Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrAnit

Trouble loasing in W7

7 posts in this topic

Loaded W7, downlaoded game and installed no problem.Start game, log in no problem. As soon as I hit 'play', screen flashes and the program quits to desktop.

Any idea of what is wrong and how to fix?

Try the following...

In Windows 7:

- Set the Game executables to:

-- Run As Administrator

-- Compatibility mode set to Vista (currently needed for mouse functioning)

Do not run in compatibility.

The game will not load on the windows provided vid driver, update your vid driver.

Yep.

Don't trust the default windows drivers. Get the latest drivers from manufacturers. Motherboard/Chipset, Graphics and sound. Those are VITAL.

The default drivers that come from Microsoft are good enough for web browsing and office applications... not for games, video and real sound experiences.

Try putting game in different folder then "programs". I run mine, and all my games, our of C-drive/games. "Games" is the folder I created in "C".

this is the exact problem i am having and nothing i can find fixes it - i just updated every damned driver, clean installed the game, etc.

Yep.

Don't trust the default windows drivers. Get the latest drivers from manufacturers. Motherboard/Chipset, Graphics and sound. Those are VITAL.

The default drivers that come from Microsoft are good enough for web browsing and office applications... not for games, video and real sound experiences.

This was the problem. Thanks for the fix!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0