• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonesz

Subscription (non-plan rate) being raised to $17.99

174 posts in this topic

Discuss the fact that it sucks cause it does.

It's one 12-pack a month for unlimited entertainment...

Why was this moved to support? That's a little goofy.

Orders from on high.

Doesn't belong in OT, Barracks, Hangar, etc, so by default these threads live here.

I saw 12 month Easy Pay and I humped it like the discount whore I am. I don't mind locking myself in for the long haul with this amazing game, doing discount contract deal was smart on behalf of whoever came up with it.

And I did it all to pay for MM's sammiches.

Edited by Solono

Excellent.

Actually, no. It completely sucks. Where is my pink hawk livery that comes with the yearly plan?

The 12 month pre-pay = $10.83 a month (but you pay for 12 at once).

What else ya gonna do for 10 bucks and change a month? :)

I prefer monthly subscriptions, so I'm not very excited about this.

But if CRS wanted feedback about this they probably wouldn't have moved the thread here in the first place.

I prefer monthly subscriptions' date=' so I'm not very excited about this. [/quote']

Look at the Easy Pay stuff, it's monthly.

I usually prefer monthly subscriptions, as past experience with internet outage has taught me to be somewhat careful with pay in advance plans. However, since I have not had even a hiccup for some time, I have taken the 3 month pre-pay.

Still, this raise is interesting, I assume it is in the interest of funding the next developmental stage? Though I can understand the need to procure additional funding, I'm not sure a $3 raise is going to help the player base of what already amounts to a niche game.

But, supporting business is what keeps people employed, fed, etc... money that goes to CRS goes to salaries, pays the bills that result in other people keeping their jobs and supports other companies that are in partnership with them.

I'm waiting for the diamond encrusted special deluxe box edition.... :)

Ouch .....thats pretty steep

Not saying I cant afford it but watching everything from chips and beer and gas skyrocket I think that alot of people will

A) be outta the fight cause they need food stead of this game (even though the best pvp fps out there its still not perfect if it was I give you 20 a month)

B) I dont know what other pay to play games charge this much seems out of pace with the rest of them in my opinion

C) The trend in online gaming is free 2 play (most are not really but some are) in a market saturated in mmorpgs and more coming out the steep charge will have some of us trying other games

Being that this is a one of a kind game I see charging more (needs to be fixed alot more if you wanna go 3 buck increase this aint gasoline we talking about here)

With that said its also a niche game that probably lost 1/3rd the playerbase @ the very least when CRS went live with 1.31/ragdoll .....I dont think trying to make up that money on those that have stayed is a good policy

I say this with no bad intentions just in hopes that you reconsider before chasing any more payers .....I mean players away as game cant stand much more of that

Yeah' date=' that would be getting the money from the more well off part of our community.. This SCREWS THE POORER week to week PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY if you look at it.[/quote']

"12 month Easy Pay -

You have selected the Easy Pay rate of $12.99USD per month. The term of this plan is 12 months. If you currently have an active subscription, this new plan will become effective on your next billing date."

Allow me to explain why the Rats are damn smart for adopting three types of plans.

Pre-pay/Builder: Get all money upfront, if player quits, you still have a majority of playtime money that would accrue over the timeframe.

Month-to-month: Volatile, player could quit at any time and you're out an active subscription. Most to lose least to gain.

Easy Pay: Contract deal. Longer the term, the more of a discount you get per month, also a larger penalty for unsubscribing before contract period is up. Long overdue for this game because this not only gives the player incentive to cool down instead of rage unsub or use unsubbing as an excuse/weapon to hurt CRS, it allows CRS to recoup some losses from that subscriber in the event they do unsub before the contract is up.

CRS, in terms of financials, with the new payment options and the raise in month-to-month is nothing short of a home run idea on their part. You get all the options in the world and CRS has minimized the damages it takes from unsubbers.

If I was CRS, I would have chopped month-to-month entirely and grandfathered all the month-to-month players into the 3-month Easy Pay and let them decide for themselves whether to switch to pre-pay or another month-to-month or stay.

Edited by Solono

Whatever it is don't tell anyone ;)

Erik

You know what? Ok, I can understand it and accept it. This game has cost $14.99/mo for how many years? Even if it's only been the last 5, they are making 15% less now per sub than they were 5 years ago. And iirc, the monthly sub has always been $15. So really, a $t/mo increase after 8 years or so? Ok, I can live with that. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than booze.

Not many human beings would agree with this jerk. Wish their kind weren't with us..

So people trying to make a living are jerks and allow options if you don't like it. Like with all things in life come consequences, you can continue month-to-month for a extremely minor increase or go another route. Jerks don't offer options, pure monetary greed works only for the bottom line and doesn't allow flexibility.

Yeah the health insurance companies were damn smart for dropping children from their coverage for financial gain.

Not even in the same universe of comparison.

They should also be hung.

Ironic, you are for emotional attachments to things yet you take the most extreme end as a viable option toward the elimination of a flexible and safer payment plan for the developer and people who support it because you disagree? Such a stance is no better than the other extreme you condemn.

This is an insult and outrageous.

Get on a contract with any service provider (Especially cell phones) and watch what happens when you terminate early. You'll be begging for the Playnet fees in no time.

I want to proceed with the terms I presently have. I pay up front each month and I decide if I want to continue.

And that is your choice, you also pay $2 extra per month for that choice. Which is a downright steal compared to similar services.

Cheep thai hookers zeke...Cheep thai hookers.

I was already doing the one year plan so it is almost like I was a prophet or something. I preemptively locked into the awesome.

Inflation sucks but part of a free market economy.

Will look at pre-pay but the way the USD is going I will might get it cheaper anyway.

BTW this game is a nice 6 pack of beer a month. Boags or Coopers but still worth it. Better for my waist line as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0