Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lutorm

Game doesn't start with 3x1 monitors in portrait mode

7 posts in this topic

I just got my Eyefinity set up, with 3x24" monitors and a 5870. I first tried with the monitors in landscape mode and BE started ok. With such a wide screen, the display is so distorted at the edges that I thought I'd try running them in portrait instead, to get more resolution. However, the game doesn't start at all, it just flashes the screen and nothing happens. Nothing in the log files, either.

Has anyone successfully tried running BE with this setup? The resolution, including bezel compensation, is 3926x1920.

I seem to remember that portrait mode doesn't work...

But I haven't tried it.

not to mention the fact that that res really isn't any better than a single big 16:9 setup. ;-)

I seem to remember that portrait mode doesn't work...

But I haven't tried it.

not to mention the fact that that res really isn't any better than a single big 16:9 setup. ;-)

Yeah, it seems to be whether Windows thinks the display is in portrait or landscape mode that makes the difference. In the win7 resolution control panel, it calls this "portrait" presumably because the individual displays are rotated. If I switch to "landscape", I get the equivalent of having 3 monitors stacked on top of each other (on its side, of course) with a resolution of 1920x3600. But BE will happily run with that resolution, although the UI is totally messed up and the view unplayably narrow... I wish it looked at the number of pixels instead of at "portrait" or "horizontal".

As to "better", the resolution is definitely better. The FOV is not much wider, but it should be a lot easier to pick out the attitude of enemy planes to find other units with 3x more pixels...

Man this sucks...I just went to all the trouble to set up my displays and now I find it will not run like this.

I also bought a stereoscopic laptop only to find ww2 does not run support that either.

Man this sucks...I just went to all the trouble to set up my displays and now I find it will not run like this.

I also bought a stereoscopic laptop only to find ww2 does not run support that either.

welcome to ww2ol for the past 10 years!

it's a celebration!

I'm been using LCD shutter shades since err around 2005. most every game BUT ww2ol works with 3d. GTA:SA is a really good one (check out www.sa-mp.com) that works in 3d mode.

ww2ol did indeed work with 3d glasses for awhile. somewheres around 1.17'ish something changed and it hasn't worked since. FYI with my glasses (and probably your laptop) if you switch it on while in game driving a tank, your camera will for some reason be outside the tank. same with planes, its outside to the left looking off at a angle.

no eyefinity portrait mode here but i'm using two CRT monitors as my sides so that mode won't work for me physically.. lol but normal eyefinity works (used to be able to change the FOV as well)

lol i hope the 10th anniversary present is fixing all the graphical issues and adding multi core support.. but probably not. i'm assuming it'll be a gimmick type deal about paratrooping dogs or rocket launchers :P

Duke nuke 'em will support eyefinity

Edited by indo420

Yea I remember using 3d glasses why back when....the game looked really cool like that. But now of course it won't work.

The portrait mode it would seem should be a easy fix. I dont have a clue were to look but there has to be a config file or something one could tweak.

This game takes a lot of patience to stick with that is for sure.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0