• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonesz

Subscription (non-plan rate) being raised to $17.99

174 posts in this topic

Its been 3 months since 1.31. Things take time. CRS is a small company. This is a smaller niche market game (this isnt a 2 million subscriber game).

Things take time and money. Give the Rats a break. Everything they do is for us. We request it they pretty much do it as long as time and money are available. Name one other game you can interact with the developers and have your cake and eat it too? Think twice before you unsub, because I think you will regret it.

Alot of us have been giveing the rats a break for 10 years. As for regreting it most older vets already do. We didnt put all this time and money into the game just so we could unsub. Heck the reason your seeing these guys post at all is because they care. If they didnt care they would just leave without voiceing there decent like our friend a few posts back suggested we all do.

Its been 3 months since 1.31. Things take time. CRS is a small company. This is a smaller niche market game (this isnt a 2 million subscriber game).

Things take time and money. Give the Rats a break. Everything they do is for us. We request it they pretty much do it as long as time and money are available. Name one other game you can interact with the developers and have your cake and eat it too? Think twice before you unsub, because I think you will regret it.

I disagree, I have been here since 01. The game and the Rats have changed since then.I will list some of the Bugs, some OLD and some recent, that an air player encounters every time they play the game.

The air group has asked for years for more fighters and bombers, only to be told by CRS recently that yeah Great Idea , but we only have so many slots available for Aircraft.

The air group has been asking for being able to bomb from altitude(STO's), Higher than 1km and kill something is still not here.

The long standing Engine Bug that happens anytime you get a mass of planes on a airfield at a time waiting to lift, that just constantly Moans, that the "Rats can't Reproduce"

The Killing of the most Fun Organized Thing to do in the Air, RDP bombing was killed by CRS due to unforeseen actions of a handful of player and is now basically useless.

The nerfing of when you can get enuf people interested in RDP bombing and destroy a factory, then the factory rebuilds in 14 hours instead of the original time of 24 hrs which CRS can adjust, which was suppose to be fixed in 1.32, but is still at 14 hrs.

The stoopid AWS system that shows if a group of Planes lift from any Airfield the Map updates and alerts the enemy that you lifted, so they can kill you before you get to altitude.

The stoopid map bug that always show frikken bridges even thou you turn it off and spawn in a plane it still shows the bridges, another item listed as fixed in 1.32.

The team priority seems to be developing the ground game, but the problem lies as discussed earlier in this thread, Heck if you are in a Big Infantry Battle as ground you better have a $2500.00 Rig to handle it, and a Big Fat Pipe to the Internet and oh yeah you are still going to Lag, and FPS is going to be 20 if your lucky.

I have heard the "Mantra" of they are a small team for 10 years now.

Now the Team is trying to lock players in to plans to further nail down financial commitments.

I think they should of thought of that a long time ago.

Just doesn't make sense.

Stop Developing and fix the laundry list of basic issues with the game.

I am a Builder, but my patience with the Team and the Bugs are pushing me toward not being here anymore.

/Rant off

S!

I disagree, I have been here since 01. The game and the Rats have changed since then.I will list some of the Bugs, some OLD and some recent, that an air player encounters every time they play the game.

The air group has asked for years for more fighters and bombers, only to be told by CRS recently that yeah Great Idea , but we only have so many slots available for Aircraft.

The air group has been asking for being able to bomb from altitude(STO's), Higher than 1km and kill something is still not here.

The long standing Engine Bug that happens anytime you get a mass of planes on a airfield at a time waiting to lift, that just constantly Moans, that the "Rats can't Reproduce"

The Killing of the most Fun Organized Thing to do in the Air, RDP bombing was killed by CRS due to unforeseen actions of a handful of player and is now basically useless.

The nerfing of when you can get enuf people interested in RDP bombing and destroy a factory, then the factory rebuilds in 14 hours instead of the original time of 24 hrs which CRS can adjust, which was suppose to be fixed in 1.32, but is still at 14 hrs.

The stoopid AWS system that shows if a group of Planes lift from any Airfield the Map updates and alerts the enemy that you lifted, so they can kill you before you get to altitude.

The stoopid map bug that always show frikken bridges even thou you turn it off and spawn in a plane it still shows the bridges, another item listed as fixed in 1.32.

The team priority seems to be developing the ground game, but the problem lies as discussed earlier in this thread, Heck if you are in a Big Infantry Battle as ground you better have a $2500.00 Rig to handle it, and a Big Fat Pipe to the Internet and oh yeah you are still going to Lag, and FPS is going to be 20 if your lucky.

Now the Team is trying to lock players in to plans to further nail down financial commitments.

Just doesn't make sense.

I am a Builder, but my patience with the Team and the Bugs are pushing me toward not being here anymore.

