Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonesz

Subscription (non-plan rate) being raised to $17.99

174 posts in this topic

Exactly. Plus they wouldn't even tell us. MM said she sent the email to everyone, interesting how the font size for price increase was significantly smaller than the rest, it wasn't as particularly clear as you would hope. I think a front page heads up is in order. It would be unfair otherwise. I can guarantee you not everyone noticed that.

Also since this is posted in the Windows support section, and no similair thread exists in the Mac section....are we to assume that Mac users are exempt?

;)

Also since this is posted in the Windows support section, and no similair thread exists in the Mac section....are we to assume that Mac users are exempt?

;)

Only Bob Dole would think so far into the future. ;)

Since we removed the need for a credit card to sign up for a trial account' date=' the number of people creating them has tripled. Now we have to work on retaining them and getting them to convert. We're still looking at the Free Play model and how we'd employ it.[/quote']

Good to hear try-outs have gone up by a factor of three!

Last night, I killed a n00b in a DAC and he came back later in a Matty and I killed him again - which brings me to a silly idea.

Let's start a new thread on this subject if it is of interest.

Does anyone think we should "go a bit easy" on N00bs - if we knew that they were raw recruits?

(For example, had I known, and had I had an opportunity to do so, I would have only killed the guy once and then explained to him via PM what he could do to improve his survivability.

Just a thought.

Yeah, I realize that no one gave any of us a break, but then again, are we happy about the number of hard-assed game survivors we have?

Cheers,

Joe

On the issue of subscription costs . . .

I support the Rats. They need predictable cash flow so lets try to give it to them.

As OldZeke stated, if you subscribe a year at a time it still comes out to under $11 a month.

Cheers,

Joe

Good to hear try-outs have gone up by a factor of three!

Last night, I killed a n00b in a DAC and he came back later in a Matty and I killed him again - which brings me to a silly idea.

Let's start a new thread on this subject if it is of interest.

Does anyone think we should "go a bit easy" on N00bs - if we knew that they were raw recruits?

(For example, had I known, and had I had an opportunity to do so, I would have only killed the guy once and then explained to him via PM what he could do to improve his survivability.

Just a thought.

Yeah, I realize that no one gave any of us a break, but then again, are we happy about the number of hard-assed game survivors we have?

Cheers,

Joe

This is where some of the noobie features we've been discussing would come into play. Little tips and features that would not necessarily give them an edge on the battlefield, but help them live longer.

This is where some of the noobie features we've been discussing would come into play. Little tips and features that would not necessarily give them an edge on the battlefield' date=' but help them live longer.[/quote']

Its not only CRS that should be helping to retain people. We the playerbase have a huge responsibility to play our part in this as well. There's a "culture" on both sides of the map. People should start thinking very heavily as to what they post in forums, and especially commentary in game. Especially those that SHOULD be held to a higher standard. I.E. HC. We should be able to police this ourselves, but I do not see that happening. Maybe stricter moderation I don't know. But we as players represent the game just as much at CRS does. And we can make or break keeping new people by the way we act just as much as CRS.

My thoughts on this game is that its one of the cheapest forms of entertainment there exists, so the money is not really an issue. The main issue is that you guys have a price increase without news of any important new features. If you guys said that you were making a new set of planes or were reworking the strat war i would be happy to pay to 20$ a month since im in texas and have to deal with that sales tax.

But the price increase comes at a time when numbers are already down and i see no worthwhile plans for the future. I would think you guys understand that most people don't give a **** about new infantry models or new trees. I guarantee if you make RDP bombing relevant again you will get an increase in subscriptions.

The only way i will resub next month is if i can have a reasonable idea of what's on the horizon for this game. I mean seriously, in the past few years you guys have ruined the air war with A.S.S., gheydar, ammo counters, bionic ears, FRU's, limited AO's, weather (big one right there), and totally neutering the RDP aspect of the game.

^^^THIS^^^

Can not even believe CRS is raising prices when the game is worse than it was 3yrs ago.

I have to assume that they are doing this to retain employees. I'm sure there are people at CRS that are starting to talk about abandoning the sinking ship BEFORE it sinks. These new plans are a way for CRS to show it's worried employees that they will still have a job in 6 months to a year.

As for me. I can't see locking into or paying more monthly for a game that is going downhill faster than a fat guy on a slippy-slide.

