Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Halloween Eve Event "Clash of the Titans"

119 posts in this topic

"Clash of the Titans"

Dedicated to the Tankers of the game ........

Hello everyone,

I really have not done anything Dedicated to the Tankers of the game. So we are going to do a Tanks only Special Event. I have found a grid that has rolling hills that a Tank can duck in and out of and use the terrain as cover as they fight the opposing team trying to kill the enemy tanks and "Control" the designated area and claim Victory for their side.

The Object of the "Clash of the Titans" will be to stay alive and Destroy all of the Enemies Tanks and "Control" the designated area in the center of the combat grid to achieve victory. Axis will start in Prum and the Allies will start in Vianden. Half way between each sides starting point will be a CRS Member (Myself most likely) in the Skull marking the point on the map that you need to Control and Occupy to Win when the time expires in this "Clash of the Titans" Special Event for the Tankers of WWIIOL Battleground Europe

You can choose any tank you like to fight in. Numbers need to be as Even as we can get them. If the Number for one side become to uneven, I will ask players signing up to choose the side thats lacking players so we can balance them as much as possible.

We will need a Commander for each side, so if you'd like to Command the Allied or Axis tank forces please request a command position when you sign up for this Event in the Special Events Forums in the "Clash of the Titans" thread posted there.

This Event will take place on Halloween Eve on October 30th. The time of the Event will begin at 5:00 pm Central Texas Time. Consult http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ for the time in your area that conisides with 5:00 pm Central USA time.

Selecting a Heavy Tank may not be the best choice for this Event. Remember, your fighting in a rolling hills combat zone and you'll need a BALANCED fighting force of armor, which means you'll need some of the lighter faster and medium armor in your combat force to be Mobile and be able to out maneuver and flank your enemy in this rolling hills terrain.

The Battlefield Map

ClashoftheTitiansBattlefieldMap.jpg

Edited by MOTORMOUTH

Allied Forces ....

Commander -

1) Oswald

2) Allibone

3) Calwatta

4) Ironduke

5) Spd

6) Solono

7) Leonidas

8) Maxminus

9) Xjaegerx

10) Liluh

11) Slam34

12) Shane21

13) Rusmax

14) Chieftom

15) D0lphin

16) Gnpatton

17) Dojapro

18) Lexfire

19) Ranger9000

20) Ltsquirt

21) Skyfire

22) Dm79

23) Mimbreno

24) Hairogg

25) Gridiron

26) Deman81

Axis Forces .....

Commander -

1) Aj1874

2) Cobray

3) Sugabearto

4) Peppito

5) Zeroace

6) Sgtnick

7) Gladio

8) Jonesz

9) Diablo85

10) Glock45

11) Harry30000

12) Vontiel

13) Hinfood

14) Raby

15) Garby

16) Totvald

17) Keans

18) Clon9cz

19) Matejcz

20) Stopiv

21) Itsbrad

22) Noda503

23) Dario

24) Irishflyer

25) Swdsman

Either Side

1) Christianr

2) Firefly7

3)

4)

5)

Edited by JAMMYMAN

Sounds good, count me in Jam.

Can I be in a Vickers? Won't kill anything, but maybe I can hide to the end!!

;)

EDIT: BTW its titan lol

Edited by Oswald

Yes really nice, Tankbattles, i love Tankbattles :D.

All tankers allowed ! Sounds really good with 10 different groups of it !

:D:D:D

Few things and thanks for doing this Jam, the axis it out range all the allied tanks on that open speed grass, what's stopping all the axis taking tigers, and all the allies taking sherm76s?

Count me in as Allied, just watched Greatest Tank battles of WW2: Kursk, last night so this sounds like hella fun!!!

Count me in aswell and I will go on either side. Preferably allied though as Im far more used to our AFV's.

Stuart, or CRU MKIII

Edited by calwatta

Dosnt this happen during intermission anyway? as someone else stated whats to stop everyone going for tigers and sherm76?

No infantry? no Air? Sounds like pure fun.

Count me in on Axis with a Pz38T baby. Or allied with a Crusader MkIII I'll smoke most medium and light tanks. Maybe a few heavys ;)

The spot on the map chosen is wonderfull lots of hills and mor importantly LOTS OF VALLEYS! low slung tanks will have adv here i think. Speed will be key.

Edited by sugabearto
Went to training and checked out the terrain

Dosnt this happen during intermission anyway? as someone else stated whats to stop everyone going for tigers and sherm76?

This is rolling country fighting and with the distances you must travel you will not be able to CAMP the other team with you Titan Tank .... So no, this is not like Intermission :D

You can Choose what ever tank you like, if you want a big slow heavy, thats your choice, for me Personally, if i were playing, i'd take one that had some speed in the terrain especially since it's a timed event and you must CONTROL the objective area .... but thats just me and you have the same Option as i do to choose what ever tank you think will help you Win the event for your TEAM.

I'm up for this. Preferably on Allies side as I've never played on Axis so am unfamiliar with their toys.

Sounds like great fun will be had by all.

Its in the middle of a huge open field? How is allied every gonna win this?

1 tiger will pick off all the allied tanks.

Seriously move the location because this one is bad.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0