Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zehive

My PC is crapping all over itself

16 posts in this topic

I'm getting 0x000000F4 (0xRANDOMCRAP, 0xRANDOMCRAP ect..) BSODs 10-15 or more minutes after startup. I've no clue whats causing this, lately my computer has been getting stuttery and now its plagued by this. Any solutions par a new hard drive or some crap?

just download more RAM, but seriously I'd hit up the support forums or another websites help forums.

OT will help nothing

my video card is dead and I just had to delete my partition and reformat/reinstall windows. But I sure as hell did not come to OT for help.

before you spend any real money, try blowing out the cpu and cpu fan. i know i was getting a lot of BSOD, and after looking at the CPU realized it was loaded with dirt. After blowing that out, the problems went away. A few years ago, I also had a similar problem, and it turned out to be a bad cable from the MB to the HDD. This cable:

adding-a-hard-drive-4a.jpg

before you spend any real money, try blowing out the cpu and cpu fan. i know i was getting a lot of BSOD, and after looking at the CPU realized it was loaded with dirt. After blowing that out, the problems went away. A few years ago, I also had a similar problem, and it turned out to be a bad cable from the MB to the HDD. This cable:

adding-a-hard-drive-4a.jpg

meh, going to a tech forum, wrote the full error down while i could. OT wont say anything but moar ram buuut: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x89FBC9F0, 0x89FBCB64, 0X805D2954)

edit: 'meh' as in i sat infront of my computer case-side open with two fans on it and a air filter right next to it, while blowing into the case in such a manner that would make moxin proud.

Edited by zehive

effing lol. turns out theres a 90 percent chance it IS my RAM!

and omg why did this get moved. I put this in OT for a reason. Put a typewriting in a room with a thousand monkies, one of them will eventually write shakespeare..

If it is faulty ram' date=' Memtest86 should find it. Download this, burn it to a CD and run overnight: http://www.memtest.org/

You should also try downloading the LinX stress test and make sure it will run for many hours without an error. That'll stress your CPU etc and make sure it's holding up.

Finally, for the graphics card there's FurMark that stresses your GPU.

Make sure all 3 of these can run for *a long time* without errors or crashes, and monitor CPU and GPU temperatures. This'll help track down which of the subsystems are causing the crash, if it's indeed hardware related.

Do any other games crash?

computer wont even completely boot, tried to reformat finally by booting from a disc and it just told me C:/ was corrupt.

computer wont even completely boot' date=' tried to reformat finally by booting from a disc and it just told me C:/ was corrupt.[/quote']

how many hard drives do you have?

if its pretty new then you could probably get a new style hard drive (SATA) and if it turns out your computer is crap, then you can just install that into a new computer or you've got a new drive for the old computer

but if you already have a 2nd hard drive, try installing windows onto that one and see if it boots..

Can you boot from a CD disc?

how many hard drives do you have?

if its pretty new then you could probably get a new style hard drive (SATA) and if it turns out your computer is crap, then you can just install that into a new computer or you've got a new drive for the old computer

but if you already have a 2nd hard drive, try installing windows onto that one and see if it boots..

Can you boot from a CD disc?

only have C drive, its 5 yearrrssss old. tried booting from disc and formating from there or just plain booting, formatting told me the drive was too corrupt (derp?) and i just get blue screened when booting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0