• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroAce

So does the game use two cores or one?

41 posts in this topic

Since there is no definitive (or clear) answer from any of the Rats one can presume CRS don't know either ?

If you mean the original question, I'm waiting on Motor to post one of my replies in the player feedback forum ;-P

If you mean the original question' date=' I'm waiting on Motor to post one of my replies in the player feedback forum ;-P[/quote']

It'll get posted, other stuff took priority.

Since there is no definitive (or clear) answer from any of the Rats one can presume CRS don't know either ?

I think that would be a very bad assumption.

cookies and milk?

She thought there was a spider in her office, but it was just the 'stache :)

She thought there was a spider in her office' date=' but it was just the 'stache :)[/quote']

The stache came off??

If the objects aren't rendered how do you detect surface collisions? If they're not 'visibly' rendered there is still a need to know where all surfaces are to detect the collision. If I shoot over a hill the client still needs to know where impact is registered - That's what I thought KFS1's diagram was indicating.

P-

Collision shapes are very simple and the CPU independantly checks for collision regardless of the direction of any player camera and regardless of the number of polygons in the scene. The server CPU definitively determines if a collision takes place, the client CPU makes a prediction about collisions. If you see a frame rate drop when you turn your camera in a particular direction it is because the GPU is sorting more polygons to determine what is and is not visible, then it renders those shapes and polygons that it determines to be visible.

Sorry that I am contributing to this threads drift OT, but I thought I could help.

well my processor (X4 955) is pegged at 25% usage without affinity set.

setting affinty for multiple cores has no effect, neither does selecting two cores.

It'll hop around between cores, but its still 25% usage or 1/4 of my processing power.

I'll get off my a@# in a bit and connect my secondary monitor, set up my processor gauges and make a youtuber video about it.

Edited by indo420

>> The reason 3 cores are the sweet spot' date=' BE uses 2, the OS and everything else uses the third.[/i']

OS for own purposes used not so many CPU resourses to given to her whole core, unless you planing simultaneously download and zip tons of pixs from internet when play.

But I have one question about current BGE client.

1. When I direct my sight outside (right-about) of big (about 70-100 number or so) battle, fps on my system is 20-40 (depend on other factors).

2. And when I point my look in the middle of the battle being about 300-1000 meters from me, fps decrease down to 12-18 fps (also depend on other factors).

CPU loading in this case - mostly the same. So I had conclusion that bottleneck is not CPU.

In second case, even if between me and battle located big hill, wall, or just buildings and battleground invisible to me - fps still low.

Why BGE client still keeping count falling bodies, shots, tracers and etc, if scene anyway is not visible to me ? CPU loading is not grow up, or grow but not so strong, but videocard's reaction the same like that all battle before me in open and flat place.

Almost any game will always consume all of the cpu (of one core) it can get, so your conclusion is fallacious.

>> The reason 3 cores are the sweet spot' date=' BE uses 2, the OS and everything else uses the third.[/i']

OS for own purposes used not so many CPU resourses to given to her whole core, unless you planing simultaneously download and zip tons of pixs from internet when play.

well if ww2ol is stuck on one core, you would want to devote every cycle you can to the game and not have windows processes sneaking in and stealing cycles.

But I have one question about current BGE client.

1. When I direct my sight outside (right-about) of big (about 70-100 number or so) battle, fps on my system is 20-40 (depend on other factors).

2. And when I point my look in the middle of the battle being about 300-1000 meters from me, fps decrease down to 12-18 fps (also depend on other factors).

CPU loading in this case - mostly the same. So I had conclusion that bottleneck is not CPU.

depends really on the clock speed of your processor, so far the faster your clock speed the higher average fps you'll see (other things like cache, levels of cache and bus speeds make a difference as well) Doesn't matter if your looking at it or not, you'd still need to know that joe just got killed by dan, and bob is moving east away from you.. its pretty much a circle of people being rendered around you.

In second case, even if between me and battle located big hill, wall, or just buildings and battleground invisible to me - fps still low.

Why BGE client still keeping count falling bodies, shots, tracers and etc, if scene anyway is not visible to me ? CPU loading is not grow up, or grow but not so strong, but videocard's reaction the same like that all battle before me in open and flat place.

Well it'd probably suck if you tossed a grenade over a wall and nothing happened because you weren't looking. or the axis player off in the distance couldn't kill you because you decided to turn around when he started shooting at you and walk backwards towards him.

So, if the game will use multiple cores, why is it that when I log on the 'game clock' runs wild, going through the day in big jumps every few seconds? The only way I've found to get the clock to give me real game time (and advance normally) is to shut down one core of my dual core processor.

I assume this means that one of my cores is wasted.

So, if the game will use multiple cores, why is it that when I log on the 'game clock' runs wild, going through the day in big jumps every few seconds? The only way I've found to get the clock to give me real game time (and advance normally) is to shut down one core of my dual core processor.

I assume this means that one of my cores is wasted.

I gather you have an Athlon 64 X2?

Install the AMD Dual Core Optimiser and that problem will be fixed. There's been numerous threads about it.

I gather you have an Athlon 64 X2?

Install the AMD Dual Core Optimiser and that problem will be fixed. There's been numerous threads about it.

that is true.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0