Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaelan

Freeeeeeeeze

32 posts in this topic

enter the game and the screen takes 2 minutes to load and then jams. Is even happening in offline mode so its not the connection. Do ou have to run under soime kind of compatability or something?

Edited by kaelan

Try Vista service pack 2 in compatability if you have Windows 7, also check the run as administrator box.

Edited by SGTFURY

Nono, the vista compatibility is not needed with 1.31.

I'd say it's a driver problem. Check and update all drivers to latest, gfx and chipset especially.

Nono, the vista compatibility is not needed with 1.31.

I'd say it's a driver problem. Check and update all drivers to latest, gfx and chipset especially.

Yup, compatability causes program to stop responding, although making it adminstrator gave me acouple of fps. I just reinstalled win7 two days ago, and reinstalled all my drivers, funny thing is, I played for a few hours after install before this started. I cant think of what could cause it as i have nothing on my computer i didnt have before and have been playing flawlessly since upgrade with no admin rights or anything special.

Well enough of that, redownloaded, reinstalled, and took 6 minutes to get to the main screen from start button, so weird. Wasted too much time already. Can't figure it out, almost like I have no ram or memory that the game can access. Frame rate less than 1 fps. DX and video drivers up to date, have no idea why it started doing this.

Does my machine have something to do with it?

Win 7 64

I7 950

6mb ram

ATI 5970

Edited by kaelan

As I said, chipset drivers are also very important.

Are you saying that it didn't do this before and suddenly it started? When did this start in that case, anything special that happened just before?

As I said, chipset drivers are also very important.

Are you saying that it didn't do this before and suddenly it started? When did this start in that case, anything special that happened just before?

Thx for reply Munchkin, what I did was install a new motherboard and reinstall windows 7, same CPU, video card, sound card.

mother board Asus P6X58D-E chipset from March...

Thx for reply Munchkin, what I did was install a new motherboard and reinstall windows 7, same CPU, video card, sound card.

mother board Asus P6X58D-E chipset from March...

Well I cleaned out the registry, 5 entries, reinstalled, went offline and snail, notice one thing, could log in to the units screen and then into the game, took a minute, and then the guy would not move. Also notice when I leave login screen, screen goes black and mouse shoots to upper left corner, it can move from there, screen stays black and then logo screen appears and mouse cursor disappears, the red bar starts across and freezes. If I task manager out, I can see that game has made it to the unit screen so maybe something is going on in the background, if I close task manager everything looks fine, but clicking on a button gets no response for about 10 seconds per click.

No clue; I launched Napoleon total war and everything is fine on max graphics so not sure what is going on

Well, this is a tricky one for sure. Do you have any other OpenGL game to try? You can test Furmark and even run the Heaven 2.1 benchmark in OpenGL mode to see if that's your problem. It still sounds like a driver problem.

I don't know if it's possible to turn one GPU off for your 5970. I know I couldn't when I had a 3870x2. Check if you can do that and try that as well if possible.

If DX based games are working then there isn't anything wrong with your hardware. If the gfx card was faulty it would show in both OpenGL and DX games.

I really don't have any other ideas right now.

I just built a new comp. I'm not having any problems with BE.

Win7 64

Core I5-750

4gig ram

ATI 5750

Tuniq tower 120 Extreme

Before installing BE I installed the latest mboard chipset drivers, ATI drivers, etc...

I also flashed to the latest BIOS (gigabyte).

Since you were running fine for a while after the upgrade, I thought you might have an overheat problem and would have suggested you check your cooling fans and run a core temp program. Also, a memtest.

Maybe roll windows back to a time just before it started will give a clue (I think you can check before rolling back if anything was auto upgraded around the time of the problem). Maybe windows loaded a bad driver???

I know I've seen this error before but can't remember what fixed it (brain fart).

I just built a new comp. I'm not having any problems with BE.

Win7 64

Core I5-750

4gig ram

ATI 5750

Tuniq tower 120 Extreme

Before installing BE I installed the latest mboard chipset drivers, ATI drivers, etc...

I also flashed to the latest BIOS (gigabyte).

Since you were running fine for a while after the upgrade, I thought you might have an overheat problem and would have suggested you check your cooling fans and run a core temp program. Also, a memtest.

Maybe roll windows back to a time just before it started will give a clue (I think you can check before rolling back if anything was auto upgraded around the time of the problem). Maybe windows loaded a bad driver???