Does this mean I'll get ANOTHER TOS?

Been getting the bronze plan (12 months) for a while now; it's always been more economical.

However, the trend "seems" to be for MMOs to not charge a monthly fee at all, and have other methods of raising cash (premium accounts, purchasing equipment ala D&D, etc.). I'm not saying that is what WWIIOL should do per se, but this does seem to go against the grain.

I would pay $1k a year up front if the Rats could guarantee decent fps.

This is where some of the noobie features we've been discussing would come into play. Little tips and features that would not necessarily give them an edge on the battlefield' date=' but help them live longer.[/quote']

Count me in - I put boob in noob.

This.

Already talked to some of my friends who were originally interested in the game, you can say bye to that. They loved the concept, but lack of overall players and now charging more than most MMOs?! They said no, and I might also. Too many bugs atm to even dare ask for more money, oh and then theres the new cell phone plans.

If we are paying more, what exactly are we getting in return? Will I still CTD about every other sortie? What about the lag, will I still die to a guy who hasn't turned the corner yet?

If you honestly are trying to get more players, then this is the absolute worst way to go about it. Most MMOs now are either dropping their prices, or the new fad free2play. So instead you charge more? If we couldn't get players here because of the free trial credit card mess, what makes you think they will give their credit card to actually pay the money?

wow MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

I love CRS and all I swear I DO .....for giving us the most ambitious most large and most cool ww2 game ever but charging more than ANY OTHER MMO out there @ this time when so much is wrong with the game itself is ...............

Shooting yourself in the foot on the day of the big race

Im a long time sub of the game even up to 3 accounts back before "TOE" but the game in its current form AND INCREASING sub costs = not even 1 account

Im sorry ww2online (battleground europe) I have overlooked bugs and re-works in the past and PAYED anything you have asked ........But today I say no to this and if it was only for ONE problem Id say yes but NOW I say HELL NO not EVER

Its too much @ this time for what your offering

Simple as that

Sorry to say that as a 9 plus year supporter and under various accounts but 3 dollars MORE for this is just too much to ask @ the worst possible time

RECONSIDER !

Letting my sub run out, I'm not putting up with a rate hike with the way the game is now.

Half the times I get mission results pending, half the times I get concussion bug, spawn in with no ammo, try and spawn in as a AA gun and get spawned in as a rifleman, people with no bush bug, etc.

Fix your game before raising the price.

Letting my sub run out, I'm not putting up with a rate hike with the way the game is now.

Half the times I get mission results pending, half the times I get concussion bug, spawn in with no ammo, try and spawn in as a AA gun and get spawned in as a rifleman, people with no bush bug, etc.

Fix your game before raising the price.

This - Are you tone def CRS, are you seeing how many vets are leaving? Have you made a calculated risk that you will pick up enough new players with the no credit card req. for trial? I hope it works out. I will check back in a year or so and see whats up, Hope I can still recognize the game.

When I see visible supply, trains, ship convoys, subs and other features that enhance gameplay I will come back and resub for 12 months. In the mean time I wish CRS the best of luck.

There are a lot of active/reserve military that subscribe to this game.

I hope that there will be some kind of understanding when it comes to military deployments and that those members won't be charged a termination fee since most lack the necessary computer/internet access to log in while overseas.

This was the nudge i needed to unsub guys i havent played in a quite a while but didnt mind supporting you guys on a month to month basis but being forced to sign up for a plan or pay more when i was only helping keep the game goin is more than i can do,, its been real.

Edited by biffa

There are a lot of active/reserve military that subscribe to this game.

I hope that there will be some kind of understanding when it comes to military deployments and that those members won't be charged a termination fee since most lack the necessary computer/internet access to log in while overseas.

Termination fee? Where? In any case, I've heard of CRS holding onto accounts for active duty people on a few occasions, drop them a line.

I just signed up for a 1-year, 1 payment account. It's not that much (at least on my budget), it saves me money over time (I Love this game), and it helps CRS lock in a more reliable income stream. That helps their long-term planning and makes them more confident with hiring and buying equipment and licenses. We all benefit.

Fix the bugs!

I wish the collective will of those who experience bugs could make them go away, there'd be no bugs in anything anymore. That being said, fixing persistent bugs isn't something that can be done while also continually adding new features.

