Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Infantry lag kills issues in town #4669

matamor

I think we all understand the limitations of network latency etc., but it would be really nice to get some comment from the Rats on why these issues seem much worse with 1.31 than with 1.30.

Even if it's "I just played them both side by side and ya'll are f****** crazy"

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOPHUR

• Lob12

• matamor

• delems

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all understand the limitations of network latency etc., but it would be really nice to get some comment from the Rats on why these issues seem much worse with 1.31 than with 1.30.

Even if it's "I just played them both side by side and ya'll are f****** crazy"

There's another large thread regarding this problem, with no response from the Rats.

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=331948&page=4

In my opinion, a simple "we're looking at it" or any type of acknowledgement would go a long way. Especially considering the number of players affected.

Regards,

Twig

In my opinion' date=' a simple "we're looking at it" or any type of acknowledgement would go a long way. Especially considering the number of players affected.[/quote']

That would be a first step in the good direction.

It happened again today at least twice. Cold shower on my playtime.

Yep, needs to be looked at, way too much lag now. I have a very fast system with good connection, and still terrible. I like to think it's just the mac coding (mac version always much worse than PC versions) and would love to try the pc version on a fast system.

Just so many things wrong with this game right now, white pants, can't hear satchels placed at FB, can't hear satchels going off at FB, concussion, plane KIA, clicking the Enter World button and nothing, Mission Pending, Axis LMG way too accurate, terrible lag, invisible CP players killing you, etc.

Time to log I guess, not having fun.

I was on the training server at the weekend running 2 accounts on 2 pc's and the time it took for me to see my movement on 1 pc on the other was quite shocking, it was certainly longer than the two pings added together, so it seems it's taking the server or the client code that converts the packets received into movement several tenths of a second to do it's job, that's not good for a game like this.

BUMP! again.

I have it the last weekend in towns (just last night). Sometimes I have dump my SMG charger all over the ei and he still alive. Lag seems isn't noticeable for me -no delay in movements, shots...- :S

---

Good system, poor conection from Spain (about 180/190 ping), but entirely for the game: no AV, p2p, chat...

PS: Plz, excuse my poor English :(

Edited by covi

????? you didnt read the thread of what? we've been saying its worst than ever since 1.31 and then you said "oh we'll have to return to crappy graphics to get rid of it " and I just said I'd rather go back to 1.30 graphics to get rid of this gameplay issue.

I think you're back from a break for 1.31 right? so maybe you didnt notice the drastic change lol

Meh, he never does, most people gave up reading his posts a long time back :-)

My squad has been noticing that while we really try to group up, work on caps together, we can't hit a damn thing inside a building anymore, especially with a rifle. Last nite seemed to be a bit of a breaking point... while one was calling for an inf rally point to storm a cp, most were hanging back or trying to find another way to help. Not because they enjoy sniping, but because they were doing absolutely no good capping.

A few weeks ago, I was in a cp with 5 or 6 others, capping a cp in a crowded part of a town. We all died within a couple seconds of each other, a couple people remarked on TS "was that a grenade?" & similar, no one had seen what got all of us. On despawn, a couple saw a lone ei lmg walking through the building, reloading.

That's not the most scientific analysis, I know, but something's really off with all this these days.

This thread makes me feel better. I was getting really steamed and was about to accuse a couple of people of clipping.

On the other hand, this is awful for gameplay and needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I understand if the Rats are experimenting with prediction code, since it's a major issue for this game. But whatever happened is not working. At least under the old scenario the worst that could happen to a defender was a mutual kill. Now the attacker actually has the advantage even if they enter a room with their back to a waiting and attentive defender. And everyone understood that running up to the edge of cover would make the enemy see you run past it briefly before backtracking. That could be dealt with. But some of the things in this thread suggest that this, too, has been made worse.

On a possibly related note, I've been disconnected from the server a few times, with Netcode 2 failure message followed in about 10 seconds by the game closing. Usually when I try to restart the game I get in... except the lock symbol is up on all nine personas. Now when I finally do get back in, no one else seems to have had a problem, so I know the server didn't actually crash. And my roommate isn't getting any interrruption of his net activities at these times, so it isn't my ISP. This problem is wierd. This problem is new. This problem disturbs the sheep and is therefore unacceptable.

Hope the Rats get this by the throat soon.

- Weiker

^^ this.

It happened to me 4-5 times yesterday during my 4-5 hours gameplay. Each time reported as supposed.

they ain't gunna fix it till they move battles outside towns.

As is, the best way to stay alive is to move in fast enough where the other guy dosen't render till after you kill him.

can't tell you how many times i've seen two people blast each other with a full mag and they both keel over.

/Signed

Infantry game (which SHOULD be 70% of this game) is a joke right now. CQB is non-exsistant.

My last example while guarding a CP... I was upstairs behind the half wall watching the stairs going up. EI runs upstairs and I unload into his back... he runs 3/4 of the way DOWN the stairs, I hear his scream and he dies.... then...wait for it..... I die. I shoot you...you shoot me at its worst :mad:

Since the last minor patch, you run and you get killed .5 - 1 sec later behind your position or a wall. It happens more often inside town cp building. With the death camera and the blood, you can clearly see that you weren't in a position to get killed. I talked to some players and many observed it.

Any fix coming? Thanks.

I have to say I have been noticing this too, quite regularly.

Sometimes the length of time till u die actually makes you believe you were shot through a wall or building.

My favorite was sitting in a cp closet, hear footsteps coming. I die. On my death cam an smg comes around the corner firing the other way, with his back to me. Awesome. He never fired or appeared before I died and when he did appear he was so lagged he wasn't even facing me.

Fix it. It completely ruins the infantry game when people can shoot you around corners without rendering because they have crappy machines/connections. Lag shouldn't be an IWIN button, it should be a disadvantage if anything.

I believe it is much worse since this latest version too. Never really noticed it much before, now I do all the time.

On another note, when I bust FBs and the last satchel goes off and the FB message comes up... well, it used to immediately say 'MSP no longer available', now however, I can count 4 to 5 seconds before that message comes up. So, something is much slower somewhere.

Fb thing has always been so slow half the time if you ask me

The other day I got killed by a guy who was doing a little serpentine run towards me, I was prone and had my rifle pointed at him.

He wasn't warping like 1.30, which was nice.

But then he stopped and went to "crouch" about 20 feet away and I clicked my mouse button and nothing happened, I fell over dead. He hadn't aimed or fired yet.

*THEN* in my death cam he fired a single shot at me.

So he does stuff on his computer, which sends out packets of info, and they arrive at my computer *in a different order*?!?!

Seriously, why would I play this game?

Well, I don't play much anymore, I can tell you that.

Lag-phags exploiting the new netcode problem just as bad as the old netcode problem of warping.

Packets arrive in the wrong order so your computer gets tghe message that you've been killed even before it gets the message that the other guy aimed his weapon, or fired it.

Fix it.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

I had my smg sortie of the campaign in Cochem. However 27 kills in 32 minutes. I seen that ei rifle coming to me 50m, I was in a building from a window, then he stopped, I got him, heard him cry, I went behind that wall that sec after then and I died from him.

Romz, how do you know it is him "lagging" and not you?

"I clicked my mouse button and nothing happened"

Thing is, Romz; that's all on your machine and not on his.

You play the game on your machine, "he" plays it on his.

In the scenario you describe he saw you and shot you - on his machine - before he saw you shoot him on his.

You may only have seen him shoot you, on yours, after you had shot him ... but he saw things the opposite way around.

Why you didn't fire when you clicked is beyond me, but it is not an affect of his lag. If you can see him on your machine while your avatar is alive and you shoot him, regardless of what he is actually doing on his machine, he will die (because your machine will send the relevant death packets to his machine ... via the server).

This is the cause of simu-kills. You shoot him on your machine, while - before he gets the death packets - he shoot you on his. Eventually, you both get the death packets and you both die.

A slow connection does not mean someone gets more kills. You get longer to get the shot away too, because your death packet is slower coming from their game to yours.

Honestly Romz, things are equal. They may not be perfect, but they are equal. Someone getting more time gives you the same amount of extra time too.