• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hammered

Anybody running battleground europe on a SSD? If so whats it like?

15 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has got a solid state drive and is running battleground europe on it and what the performance is like compared to a normal sata hard drive or your previous? Looking to buy a new system and wondering if having the game on a single SSD with windows 7 is viable/good idea? What are your thoughts please.

I have it on 2x 160GB Intel X-25 SSDs in RAID 0. It loads fast that's for sure :) But I haven't noticed any improvement in FPS or anything like that, nor did I expect it to.

P-

Faster loadup time, both OS and game. Otherwise nada change.......What was you expecting? After the game loads the HD is irrevelant unless you are running with less than enough ram.

Just been educating myself about SSD's at anandtech since I posted this. Quicker load times would be nice considering how long it takes me to get in the action with my current pos obsolete system. I swear it takes 4minutes. How long does it take you guys to load the game and then load into the game world roughly with these SSD's? And any chance you could please post your system specifications as I'm curious what else your running. Cheers

I got 26 seconds from clicking play on plagate to persona screen.

I7 920 OCed to 3.4ghz

geforce 260gtz

6 gigs ddr3 ram

Win7 64

Edited by OldZeke

lemme see what my time is on a normal SATA 3 drive.

wtf about 37 seconds... no SSD drive

X4 phenom II 955 @ 3.7GHz

Radeon HD 5770 1024MB

4GB DDR3-1600

Windows 7 UL 64bit

lemme see what my time is on a normal SATA 3 drive.

wtf about 37 seconds... no SSD drive

X4 phenom II 955 @ 3.7GHz

Radeon HD 5770 1024MB

4GB DDR3-1600

Windows 7 UL 64bit

Faster oc=faster game load as well Indo.

Faster oc=faster game load as well Indo.

oh well i guess 3.7Ghz would do it then

It's just a plain jane SATA 3/GBps 500GB 7,200RPM 32MB cache seagate drive.

Honestly SSds are still too much money, they'll come down reasonable though and eventualy outdate "normal" HDs.

I just caught one on sale at newegg and had'nt bought a new "toy" in a few weeks so got it.

Where the SSD Will help with Frames is if you use FRAPS.

Hmmmm... Didn't think of that, I should try it out - haven't even thought of using FRAPS since I got the SSDs. I'm also waiting for Intel to come out with RAID drivers that support TRIM... patience.... patience.... like waiting for 1.31

P-

Hmmmm... Didn't think of that, I should try it out - haven't even thought of using FRAPS since I got the SSDs. I'm also waiting for Intel to come out with RAID drivers that support TRIM... patience.... patience.... like waiting for 1.31

P-

basically when FRAPS has a tough times writing to the HDD, your FPS in BE will drop. Better write performance = better FRAPS performance= Less impact from FRAPS running with BE.

Very true hick this is what I was looking at buying one for but the amount of space I require to make/save movies doesn't even make them viable. Previous campaign I used 250gb and that was using growler guncam with no sound. Can't even imagine what it would be like trying to save it in HD with fraps plus sound, which is what i want to do. I bet I wouldn't be able to save a whole lot of footage thats for sure. Then you've got to delete if after every campaign, which if I'm reading right will degrade the SSD ? Better to wait until they become cheaper, bigger & more advanced eh. Although I am tempted to buy a small one just for the operating system. Thanks for replying guys you've helped a lot.

Very true hick this is what I was looking at buying one for but the amount of space I require to make/save movies doesn't even make them viable. Previous campaign I used 250gb and that was using growler guncam with no sound. Can't even imagine what it would be like trying to save it in HD with fraps plus sound' date=' which is what i want to do. I bet I wouldn't be able to save a whole lot of footage thats for sure. Then you've got to delete if after every campaign, which if I'm reading right will degrade the SSD ? Better to wait until they become cheaper, bigger & more advanced eh. Although I am tempted to buy a small one just for the operating system. Thanks for replying guys you've helped a lot.[/quote']

set your processor core affinty for fraps to a core that ww2ol isn't running on and that helps a lot.

like ww2 on core 0 and core 1, and fraps on core 2 and core 3

works great

this is how fraps recorded on old ww2 when the affinty was set

bCxuHvxNd0A

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0