Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonesz

Subscription (non-plan rate) being raised to $17.99

174 posts in this topic

lol in two minds here...

on the one hand I hate paying more... as most people do- it's just natural lol....

but on the other it's what... $3 extra... for the pay monthly.... thats.... £1.91 in £ sterling... ok thats not that much.... and tbh for something like £11.40 a month I can play this makes it worth paying

If it means that my extra £2 a month keeps this game running, and gets me more sheep in game ( and some of MM's sammiches) then here it is.... *gives money*

I tell ya.. if they would hit that level where COD meets wwiiol and the community grows with it then we would have a game wich is worth alot. Getting there requires cash so whilst politicians f'up our valuta prices are bound to go up. CRS should definitly not be an exception unless the chinese market pays off bigtime.

I tell ya.. if they would hit that level where COD meets wwiiol and the community grows with it then we would have a game wich is worth alot. Getting there requires cash so whilst politicians f'up our valuta prices are bound to go up. CRS should definitly not be an exception unless the chinese market pays off bigtime.

This game is not going to be worth this much money, if it even is now. There are alternatives and the whole idea that this has something unique is based upon aspects of the game which are constantly DOWNGRADED.. I just don't see how the hell that makes any sense..

I'll be honest I am starting to hate the fact that the long term sub is so much cheaper then the month by month pay.

In an effort to manage increasing costs and better plan our cash flow forecasting, we designed the Pre-Pay and Easy Pay plans.

Our new Easy Pay plans offer new options for players who want to pay monthly- not everyone likes pre-paying for something.

Anyone who is currently paying monthly can lock in at $14.99 by choosing the 6 month Easy Pay plan. You still pay monthly and your price stays the same.

The 12-month Easy Pay plan actually LOWERS the monthly price to $12.99.

Are there cancellation penalties for early termination? Yes. We designed them to be reasonable but the benefit we have from being able to forecast cash flow from players on the Easy Pay plan is erased if you can cancel anytime.

We're offering a lower price point (far lower on pre-pay) to players and in exchange, we get to plan accordingly for the revenue- for salaries, contractors, operations and hard costs like server hosting and bandwidth.

If someone isn't sure if they like the game enough to hang around for 6 or 12 months then they have the no-plan rate to fall back on.

We hope that all our longtime players will see the value in Pre-Pay and Easy-Pay discounts and the benefit to CRS in having a better handle on how we can plan for resource needs.

In conjunction with these new plans we've eleminated the need for a credit card to sign up for a trial. We also have changes underway on how a trial works.

All of these things are an effort to grow the subscriber base and give CRS better management over our cash forecasting. We hope you will support these inititatives.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/accounts

alloffers.gif

Edited by RAFTER

"12 month Easy Pay -

You have selected the Easy Pay rate of $12.99USD per month. The term of this plan is 12 months. If you currently have an active subscription, this new plan will become effective on your next billing date."

Allow me to explain why the Rats are damn smart for adopting three types of plans.

Pre-pay/Builder: Get all money upfront, if player quits, you still have a majority of playtime money that would accrue over the timeframe.

Month-to-month: Volatile, player could quit at any time and you're out an active subscription. Most to lose least to gain.

Easy Pay: Contract deal. Longer the term, the more of a discount you get per month, also a larger penalty for unsubscribing before contract period is up. Long overdue for this game because this not only gives the player incentive to cool down instead of rage unsub or use unsubbing as an excuse/weapon to hurt CRS, it allows CRS to recoup some losses from that subscriber in the event they do unsub before the contract is up.

CRS, in terms of financials, with the new payment options and the raise in month-to-month is nothing short of a home run idea on their part. You get all the options in the world and CRS has minimized the damages it takes from unsubbers.

If I was CRS, I would have chopped month-to-month entirely and grandfathered all the month-to-month players into the 3-month Easy Pay and let them decide for themselves whether to switch to pre-pay or another month-to-month or stay.

WRT to your last paragraph, our terms of service do not allow us to modify the plan for an existing subscriber. In your example, we cannot simply modify the terms for a monthly subscriber to a 3-month Easy Pay because the Easy Pay plan has a different set of terms than the monthly (non-plan) .

Regarding your reply, it is really great to see that players can see the benefit to both Playnet/CRS and the players WRT to the new plans.

S!

What else ya gonna do for 10 bucks and change a month? :)

Well the alternative is this:

means I will have to talk to the wife more and watch TV LOTS more ...

Avoiding that is definitely worth more than $10/month ...

