Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Tracers...

SNIPER62

• CORNERED RAT

my own look normal...but everyone elses look like crap. just little lines of white

anyone else experiencing this?

1: it looks like crap

2: its hard to see where they are coming from

I like them. Glad the lasers are gone. The point was so that it was harder to tell where they were coming from.

my own look normal...but everyone elses look like crap. just little lines of white

anyone else experiencing this?

1: it looks like crap

2: its hard to see where they are coming from

I thought thats how they looked in the daytime? How are they at night?

I dont see any tacers from teammates,only see the friend dive and suddenly the enemy plane explode.

Can't see tracers even when ea is shooting me from 200m away behind. I can even see the muzzle flashes on his wings but no tracers.

Can't see tracers even when ea is shooting me from 200m away behind. I can even see the muzzle flashes on his wings but no tracers.

This.

The new tracers are awful. It also makes it really hard to make long shots on EA. I feel really bad for 110 and Bf-109F4 pilots. I prefer the lazers.

This.

The new tracers are awful. It also makes it really hard to make long shots on EA. I feel really bad for 110 and Bf-109F4 pilots. I prefer the lazers.

I was having trouble adjusting

New tracers might be my favorite thing in the new patch. Hated the star wars effect and being able to see tracers 10km+ away,, the new more muted approach feels 'realer' imo

they work from an certain angle. Anything outside that angle and you don't see them as well. If you're shooting then you have the right angle. If you're getting shot at from behind you have the right angle.

I think it's excellent. No more, OMG tracers! and everyone converges.

I already reported that here, in game (.report) and didn't get a single line from the RATs yet.

they work from an certain angle. Anything outside that angle and you don't see them as well. If you're shooting then you have the right angle. If you're getting shot at from behind you have the right angle.

I agree.

Exactly... people's impressions of tracers are that from Hollywood, all bright and shiny. The fact of the matter is during the daytime, they are VERY subdued and very difficult to see unless YOU are the one shooting them

tracers are supposed to work both ways...

People already said this, but: No, they aren't. The tracer material is located on the back of the shell, hence you can't really see it when it's heading for you. (You should see them once they pass by you and are heading away from you though.)

People already said this' date=' but: No, they aren't. The tracer material is located on the back of the shell, hence you can't really see it when it's heading for [i']you. (You should see them once they pass by you and are heading away from you though.)

or at you... usually on the ground it's too late.

I dont see any tacers from teammates' date='only see the friend dive and suddenly the enemy plane explode.[/quote']

Same here.

Everyone is having trouble adjusting to the stupid smoke trails,, Ive watched over 18hrs of real footage of ww2 and never saw any smoke trails passing longer than a few feet.(smoke trails what are they suppose to emulate anyway?) This is not depected black powder days of 1830 ffs)

Tracers were everywhere, and if they are coming to you in low light you can see them. Daytime toward you is a bit more difficult but visable.

Many countrys have green and or white tracers also not just red. But once again this long distance smoke trail is neather real or needed in the game, it blocks out atg rounds, aaa rounds, tank rounds everyone is haveing problems adjusting because you cant tell if you hit anything eaisly as before.

Mussel flash will blind you at night but daytime its subdued to almost non exsistant,, but the game apparentlly does not diffenciate night or day mussle flash from your own weapon,,probaly hard to code maybe..

Modern tracers at least. I'd wager the low light in that video helped with being able to see them as well. I guarantee they aren't that bright in the day time...

I really doubt that tracers have changed much since WWII

have to say I hate the new tracers...

A fix for something I never thought was even broken seems like a waste of coding time that could be used for more worthwhile stuff...like new vehicles, richochets, improved modeling of damage, etc and etc

Forced loadouts of tracers for lmg's I find disturbing also...I would have removed the tracers from my links in R/L if I had to set up like you do in this game. they don't give any benefit to the gunner...for one thing you can't even see them(which is odd...since it's supposed to help you hit targets and not help the enemy to spot you).

Edited by Vampress