• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bates17

so before my subscribtion runs out ill give this one more shot

9 posts in this topic

This has to be my 4th or 5th post on this forum regarding this issue and everytime no answer has even been posted and it just falls into the nether.

Ever since 1.31 I CTD after 5 minutes of gameplay, ive tried everything,

New drivers

clicking the "i have a bad pc" option even tho i dont -_-

lowering settings

re installing the patch

re installing the whole game

changing combaitability mode

and numerous other suggestions, nothing has worked, i dont really know what else i can provide infomation wise, just that basically i will ctd between 5 and 45 minutes of game play, no error message, no freeze, just straight to desktop, any reccommendations at all?

PC specs

Win 7 64bit

Q6600 oc'd at 3ghz (yes i have removed my oc, did nothing)

4gb DDR2 ram

8800 GTX in sli (i have also tried removing the sli)

850w thermaltake toughpower power supply

artic freezer 7 pro cpu fan

numerous other fans

500gb samsung spinpoint HDD

cant think of anything else ull need to know, if there is anything else let me know

please some bright person help me i cant stand not playing this game but i equally cant stand driving a tank for 15 minutes, finding a enemy and CTD 30 seconds into the engagment

I had the same problems with Vista, which i still have and the ctd was due to windows power saving mode, switch off everything in windows which has to do with power management, even the screen saver. It worked for me.

You have something running in the background causing this. Here http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html see if this helps. With 4 gigs of RAM its hard to believe that the RAM is loading up thus crashing to desktop but it may be.

Video drivers OK? Can you recreate bug in other games? And DirectX issues? You dont by mistake have the "back to windows" key keymapped do you?

Do you have a strong enough power unit in the box?

Do you open up event viewer and see error logs?

1. Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then

double-clicking Event Viewer.* If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Click an event log in the left pane.

3. Double-click an event to view the details of the event.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

I'd be willing to bet the problem is either Vidcard related or caused by a program running in background. Here http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner check your heat buildup during gameing.

Edited by usaf77

what motherboard do you have?

I used to have a evga Nforce 750i mobo, I replaced everything but it and still had the issue, got me a gigabyte ep-45 UD3R mobo and all the problems went away.

i will ctd between 5 and 45 minutes of game play' date=' no error message, no freeze, just straight to desktop, any reccommendations at all?[/quote']

Does "no error message" mean you're not getting a crash log file either? (Look for the WW2_Log or WWIIOL files in the Battleground Europe folder of your Documents folder.)

I only asked because you more or less said you'd tried everything, my point was that there's always some other thing to try.

First I'd make sure ALL drivers are up to date. Chipset, Gfx, Sound and any other hardware driver. Then as gibbo suggested, turn off everything related to power saving and such. Even though it shouldn't cause problems it might. There's a lot of things that shouldn't happen that do anyway.

Do you have GFX set up to run on your video card or processor?

(It's in Nvdia Control Panel, along with the SLi settings).

Make sure it is running on the processor, I got crashes in WWIIOL when I tried to enable it on the gfx cards.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0