• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonesz

Subscription (non-plan rate) being raised to $17.99

174 posts in this topic

There are very few that do, sadly. They'd rather scream and complain about the now rather than the future, incredibly short-sighted and unable to see why it is happening.

If $3/pm increase ($36/py) is enough to make you quit the game, you either have ridiculously bad financial skills/screwed up priorities/already have a waning interest in the game. Most of the complaining aside from maybe one or two instances is nothing other than the same old people who whine about the game/game direction using it as an excuse to be loud and unsub despite their unsubs being either inevitable or already crossing their mind for other reasons.

The only thing sadder than unsubbing over a very minor and now explained price increase is paying that much a month to spit bile about the very game you play.

Oh put a sock in it. Alot of these guys put in time and money to this game for 10 years to support this game. Who the heck are you to tell them there wrong in there views on the game or how they spend there cash via payment plans.

Rats as for locking players into some cheesy cell phone payment plan I think its a bad idea but do what you will its your game. And we will do what we have to as customers.

Edited by zbus

One of the things about this game that is different from others is that CRS has never charged for updates or new features (graphics, towns, new vehicles, weapons or personas) in nearly 10 years. Anything niche is going to carry a slightly higher price tag.

You should be happy that CRS doesn't charge like, $25 a month. Cost of Life increases are hitting the Rats too, you know.

Long time players who want to keep playing can choose to have their monthly sub lowered to $12.99. We, more than anyone count on the support of the game vets- this is partly why we dropped the price for easy pay.

If you've been playing for years and like it and aren't likely to quit anytime soon- this is the plan for you!

I guess I already mentioned that :)

Long time players who want to keep playing can choose to have their monthly sub lowered to $12.99. We, more than anyone count on the support of the game vets- this is partly why we dropped the price for easy pay.

If you've been playing for years and like it and aren't likely to quit anytime soon- this is the plan for you!

I guess I already mentioned that :)

Can you guarantee me my financial situation won't change in a year or six months or you won't make some change to the game that makes it not worth playing to me? If you can do that, I'll resub.

I can understand some people are barely getting by. The economy has been poor worldwide. Things are looking up. I hope it is for the good of this player base. I have met some of the most awesome people here.

I am paying 180 bucks a month for cable/internet and phone service. I cannot complain at the increase CRS is asking. If I drank 2 more beers this month it would equal. I just hope the numbers do not decrease because of this. The numbers are low as it is. Low numbers is whats killing us.

First a one time $20 donation. Now increase in rate.

I payed for this game for a long time, even when I never logged in. I was hoping it progressed. It has.

I thought about going Gold a month back, but when I play (TZ2-3) there is almost noone on and a high spawn delay.

I'd be happy to go gold, and bring back some of the people who played this game for years. The people who made it what it was in 2001-2004. I'd pay thier subscriptions just to have them back.

You just have to ask why they left. The game was taken away from them, when they honestly had a connection to it. The importance of squads and the people who drive them is the key.

When was the last time you met your squad in Vegas (or anywhere) last and had one of the most memorable times in your life? I last met mine in 2003.

CRS needs the money, we need more players. I am behind it. There is no other game like this anywhere.

I am a CRS fanboy! even if I dont like the game as is, I love the concept of what it can be.

I will pay ya, even if I dont play. I just hope the game never dies. You have done a hell of a lot with the little you have.

I am gonna keep it monthly, and if you want to charge me double, and keep someone in who has played for more than 3 years on for free. I am good with that.

S!

One of the things about this game that is different from others is that CRS has never charged for updates or new features (graphics' date=' towns, new vehicles, weapons or personas) in nearly 10 years. Anything niche is going to carry a slightly higher price tag.[/quote']

Then charge for major updates dont try to lock players into some kind of chessy cell phone payment contract. Alot of the guys can afford it (its only 3 bucks) but dont like being locked into long term plans that simple. And forceing them to do so for a video game is flat out silly. They may need a cell phone for there job/kids but Im sure alot will agree they dont need it for a video game.

Besides your not giveing them the choice by saying sure we are offering these plans and you get a discount if you lock in but if you dont well we are chargeing you 3 more bucks a month. Most adults chaff at the thought there being punished for not going along with your buisness plan. Now had you done this and said hey your rates are going to be the same regardless if you join our plan or not but its cheaper if you join that would be anouther story.

I will pay ya, even if I dont play. I just hope the game never dies. You have done a hell of a lot with the little you have.