/Rant off

S!

this

Just doesn't make sense.

/Rant off

S!

Very well stated.

I wish they had a free-play option to recruit more people. Basic rifleman should be free to play always. People will get fed up with only being a rifle and subscribe eventually.

What does this mean?

5. 'Easy Pay' subscription plan cancellation by the Subscriber prior to the completion of the term is subject to a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of (remaining months of the plan term) or specific penalty detailed below;

a. 12 Month 'Easy Pay': $50.00USD

b. 6 Month 'Easy Pay': $25.00USD

c. 3 Month 'Easy Pay': $20.00USD

What happens when i terminate an easy pay subscription plan early?

Just doesn't make sense.

/Rant off

S!

Precisely. Thank you reddog.

What does this mean?

5. 'Easy Pay' subscription plan cancellation by the Subscriber prior to the completion of the term is subject to a cancellation fee equal to the lesser of (remaining months of the plan term) or specific penalty detailed below;

a. 12 Month 'Easy Pay': $50.00USD

b. 6 Month 'Easy Pay': $25.00USD

c. 3 Month 'Easy Pay': $20.00USD

What happens when i terminate an easy pay subscription plan early?

It depends on if/when you cancel it.

An Easy Pay subscription offers a discount over the non-plan rate and so in order for us to offer that discount we need to be sure that the user will stay for the term.

For example, you select a 12-month Easy Pay plan. You get a discounted monthly rate of $12.99. The term is twelve months.

If you cancel during month 6 of 12 you would have a remaining term of 6 x $12.99 = $77.94 (scheduled to be paid over 6 more months) BUT we cap the early termination penalty at $50 for the 12-month Easy Pay Plan.

If you cancel during month 10 you would have a remaining term of 2 x $12.99 = $25.98 so because that's less than the $50 cap, you pay $25.98.

Of course you can unsubscribe from any plan at any time which means when the term is over (be it 1, 6, 12 whatever), the plan goes inactive and doesnt renew.

We tried to strike a balance with these early termination fees so that we don't get burned with users getting a deep discount but not sticking through the term and making the penalty reasonable for a user who just wants to quit all together.

Any player who's been around a while (we have LOTS) and figures to keep playing should really have a hard look at the Easy Pay plans. If you're an on again/off again player, the monthly non-plan rate or even a 3 month Pre-Pay is probably more for you.

I just cant afford to put forth a bunch of money for a 1 yr plan, I am a single

parent and just can't afford to do something like that...more importantly you

guys want me to pay for a game that really doesn't work the way that you

advertise...the map for Mac users has been bugged for more than 2 years, with

almost no fix...at least the CTD problem when scrolling over players with 10

characters in a name was fixed, a couple months later, but I can still not use

my map properly, making waypoints doesn't work and hasnt for Mac users

for a VERY long time.

The fact that you (CRS) wants me to pay more for a game that is NOT

working as advertised is absurd...the fact that you (CRS) even has the

audacity to ignore problems (like the map bug for Mac users, among others)

is ethically questionable, and now you want me to pay more? I have looked

the other way many times when Mac stuff goes wrong and gets overlooked

time and again, and I have never complained openly about feeling like a 2nd

class member of the WWIIOL community, but this is it for me CRS. I just

upgraded my computer so that I could continue playing WWIIOL, many

players had to upgrades...now you are asking us to pay more. I obviously

hope that you guys do NOT increase the rate, I love the game...if you ask me

to pay 17.99/month to play a game that doesn't really work the way it

should, and the way that CRS advertises then I am gone, and on my way will

be placing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Texas stating that

you (CRS) has a product on the market that does not work the way it is

advertised by the company, and the company (CRS) does nothing to fix the

problems....most business that have a defective product fix the product

before asking more money for it. Good Luck

So I'm a Day 1 player... Err maybe Day 2-3 if you want to get technical after the 75MB download via 56K modem and the hours of hitting F6 looking for a open server shard ;)

The Rat's have had a hard time, but one can also count their blessings. In history of the product and launch, they are far luckier than any other MMORPG as of late (APB for example? :) )

I've long supported this game even though I have moved on. I have been active for what I believe is 85-90% of the tenure I've had with this game even though I don't play it. I bought into the whole community thing, and I saw the will and determination of the Rats to get things done. I applaud them for the countless nights where they worked to get the game playable, and I knew my investment (investment in the sense that I was really not playing most of that time) would amount to something.

Fast forward to today, I don't see any sense in the investment. For me, it's not particularly because of the money (I was around when 9.99 went to 14.99 and I was always month to month) but its the chain of events I see come down that make me know that my investment will be in vein. I also don't see the energy in CRS I used to. I think we are on a one track of improving what we have. Its a shame they couldn't finance for some expansions. I would have paid!