The consumer has really screwed CRS into the worst situation imaginable in terms of expectations: Want more stuff while fixing old bugs and fixing new while also having a very limited closed beta test team and an open beta that attracts four and a half people to actually test.

I wish the collective will of those who experience bugs could make them go away, there'd be no bugs in anything anymore. That being said, fixing persistent bugs isn't something that can be done while also continually adding new features.

The consumer has really screwed CRS into the worst situation imaginable in terms of expectations: Want more stuff while fixing old bugs and fixing new while also having a very limited closed beta test team and an open beta that attracts four and a half people to actually test.

You really aren't helping by trying to twist this to the players fault for asking too much.

I doubt that there is another game in this planet where the customer base is so loyal and patient but there is a limit to everything.

You're blaming the consumer as if they are obligated to stay subscribed and because they choose not to the game losses players, bugs don't get fixed, etc. You can continue to blame the consumer but they are not responsible or obligated to stay with a game that has bugs for long periods that remain unfixed. Just my two cents but the time that was spent putting out the FRU which has hurt the game more than helped, it could have been used to fix bugs in the game. Instead the game has yet another problem now. So far you are the only one blaming the consumer. People come and go and with the problems we have now and the fact the price is going up for some I expect to see even more go unfortunately.

Edited by stdyhand

Well I can live with the price increase, but I won't be locked into any 6 month contracts. I don't as a rule like MMO's or pay per month games at all but WWII Online is the only exception to that rule I'm prepared to make.

But as must as I love it, in the Australian time zone it's only occasionally worth playing to be honest. When the Anzacs are online with numbers we have a blast whether we're winning or losing doesn't matter. But much of the time it's Tumbleweed online and the map just rolls and people get very upset. I can only play under those conditions for short while before I get jaded with it all and other single player games like HOI2 seem way more enticing to play.

I just recently bought a new rig and resubbed about a week ago. I love a lot of the new 1.32 features and I can finally appreciate good FPS but where the **** is everyone? I thought there was going to be a big increase in numbers with this release, but a lot of the time we dont have any HC at all and when numbers are this low, it's unplayable, we cant even field a platoon of squishies.

I'm not quitting on the game because I've enjoyed it too much over the years and when it's good, it's the dog's bollox! But unless we get the numbers up it seems the Anzac squad night is the only time worth playing.

So I will resub for a month from time to time at the new $18 rate and if there is a decent increase in players on a more regular basis I will lock in for a longer commitment.

WWII Online may have some problems but it's essentially a remarkably good game that no one is playing. Part of that problem is that other than myself and a handful of online vets, no one has even heard of it. The few friends I have managed to really interest in the game are reluctant to pay for MMO's at all :\ so what can you do?

Anyway, you can have your extra $3 but I suggest you make them count and consider the most cost effective way of upping the player base ASAP.

Respectfully,

celliott.

You're blaming the consumer as if they are obligated to stay subscribed and because they chose not to the game losses players' date=' bugs don't get fixed, etc. You can continue to blame the consumer but they are not responsible or obligated to stay with a game that has bugs for long periods that remain unfixed.[/quote']

You're right, it's not their responsibility or obligation. But they are an element of stress for a development team, while directly responsible or not is very arguable what is not arguable is that they are a factor.

Just my two cents but the time that was spent putting out the FRU which has hurt the game more than helped, it could have been used to fix bugs in the game.

I agree the FRU has hurt in more aspects than helped but this is also hindsight at work. People were practically filling their pants in anticipation of FRUs, and, unfortunately, you can't plan development around hindsight.

Instead the game has yet another problem now. So far you are the only one blaming the consumer.

It may appear that way, but that is because, as I have said before, I can sympathize far more with the Rats than I can with the consumer. It's situations like this that give me flashbacks to times where me and my team bust unruly amounts of *** on a project or even several projects and cannot seem to get anything right from the consumer POV. It is impossible for me to quantify into words how utterly frustrating and aggravating such a situation is, especially when your income relies on the positive end.

People come and go and with the problems we have now and the fact the price is going up for some I expect to see even more go unfortunately.

Probably right here and it's a shame.

Things get more expensive, just the way it is.

Can be for many reasons - their bills increased, or fewer people play (and pay) etc etc..

What ever it is rats need this minor increase to make it - ok by me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0