I am gonna keep it monthly, and if you want to charge me double, and keep someone in who has played for more than 3 years on for free. I am good with that.

S!

whoah.

Thanks.

S!

Out of interest how much do other online games charge for subscription?

And in relation to not paying for patches, I would pay for them if they where not so bloody bugged and actually worked like they should, most of the time the patches are to fix the patches.

Is this extra money like a ninja way of us paying for the TS server again?

Edited by messtin

....in the pricing program? So now we go to a $17.99 montly fee and if you do an easy pay plan and decide to terminate it, you receive this nice friendly reward...

5. 'Easy Pay' subscription plan cancellation by the Subscriber prior to the completion of the term is subject to a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of (remaining months of the plan term) or specific penalty detailed below;

a. 12 Month 'Easy Pay': $50.00USD

b. 6 Month 'Easy Pay': $25.00USD

c. 3 Month 'Easy Pay': $20.00USD

so when was the full explination going to come? now i will have no problem paying a little more if we receive some of the things we've been looking for and they fix a lot of the things that are broken; however, unless they do and decide to give us some sort of timeframe i will not continue to support something like this. i know that many people are thinking this, but only some of us have the nards to say something about it, and the few that have spoken up have already been banned or received tos' for it.

Out of interest how much do other online games charge for subscription?

And in relation to not paying for patches, I would pay for them if they where not so bloody bugged and actually worked like they should, most of the time the patches are to fix the patches.

Is this extra money like a ninja way of us paying for the TS server again?

Well just off the top of my head

STO = 14.99/month

WOW = 14.99/month

EVE = 14.95/month

warhammer = 15.99/month

AOC = 14.99/month

And yes those are not war sims but you get the genral idea. About 15.00 month is avg for most games. And all have service plans that give you a discount for multi month subs. Big diffrence is they give you a choice and dont have wild increaces in price if you dont join there plans. And yes $3.00 is a big jump in price.

Quite a few threads on this already, but I completely agree to this assessment.

If you get charged more, then naturally you expect more.

So what is to come in the near future so everyone can know their extra buck is worth the while?

Oh put a sock in it. Alot of these guys put in time and money to this game for 10 years to support this game.

And that is commendable.

Who the heck are you to tell them there wrong in there views on the game or how they spend there cash via payment plans.

Simply observing, people can do as they please for whatever reasons they may have. Doesn't mean I will not comment nor do I expect anybody to agree with me.

Rats as for locking players into some cheesy cell phone payment plan I think its a bad idea but do what you will its your game. And we will do what we have to as customers.

You're right, you will and already have.

I can understand some people are barely getting by. The economy has been poor worldwide. Things are looking up. I hope it is for the good of this player base. I have met some of the most awesome people here.

I am paying 180 bucks a month for cable/internet and phone service. I cannot complain at the increase CRS is asking. If I drank 2 more beers this month it would equal. I just hope the numbers do not decrease because of this. The numbers are low as it is. Low numbers is whats killing us.

First a one time $20 donation. Now increase in rate.

I payed for this game for a long time, even when I never logged in. I was hoping it progressed. It has.

I thought about going Gold a month back, but when I play (TZ2-3) there is almost noone on and a high spawn delay.

I'd be happy to go gold, and bring back some of the people who played this game for years. The people who made it what it was in 2001-2004. I'd pay thier subscriptions just to have them back.

You just have to ask why they left. The game was taken away from them, when they honestly had a connection to it. The importance of squads and the people who drive them is the key.

When was the last time you met your squad in Vegas (or anywhere) last and had one of the most memorable times in your life? I last met mine in 2003.

CRS needs the money, we need more players. I am behind it. There is no other game like this anywhere.

I am a CRS fanboy! even if I dont like the game as is, I love the concept of what it can be.

S!

You get it. You completely understand the purpose behind everything the Rats have done, from the Builders program to the payment changes.

I personally have already tried to gather investment capital from two of my larger employers to go toward the Rats. I was actually so close with one of them I was actually halfway through writing to Rafter about it before it was shot down.

Reasons why it was shot down: Too niche, not marketable enough, not enough of a RoI and , most importantly, lack of brand recognition.

Well just off the top of my head

STO = 14.99/month

WOW = 14.99/month

EVE = 14.95/month

warhammer = 15.99/month

AOC = 14.99/month

And yes those are not war sims but you get the genral idea. About 15.00 month is avg for most games. And all have service plans that give you a discount for multi month subs. Big diffrence is they give you a choice and dont have wild increaces in price if you dont join there plans. And yes $3.00 is a big jump in price.

