• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frantish

Battle of Britain (Adlertag), 70th anniversary event!!

228 posts in this topic

Yeah' date=' they had twice as many spits as we had e4s.[/quote']

There were I think 2 free spit slots as well.

Damn that sucks you only had so little e4s. I scored a 111 (frantish) and 110c (ostwind) and damaged another 111 and 2x109s before another 109 & low ammo forced me below the bombers where I disengaged. Took off again and chased a 109 but he escaped past the no go zone. Was fun and looking forward to the next one. Thanks again for organising Frantish.

victims 3 09s optic jgray ramse888 110 myoptic :) ........ pity thief didnt show up :)

misjudged your e-state, good guns

There were I think 2 free spit slots as well.

Everyone was getting told they couldn't take E4s for some reason.

Thx for organizing the event Frantish it was good fun!, I'd really like to see more of that sort of event, maybe even fighter squad challenges over the channel at high alt, anyways we lost 1 fighter from the spitfire group of 8, we didnt lift the spits until we saw the BB column go yellow, making it to around 22k on first reports of contact with ea somewhere near dover, then it was dashing from furball to furball hunting for 111's until there was nothing left to shoot at, then a leisurely rtb for tea and crumpets! good fight to all involved. S!

Not 1 bullet used. Each at a different point, with help from others, i had a 109 on my 6, manged to shake him off, and happened once more, other then that i was a little bit nervous to go down to 10k :P So i ended up with nothing. Next time, Im going to use all my ammo, and hopefully hit something :cool:

Allies lifted as soon as we did from Vliss, so they were going to be coalt or higher, climbing at the same time while we were still getting our bomber flights organized.

It was fun, but needed to be a little bit more organized.

Edited by Ace

Blens and Hurris only lifted when red squares shown over enemy airfields to go on standing air patrol's but limited on their operational range.

Spits not able to launch until BB line breached.

Everyone was getting told they couldn't take E4s for some reason.

On our side it was so, that all spit positions were assigned. All of those that came had spits. There were some (3?) free spots because people didn't show up, then one guy came and took a spit. For us, the spitfires/hurricanes didn't matter, since hurricanes were allowed to scramble earlier. Thus it wouldn't have mattered if there were 10 more or 10 less spitfires IMO.

For the E4/E1 it was probably more serious.

Blens and Hurris only lifted when red squares shown over enemy airfields to go on standing air patrol's but limited on their operational range.

Spits not able to launch until BB line breached.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Your hurries were climbing while our bombers were still getting organized over the fields.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Your hurries were climbing while our bombers were still getting organized over the fields.

Not going to debate as that was the rules set down for the event quite simply. I believe the intention is Hurris where the standing air patrols and early scramble by sector command. Yes they invariably did get co or better alt in BoB if directed to the right location.

Spits where the cavalry launched once bandit size and location where confirmed.

Was great Frantisch , i only got damages, i was dam also and rtb and relift

I got nothing but it was real fun :)

lifted hurri1 with all others at folkstone and formed with 8-man flight mostly consisting of 56thFG pilots led by hammered

patrolled area around canterbury climbing and was re-vectored east of folkstone to intercept

initial 109 contacts were lone and con-altitutde - my 6 was called on 2 occasions as 09's attempt to close but they break-away as they are outnumbered

radio call of main formation comprising he111's heading west over the water and i close to engage to see approx 12 enemy aircraft

an earyl kill of the day is achieved as i spy a 110 at my 12 and slightly below - i get good hits on right engine and 110 is flamed

maintaining altitude above the gaggle i attempt bounces on more 09's and 110's

much later me and tigger spy 3 109's at 10,000ft over sandwich and i take engine hits and am forced to disengage

RTB

1 kill - 110

5 dmgs - 3 109's and 2 110's

lol @ being a despawner.

Well with the impending bail-out - thats quite a stupid statement, in fact saw it as more of a RPG element to simulate the bailout as I could - was not dead, was not hurt, had broken plane was all that was going down - should I have stayed inside to die like some idiot obeying some game-mechanic to yield a kill for some random reason? (something that only applies to the stat-whores on live server)

No in real life people bailed when possible, and this was a RPG event.

Try not so hard to be a muppet ;)

Edited by Szyporyn

That was a lot of RAF. Made it just in time for the second flight. I got shot down as the first bomber, that's what you get for flying way ahead of the formation.

Ty frantish for organizing the flights.

Flew with Hammered and 56th. Followed the group on a 109 and then when he was certainly SOL, dove in on a 111, got hits but when I came in for a second pass, another person blew off the wing.

Made a 180 and took an off angle head on at another 111 and then came on his six and then blew off Frantish's left wing neting a kill before taking some hits by a 109 and follwed him down and away before RTBing for ammo.

Took off and only made it to 5,000 feet and engaged a 109 E4. Got plenty of hits on him with two other hurri's. Second 109 came in but the other two were on him while I kept on the first 109. Ran out of ammo but he was still flying so stayed on his six. He tried to make it for the coast but called in for backup from Kensith. Flew along side the 109 for a ways unil Kensith came in and after a few passes dispatched Jorvik. In hind sight, I wish I had just followed him out after a good fight, but this is war.:D

RTBed with only one He-111 kill on first sortie.

That was a lot of RAF. Made it just in time for the second flight. I got shot down as the first bomber, that's what you get for flying way ahead of the formation.

Ty frantish for organizing the flights.

Thanks for being a decoy! ;)

Unfortunately, after I became head of formation, I had a bunch of Hurris on me!! LOL.

No, really, I am very happy you made it. :D

Flew with Hammered and 56th. Followed the group on a 109 and then when he was certainly SOL, dove in on a 111, got hits but when I came in for a second pass, another person blew off the wing.

Made a 180 and took an off angle head on at another 111 and then came on his six and then blew off Frantish's left wing neting a kill before taking some hits by a 109 and follwed him down and away before RTBing for ammo.

Took off and only made it to 5,000 feet and engaged a 109 E4. Got plenty of hits on him with two other hurri's. Second 109 came in but the other two were on him while I kept on the first 109. Ran out of ammo but he was still flying so stayed on his six. He tried to make it for the coast but called in for backup from Kensith. Flew along side the 109 for a ways unil Kensith came in and after a few passes dispatched Jorvik. In hind sight, I wish I had just followed him out after a good fight, but this is war.:D

RTBed with only one He-111 kill on first sortie.

Nice pass.

You and half the RAF was on my 6, each Hurri popping up closer then last!

It was like playing Wack-A-Mole with a wet noodle!!!

Nice pass.

You and half the RAF was on my 6, each Hurri popping up closer then last!

It was like playing Wack-A-Mole with a wet noodle!!!

I almost couldn't get on you. Came in a stuch an awkward angle that I nearly over shot after my head-on. Somehow maged to get close on your six and take off your wing before I collieded with you.

I almost couldn't get on you. Came in a stuch an awkward angle that I nearly over shot after my head-on. Somehow maged to get close on your six and take off your wing before I collieded with you.

You blow up or bounce off? I did see/hear anything.

You blow up or bounce off? I did see/hear anything.

Ah, it was a mistype, I ALMOST collided with you. Came within a few meters though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0