Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Infantry lag kills issues in town #4669

matamor

I fight out of town mostly.

Due to lagdeaths and stutters.

Reduces frustration of getting killed not because of skill, but because of who warps more.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• Lob12

• matamor

• delems

Top Posters In This Topic

Netcode is fubar for 1.31, cant help but noticing it, and it really keeps me of playing the game...doh...

This' date=' for the love of God, this! CPs aren't so bad, but it's almost impossible to defend a bunker if the enemy knows where you're hiding.[/quote']

Exactly. Being killed in a bunker by an enemy that hasn't rendered yet is an issue that completely ruins gameplay. I don't want to go back to 1.30 but fixing this should be priority number 1.

Exactly. Being killed in a bunker by an enemy that hasn't rendered yet is an issue that completely ruins gameplay. I don't want to go back to 1.30 but fixing this should be priority number 1.

This a lot, especially inside bunker. If you know his location, you start shooting by moving behind that wall and poof.

I no longer guard cps, nor attempt to recap cps, nor attempt to capture cps.

You'll find me out in the fields running the perimeter looking for EMS and AA and ATGs.

I can't play the lag phag game as good as they ghey lag phags, so it's out into the countryside.

I kind of like the countryside anyway....

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

it's always been ingame but imo it's more glitched out than ever

example

you in a city running you look at a house window but see nothing there then u see a flash at the window u were looking at and die

the rusher is in the disadvantage here because the sniper is invisible for a second befor the rusher sees him but the sniper saw him soon as he peak hes head out the window

now that lil glitchy part was never in ww2online but it is in 1.31 and completely kills the inf game

lag will always be in onloine games but thats not the lag we use to imo its bugged...

If the lag is really caused by high latency you have to really question how much latency some people have. Sometimes we're talking about multiple seconds between actions in game. In the situation of a person lagging into the building I'm assuming the issue is the time between the attacking player updating position to the server' date=' then the server sending that information to the defender. To actually have 2 or 3 seconds lag before that player is seen entering the room pings would have to be in the thousands! 1 second is 1000 milliseconds, average ping to a US server in smaller games for me is 130m/s. So if I'm storming a CP, and the defender is another Brit I'd expect the delay to be around 300m/s not even close to seconds! My ping in Australian hosted games is more like 200m/s, so half a second latency seems more reasonable, but we're seeing much longer gaps than that.[/quote']

thats just the ping to the server though. the server must then send those packets to the other player and also receive packets from the other player and then send that to you.

but your right though, that still doesnt explain the multiple second delay that happens frequently.

can sme one say ole predictor code......seems to me they ernt back to the ole school code...personally I Luv it!!!

If the lag is really caused by high latency you have to really question how much latency some people have. Sometimes we're talking about multiple seconds between actions in game. In the situation of a person lagging into the building I'm assuming the issue is the time between the attacking player updating position to the server' date=' then the server sending that information to the defender. To actually have 2 or 3 seconds lag before that player is seen entering the room pings would have to be in the thousands! 1 second is 1000 milliseconds, average ping to a US server in smaller games for me is 130m/s. So if I'm storming a CP, and the defender is another Brit I'd expect the delay to be around 300m/s not even close to seconds! My ping in Australian hosted games is more like 200m/s, so half a second latency seems more reasonable, but we're seeing much longer gaps than that.[/quote']

If lag is caused by latency, what happened to the space-time continuum that increased latency so much between 1.30 and 1.31?

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

This getting worse & worse. Predicator code has real issues.... It happens to me at least 5 times again in 3 hours play!

I'm sorry about it gms, you have to understand that many are frustrated like me right now. You need that second sometimes and when you die behind your wall, it breaks your fun.

Until we get a rat explanation and a decent fix, I'll continue to report it everytime I die that second later behind my wall in the attempt that hopefully, something is gonna change or someone gonna talks.

I was in that house earlier, I shot that EI five times in the back with my rifle and even hitted hime 3 times with my knife before he turned and shot me. Then, I saw him die with the deathcam.

I dont understand how he stood alive so long lol.

Happens to me all the time trying to defend CP's and Bunkers. I dont see anything, I die, then in the death cam I see the EI pop around the corner firing. Really kind of annoying. Makes the already boring job of defending CP's even worse.

I know this game has always had problems with this issue and has caused me to stop playing for long periods of time. INF is one of my favorite things to play in this game and its unfortunate that this seems like one of those things we just have to put up with to continue playing. With some of the super high quality PVP infantry games on the market, this issue is a glaring one.

Wouldn't one solution be to increase the bandwidth at RatHQ?