I can understand why some people are concerned if that is the price of subscription for I am afraid to say more popular multiplayer games and playnet are demanding more money than the normal subs for theirs.

My problem with an increase in subscription fee, regardless of other options available, stems largely from the number of bugs, and the regularity of patches which have known bugs/issues at the time of their release etc.

BUT, I'll boil it down, and the fan-boys and mods can get back to insulting/TOS'ing me at their leisure as per normal.

1. The game has a ludicrous amount of 'simple' bugs. By simple bugs, I mean things that in all seriousness, as a customer I don't expect to see/get. When some of those simple bugs were first reported on the forums etc, 4 years ago... Its self explanatory.

2. The game seems to have a very low rate of 'drive by' players, and an even lower rate of drive by players who stick around beyond the 14 day trial. Increasing the subscription fee for month to month players, will be a deterrent for bringing new blood. With most games in the MMO genre now available for less than $15 p.m, or free to play with micro-transactions - it seems this might need some more thought to me.

Sure, the veterans will go to pre-paid etc, however - as we ALL can see, the days of relying purely on this section of the player-base or potential player-base are coming to a close, due to frustration, loss of interest, real life issues etc etc. Numbers ARE declining.

3. Not offering information on the penalties applicable for early unsubscription from a lock in plan... isn't this illegal? Not saying that to be an ***, I simply mean: I'm almost 100% certain in most countries you cannot imply a fee will be charged without stating what that fee is up front. I'm not implying CRS would make it an unreasonable amount etc, simply that advertising for it etc should contain what you're in for up front shouldn't it?

4. Lock In Plans - I have a personal issue with these of any type by any company. Not just here. Being locked in isn't such a bad thing, provided the service you're paying for can be guaranteed to provide the same experience for the duration of the 'contract'. For example, with a mobile phone, you're aware what service, costings, etc. More you pay and so on, cheaper calls get and so on. The service remains the same month to month, and if there is any issues, generally a complaint to the right department will ensure money back or some help.

I have said this in the past, I consider the community worth my subscription fee, not the game, due to an assortment of reasons.

5. Free to Play Option - Tanks/Air/Inf are all lopsided on numbers. Quite simply, why not just make it free to play with a rifleman/Opel etc. And charge people micro-transactions for the equipment they wish to be able to spawn for access to the spawn list for that item.

I'd happily pay $15 bucks to be one of the only folks around to spawn a 38t! (Love that tank!) Others wouldn't mind a once off fee to be able to use a Tiger for example. Players could customize their gaming experience in this manner.

Heck, you could even go to the extent of having squads fork out a few hundred dollars to have an in-game insignia or something on their avatar! I know of a few people who'd be keen to see things go along this type of road.

I foresee good and bad with either path, personally.

I however, will bite the bullet and pay the extra $3 to pay monthly. For me, my assumption would be that breaking a 'lock in' would be a month or two's fee, until I see something more to improve things in my time zone, it's not worth the saving On a 6 month 'lock in', if I was to unsub in the first few months. This may change in time.

with all the bugs/gliches and other such failures in it...

wont mention few other things that hold this game back cause i get the ban stick

this game is not worth the price increased...

fix it first before u start extorten money..

incase i fail at readin..and sometimes i do..exactly when do these new plans go into effect?

so i know when to finally unsub and be done with this failure

oh and lock in plans with early cancel fees? lmfao..thats a joke right? this is not a CONTRACT to owning a phone or internet service....to funny...a online game resorten to contracts..

Edited by risky

1. The game has a ludicrous amount of 'simple' bugs. By simple bugs, I mean things that in all seriousness, as a customer I don't expect to see/get. When some of those simple bugs were first reported on the forums etc, 4 years ago... Its self explanatory.

A simple bug on user end rarely translates that way into code especially very old, archaic code. I'm willing to bet the Rats would love to take a sledgehammer to the current engine and start from scratch, but they can't. It's a wonder of programming how the game looks as good as it does now with new features still being added.

2. The game seems to have a very low rate of 'drive by' players, and an even lower rate of drive by players who stick around beyond the 14 day trial. Increasing the subscription fee for month to month players, will be a deterrent for bringing new blood. With most games in the MMO genre now available for less than $15 p.m, or free to play with micro-transactions - it seems this might need some more thought to me.