I know I've seen this error before but can't remember what fixed it (brain fart).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

THx for help guys, yes this very bazaar, I have been playing fine since patch, only change is motherboard. will try some tests and see what happens, restore not much good cause i reformatted when i installed. Curious about one thing though. Its like the game runs in the back ground while its frozen to me, Sounds weird but if I hit the brigade button to go to map, nothing will happen and it will hang for minutes. However if I hit the brigade button, then bring up task manager I will be at the brigade screen, continuing if I hit the exit game button in top right it will hang for a minute, however if i open task manger it quits to desktop right away....

here is my furmark benchmrk test, full screen at 1920x1200, all options on. Not a tech, cant read results but score looks pretty good for full out...

Score: 5392 points

Submitted on July 11 2010, 5:31 pm

App Version: Geeks3D_FurMark_v1.8.2_Build_Apr 16 2010_at_10:36:37

Main graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5970

Number of Active GPUs: 1

GPU Clock: 725 MHz

Memory Clock: 1000 MHz

Shader Clock: 0 MHz

Graphics Drivers: Catalyst 10.6 - 8.741-100527a-100948C-ATI 5-27-2010

GPU Temperatures (start/end): not available

Bench Duration: 60 ms

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

MSAA samples: 8

Window Mode: fullscreen

CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz

CPU Speed: 3073 MHz

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit build 7600 No Service Pack

The score is a bit low for a 5970 but it's not bad so the OpenGL driver seems to be working.

Then I just have no idea what's the problem. Since other programs and games work there isn't a compatibility problem with the motherboard..

Just thought of something.

Try the game with sound disabled, just for the heck of it.

disabled all sound, no change, enough, reformatting and reinstalling win 7 step by step tonight...

disabled all sound' date=' no change, enough, reformatting and reinstalling win 7 step by step tonight...[/quote']

Complete reinstall of windows, drivers and everything else, absolutely no change, hangs on start, freezes and is incompatibale with my system, even though it worked fine a week ago, all I have done is change mother boards

. Benchmark tests fine and games like total war on max settings flawless.

Do they have a bios dated later than the march one that came with the board? If so, try it. Not sure if it will make any difference but it's worth a try now.

Also, before that, try autotuning the ati board with catalyst software.

Don't think autotuning will make any difference...

However, that suggestion made me think of something.

Perhaps there is a driver glitch that causes the gfx card to not flip over into full 3D speed and still stays on the default 2D speed when ww2 is started. That would explain the extremely slow response.

Try an older set of drivers to see if it works better.

Don't think autotuning will make any difference...

However, that suggestion made me think of something.

Perhaps there is a driver glitch that causes the gfx card to not flip over into full 3D speed and still stays on the default 2D speed when ww2 is started. That would explain the extremely slow response.

Try an older set of drivers to see if it works better.

Well I took Sudden's advise, found a bios from June, flashed it, no change same snailing...

will try a driver switch but have been playing with 10.6 drivers since middle of June no problems. Got to be mother board related I'm thinking as that is my only change...

Yes, I know.. that's why I suggest that you at least try an older driver to see if there's a change. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Well I took Sudden's advise, found a bios from June, flashed it, no change same snailing...

will try a driver switch but have been playing with 10.6 drivers since middle of June no problems. Got to be mother board related I'm thinking as that is my only change...

FIXED! I did a driver rollback to 10.4 from 10.6 and ran the game, no change. Becaused I hadn't uninstalled I went to programs and features, right clicked on Battle and hit repair. It went through a routine and when it finished I got a window stating that the program did not uninstall correctly, with a tab asking if I wanted to do a program compatibility test. When I did the test on the "play online" file it came back - "Issues found Incompatible Application detected". Asked me what compatability I wanted so I clicked on win xp service pack 3. (I didn't pick Vista because I had Vista and couldn't play the game until I upgraded to win 7). Program then asked me to test the application, game started correctly immediately and got to the main screen within a minute, logged in and immediate response from all buttons. Closed the test program, launched game, no problems. Going to find out if i reinstall 10.6 drivers and put the game in xp compatability it will work. Thx for all the help, I'm sure somebody else will need this info eventually. CRS take note...

Edited by kaelan

Glad to hear it's working.

Still bothers me that I can run fine in Win7 64 with no compatibility settings. Just installed and ran it. Will see if I run into the same problem as time goes by.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0