a link:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dalbt-towneplace-suites-dallas-bedford/

Also go to hotels.com for other Bedford TX Hotels.

See yall soon!

Which one are we going to stay at. And is there a watering hole there

thinking about coming

Love,

3PzG Drill 2FJ XXO

Hmmm Havent been to a mini-con since Casca99, Purge1 and I coordinate the first 2....might have to make a trip out there since I am playing again.

has anybody thought to call the hotel to see if we can get somthing like a CLC rate, we should have enough people

Didn't really look into group rate... didnt think we would have enough rooms ... some are staying at Homewood (smokers), some are staying at the Marriott Suites...

If anyone is interested in golf Friday morning, Wolfie69 and I have a tee time on Friday morning at Texas Star, one of the best public golf courses in texas... Let me know if you are interested.

Didn't really look into group rate... didnt think we would have enough rooms ... some are staying at Homewood (smokers), some are staying at the Marriott Suites...

If anyone is interested in golf Friday morning, Wolfie69 and I have a tee time on Friday morning at Texas Star, one of the best public golf courses in texas... Let me know if you are interested.

me and stugatz are intrested but we're trying to figgure out how to get our clubs down there, toying with the idea of fedexing em to rat HQ with a attention motormouth sticker. As for hotels TownePlace Suites dosen't have smoking rooms? glad i haven't booked our room yet then.

me and stugatz are intrested but we're trying to figgure out how to get our clubs down there' date=' toying with the idea of fedexing em to rat HQ with a attention motormouth sticker. As for hotels TownePlace Suites dosen't have smoking rooms? glad i haven't booked our room yet then.[/quote']

I bet the golf course has golf club rental if you don't want to hassle with FedEx.

Thinking about having KBAR switch our reservations to the smoker rooms/

Wolfie

I bet the golf course has golf club rental if you don't want to hassle with FedEx.

Thinking about having KBAR switch our reservations to the smoker rooms/

Wolfie

If they rent clubs im all for it, but i diddn't see anything on the website about it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0