Erik

What are the fees for early termination? Maybe it's in this thread or on the web page but I haven't found it.

There is a mention of ETF in the subscription info section of the account management tools, but it doesn't specify what the fees are.

All "Easy Pay" plans come with a term commitment as noted in the plan description. Early termination is subject to penalty

So If I just do nothing and do not select any of the new methods will it auto start taking the higher monthly fee?

Upgraded to the six month $14.99 plan thingy.

Thankfully, I still have time before it comes into effect if I change my mind and want to cancel my sub;)

So If I just do nothing and do not select any of the new methods will it auto start taking the higher monthly fee?

yes:

NON-PLAN PRICE PAYMENT DISCOUNT

month-to-month $14.99* monthly $0.00 / 0% select

* $17.99 price effective 10/31/10

All plans are recurring and will auto-renew at terms noted in plan description unless modified by customer.

It is cheaper to go with one of the plans, anyone at all can easily see that, but herein is my problem, I have this nasty habit of wanting to have the freedom to do as I please, I have enjoyed the "freedom" to monthly sub, even though I pay more. But this is having a Cumulative effect on me, the extra 3 bucks a month, is kinda like the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. Every change made to the game since and including 1.31, while delighting some players, maybe even most, there is a significant number who do not enjoy the direction the game is going. maybe we just don't fit in anymore, dinosaurs of a sort I guess, fru's almost did it for me, but I was going to wait for the tweak and see. But this, this takes away the freedom of being able to pay as I always have unless I wish to pay the extra 3 bucks. Maybe you were tired of the unsub threats, and want to lock people in on a plan so they wont fell like its worth it to leave before the plan is up. Well its your game, you have the perfect right to do that, and I have the freedom to say, No Thanks.

Well I'm out, $18 plus tax since I live in Texas is more than I am willing to pay for a game I play less and less. I think I play my playstation 2 more than I play this game. Hey, I don't know what my finances will look like in 6 months or a year either.

Good luck with this. I don't even want your free 14 days, keep them.

Edited by dangler

Locking all these threads...Makes them look like they've got something to hide.

THat's just plain silly. The open discussion for the rates is placed in the commingly viewed community pc help forum. There is no hiding it.

Locking all these threads...Makes them look like they've got something to hide.

It was explained that the Barracks isn't the place for this, there is a nice thread of people overreacting in the Support forum.

In an effort to manage increasing costs and better plan our cash flow forecasting, we designed the Pre-Pay and Easy Pay plans.

Our new Easy Pay plans offer new options for players who want to pay monthly- not everyone likes pre-paying for something.

Anyone who is currently paying monthly can lock in at $14.99 by choosing the 6 month Easy Pay plan. You still pay monthly and your price stays the same.

The 12-month Easy Pay plan actually LOWERS the monthly price to $12.99.

Are there cancellation penalties for early termination? Yes. We designed them to be reasonable but the benefit we have from being able to forecast cash flow from players on the Easy Pay plan is erased if you can cancel anytime.

We're offering a lower price point (far lower on pre-pay) to players and in exchange, we get to plan accordingly for the revenue- for salaries, contractors, operations and hard costs like server hosting and bandwidth.

If someone isn't sure if they like the game enough to hang around for 6 or 12 months then they have the no-plan rate to fall back on.

We hope that all our longtime players will see the value in Pre-Pay and Easy-Pay discounts and the benefit to CRS in having a better handle on how we can plan for resource needs.

In conjunction with these new plans we've eleminated the need for a credit card to sign up for a trial. We also have changes underway on how a trial works.

All of these things are an effort to grow the subscriber base and give CRS better management over our cash forecasting. We hope you will support these inititatives.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/accounts

alloffers.gif

i dont get it

can u go over it again plz?

Regarding your reply, it is really great to see that players can see the benefit to both Playnet/CRS and the players WRT to the new plans.

S!

There are very few that do, sadly. They'd rather scream and complain about the now rather than the future, incredibly short-sighted and unable to see why it is happening.

If $3/pm increase ($36/py) is enough to make you quit the game, you either have ridiculously bad financial skills/screwed up priorities/already have a waning interest in the game. Most of the complaining aside from maybe one or two instances is nothing other than the same old people who whine about the game/game direction using it as an excuse to be loud and unsub despite their unsubs being either inevitable or already crossing their mind for other reasons.

The only thing sadder than unsubbing over a very minor and now explained price increase is paying that much a month to spit bile about the very game you play.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0