Sure, the veterans will go to pre-paid etc, however - as we ALL can see, the days of relying purely on this section of the player-base or potential player-base are coming to a close, due to frustration, loss of interest, real life issues etc etc. Numbers ARE declining.

Thus the urgency with which the Rats are moving into the direction they are. New payment plans, FRUs, no more CC for a trial, they are moving as fast as possible toward a goal.

3. Not offering information on the penalties applicable for early unsubscription from a lock in plan... isn't this illegal? Not saying that to be an ***, I simply mean: I'm almost 100% certain in most countries you cannot imply a fee will be charged without stating what that fee is up front. I'm not implying CRS would make it an unreasonable amount etc, simply that advertising for it etc should contain what you're in for up front shouldn't it?

It's under the Terms link right above "I have read and accept the Terms" checkbox, literally the last line.

5. Free to Play Option - Tanks/Air/Inf are all lopsided on numbers. Quite simply, why not just make it free to play with a rifleman/Opel etc. And charge people micro-transactions for the equipment they wish to be able to spawn for access to the spawn list for that item.

Believe Rafter commented that they were looking at the idea, nothing else since.

I just realized that the "gimme or I unsub!!!" crowd just got wtfpwned.

lol

Nah alot of the guys like myself are just waiting for there time to run out even before this. What it does do is make it harder for me to resub latter on. To be honest the rats are shooting themselves in the foot with this its not the guys crying unsub who will be hurt they will just move to anouther fourm and bad mouth the game to no end. Dont beleive it then you where not around for the grand opening way back when. Word of mouth can be very bad for a games health. Not a threat just a simple fact.

Quote:

NON-PLAN PRICE PAYMENT DISCOUNT

month-to-month $14.99* monthly $0.00 / 0% select

* $17.99 price effective 10/31/10

ah nvm i found the date.....

sad to say...this appearantly will by my last month playin ww2 ..i am not payin the absurb increase, no other game charges more then 14.99 ... and no i refuse to be locked into a cheesy contract over a online game..

not with these bugs/mechanics..not ever.

I bought the gold so I could play for life...some may call me a sucker, but the way I see it no matter how much I complain, or get stressed I have always come back to this game after a break since February 2002 when I first bought the box off a compusa shelf in the clearance section for $35. No other game has ever held my attention over such a time frame. My only problem now is playing more than I can afford time wise. As much as I would not like the idea of this if I was a monthly subscriber, there will likely NEVER be another game anywhere close to what this has the potential to be, look at the game industry, ALL they care about is money. While I cannot say for certain, I'm fairly confident that CRS is more interested in the product than the money. For them, money is not the objective of the WWIIOL project, yet is a necessary medium to their objective. I understand the complaints, by all means they are necessary for productive discourse on the subject, but please take a step back, breathe, and reassess. EA, codemasters, and the plethora of other producers and publishing houses out there don't care about content, all they care about is the $, just look at the corny cookie cutter games that "break the mold" out there; even when one does make waves its subsequently copied to no end. I fully support the WWIIOL project, and when I get out of my financial troubles, intend to buy another gold account.

Call me a kiss *** but I just signed up for 6 months at a reduced rate. By my albeit poor maths I am getting this game for $12.50 a month now and I am sure I will still be playing in 6 months. Been here for more than the 6 years that you guys see and if the game survives I will be round a while longer.

Also for me I can lock it in dollar for dollar on the exchange and not have my bank charge me extra every month for the conversion. Talk about theiving bastards.

I just realized that the "gimme or I unsub!!!" crowd just got wtfpwned.

lol

That was my thought too.

Probably a good thing too.

My thoughts on this game is that its one of the cheapest forms of entertainment there exists, so the money is not really an issue. The main issue is that you guys have a price increase without news of any important new features. If you guys said that you were making a new set of planes or were reworking the strat war i would be happy to pay to 20$ a month since im in texas and have to deal with that sales tax.

But the price increase comes at a time when numbers are already down and i see no worthwhile plans for the future. I would think you guys understand that most people don't give a **** about new infantry models or new trees. I guarantee if you make RDP bombing relevant again you will get an increase in subscriptions.

The only way i will resub next month is if i can have a reasonable idea of what's on the horizon for this game. I mean seriously, in the past few years you guys have ruined the air war with A.S.S., gheydar, ammo counters, bionic ears, FRU's, limited AO's, weather (big one right there), and totally neutering the RDP aspect of the game.

Edited by shifty

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0