I *know* most people aren't playing this game on a 56k line but that's what it feels like.

only if they are at capacity. i doubt they are as they can probably burst higher than they pay for (data centers and back bone contracts aren't like cable, dsl, t1 or even ds3 contracts). increasing bandwidth doesn't necessarily lower latency though either although it can.

i wonder if they could do a 50/50 system where infantry connect to and function similar to how a shoe box shooter works meaning the server controls everything. infantry are the only units that really need to operate like this planes and tanks work mostly fine the way things are right now.

having everything on the server for the most numerous unit type doesn't scale as well though.

Dude unless you want to either A.) Go back to 1.0 graphics' date=' B.) Pay for a direct wire-in from all player computers to the server. or C.) Personally buy every player a brand new, top-of-the-line PC with all the stuffing, there is no way to fix it.[/quote']

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You don't even know what the problem is, and your solutions show you don't even have a grasp on what solutions might work for what you erroneously *think* the problem is.

Fail upon fail.

motormouth:

sgtchief:

sydney:

irelandeb:

pete, linc & julie:

owilde:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You don't even know what the problem is, and your solutions show you don't even have a grasp on what solutions might work for what you erroneously *think* the problem is.

Fail upon fail.

actually if everyone had a P2P 'home run' connection to their data center things would improve lol. that is of course impossible but it would certainly lower round trip times :D.

Agree this is very frustrating and much worse since the last update or so.

I also don't go in CPs that often, unless the only one there to do it. But, often I don't if I see others coming.

I have changed my infantry play a good deal, maybe even for the better (though still would like to rush people!), but its only cause I know I can't battle one on one anymore.

I've even tried flying, ATG'ng and Tanking a little bit, but none are as fun to me as infantry. (ok, tanks could be close but boring doing all that driving sometimes)

Of all the problems, (concussion, mission pending, etc.) it's being unable to combat one on one and defend cps that is the worst and is the one thing that would ultimately cause me to stop playing.

This problem is a bad one :(

Im a infantry buff, i hate open field combat, lives for the CQC deffending / attacking CP`s

But its so frustrating. Shoot one in the back he turns around and kill you. Empty an entire mag into someone to have them shoot you after wards...

Guarding stairs se one aproatch the stairs next you se hes up and to your right....

(this one might be true or not but feels wierd)

I guarded a place, they attacked i killed the first 2 attackers then suddently the game starts to slow mo and i se a guy come on kinda like stop motion, hes there jump now hes 5 m there, now hes gone, death shows he shot me in the back.....my weapon moved extremly slow, everything was slow and he stop motioned right to me.....that one is the one i have the most problem with....later same day i had the same problem another place, the first attacker no problem...with the second game whent stop motion again.....

I love infantry play, i love clearning buildings, deffend and attack....but after 1½ month of this it kinda get to you....sure kills end up 1-1....i do understand those who dont get pass the trial.....

I will keep playing, but this can ruin a evening of play if it get under your skin...

Edited by ltbear

actually if everyone had a P2P 'home run' connection to their data center things would improve lol. that is of course impossible but it would certainly lower round trip times :D.

The problem is the game code, not ping.

We have the same ping we had with 1.30.

motormouth:

sgtchief:

sydney:

irelandeb:

pete, linc & julie:

owilde:

If lag is caused by latency, what happened to the space-time continuum that increased latency so much between 1.30 and 1.31?

Well exactly, that's what I was trying to say in a round-a -bout manner. I find it hard to believe that the majority of the player base is pinging the server in the thousands. So the issue cannot be explained by "constant is a constant, ***** to Einstein." There must be something screwy going on somewhere.

If a client machine has a lower FPS after the 1.31 patch then it's latency will be higher in total. It's not just network. You have to count how long it takes a machine to process a message due to it's lousy FPS and add that to the network latency to get the complete latency.

How do these threads turn into pissing fests so fast?

Lag issues in town suck, needs fixing, if we can't all agree on that we might as well all be OTers

My favorite was sitting in a cp closet.

Hear an ei coming to get me. Before he appears I start firing. I die. He comes around the corner, his back is to me and hes firing. He dies a few seconds later.

Totally ridiculous at this point. I could live with the dying to someone after you kill them to an extent. Dying to someone before they render is beyond the pale though. Getting shot around corners is just stupid. I don't understand why people who aren't playing on complete **** connections are always the ones at a disadvantage.

Heres an idea, if the server receives notice that you're dead it stops accepting data from you. Or maybe if you're lagging the server makes you stand around like a moron rather than teleporting you to the "correct" location.

Its pretty terrible in the air when people start flying sideways and backwards as well.

I see that my thread was moved out and no rats answered yet. This is common problem. If numbers are low, that's probably the biggest problem so far with 1.31, well with the last update from mid-july.

Maybe I should change my title and put PLANE in it for a better follow up. :mad: