• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frantish

Battle of Britain (Adlertag), 70th anniversary event!!

228 posts in this topic

Put me in a fighter first, LW side, no 110 please...if we are out of fighters I can fly any of the bombers.

I'm on the beach but I cannot be a spectator so count me in as Bf.110

Running to the nearest Internet Point to setup my gear :D

!S

I'm on the beach but I cannot be a spectator so count me in as Bf.110

Running to the nearest Internet Point to setup my gear :D

!S

I cant leave this newb alone :D

110c for me pls

!S

Question about RTB: if say we are plinked/damaged bad but manage to rtb and land safe on a friendly af are we allowed to respawn that plane or will it just be that the plane was rtb but no longer capable of combat and you are out of the event?

YES

As long as you can Respawn that same airplane (or reload), then you are good.

Careful you do not accidentally loose the reservation.

To keep it accurate, the RAF should be on alert status...then when the axis are at a historic distance and altitude an alert is broadcast on the allied side to get them to scramble planes.....that way the bombers aren't met near the French coast.

awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

To keep it accurate' date=' the RAF should be on alert status...then when the axis are at a historic distance and altitude an alert is broadcast on the allied side to get them to scramble planes.....that way the bombers aren't met near the French coast.[/quote']

It will be used as a balancing factor. The RAF kept standing patrols, and called up more as needed, and an extra bit of immersion will be scrambling more fighters as the bomber get closer.

FYI range of the Chain Home radar the British developed could see pretty deep into France, and in this case AWS will be accurate for the RAF side.

To keep it accurate' date=' the RAF should be on alert status...then when the axis are at a historic distance and altitude an alert is broadcast on the allied side to get them to scramble planes.....that way the bombers aren't met near the French coast.[/quote']

Don't forget that distances are halved.

The Blen's will have to lift straight away to have a chance of getting their weary rear's up to altitude.

Should be fun and see you all later :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0