I hope the Rat's truly the best.... But from an outsider perspective I still see the following things as of late which are troubling:

-The Builder plans

-The China silver bullet. How's that coming?

-The $5 one time fee to help with animations?

-The "cell phone" contract plans. (psh, atleast with cell plans we get subsidized phones)

In my eyes, I conclude that the financial situation for The Rats is in dire straights. This is my opinion only, and I may be wrong-- but alas it is what I take from it. Every program they have introduced has been a bandaid to their cash flow... I operate 10 restaurants right now-- and I know their issue quite well... and, in my eyes, I think I know the reality of it all too.

I love the Rats, and I miss the old Rats that had to part ways due to all this. I truly wish them the best of luck in the future. I hope the game can continue on. But it is very hard for a development company to stay afloat with one IP that is niche of all things and rely on a community to fund a development company. I think this is the beginning of the inevitable, for which I am very sad.

Good luck to all. Good luck to Rafter, Doc, and the other Rats. Good luck to the players.

Just doesn't make sense.

/Rant off

S!

Sad but true.

!S Dog.

So I'm a Day 1 player... Err maybe Day 2-3 if you want to get technical after the 75MB download via 56K modem and the hours of hitting F6 looking for a open server shard ;)

The Rat's have had a hard time, but one can also count their blessings. In history of the product and launch, they are far luckier than any other MMORPG as of late (APB for example? :) )

I've long supported this game even though I have moved on. I have been active for what I believe is 85-90% of the tenure I've had with this game even though I don't play it. I bought into the whole community thing, and I saw the will and determination of the Rats to get things done. I applaud them for the countless nights where they worked to get the game playable, and I knew my investment (investment in the sense that I was really not playing most of that time) would amount to something.

Fast forward to today, I don't see any sense in the investment. For me, it's not particularly because of the money (I was around when 9.99 went to 14.99 and I was always month to month) but its the chain of events I see come down that make me know that my investment will be in vein. I also don't see the energy in CRS I used to. I think we are on a one track of improving what we have. Its a shame they couldn't finance for some expansions. I would have paid!

I hope the Rat's truly the best.... But from an outsider perspective I still see the following things as of late which are troubling:

-The Builder plans

-The China silver bullet. How's that coming?

-The $5 one time fee to help with animations?

-The "cell phone" contract plans. (psh, atleast with cell plans we get subsidized phones)

In my eyes, I conclude that the financial situation for The Rats is in dire straights. This is my opinion only, and I may be wrong-- but alas it is what I take from it. Every program they have introduced has been a bandaid to their cash flow... I operate 10 restaurants right now-- and I know their issue quite well... and, in my eyes, I think I know the reality of it all too.

I love the Rats, and I miss the old Rats that had to part ways due to all this. I truly wish them the best of luck in the future. I hope the game can continue on. But it is very hard for a development company to stay afloat with one IP that is niche of all things and rely on a community to fund a development company. I think this is the beginning of the inevitable, for which I am very sad.

Good luck to all. Good luck to Rafter, Doc, and the other Rats. Good luck to the players.

A well thought post but we have seen this before and the Rats have fought on and delivered. What they need is some serious investment and that means someone from outside comming in a ploughing some serious cash in to build the game or produce version 2.0. But that has risks as has been seen by APB et al.

I don't think this is the end of the line. It is a serious attempt to get some cash in and steady the cash flow. Unlike APB and other MMORPGs we have played and invested and I can't guarantee this but I doubt they owe any investor currently a huge amount of cash that needs instant repayment. I have switched to the 12 month plan so there is no change in cost to me and the rats know of my continued support.

What they may need to do is outsource some development to get somethings done cheaper?

Edited by je5ter

I can not... in good conscious, continue to support a team that continues to fumble the ball on the 10yrd line.

CRS gets sooo close but never scores. Too many long-lived bugs. Too many failed opportunities.

But more than that. I have supported the team for 7yrs, based on the "Road map" plan they gave us.

That plan is and I guess was, always total BS.

I've come to the conclusion, they never planed to follow through and those were just pipe dreams to keeps us sub'd... Giving them money.

And now, when people are getting fed up with all the unfulfilled promises...all the bugs that have been here for YEARS.

They patch and say this or that is fixed, but it's not.

And yet, they are raising their month-to-month pricing again. Higher than any other MMO?

Well, I only have to get punched in the nose so many times before I say enough.

I would like this game to last another 10yrs. And I'd still be here all that time...IF.

I'm a month-to-month pay. And I won't give an extra $3 or even $.03 to pay for If , Someday maybe, or the proverbial *soon*.

Edited by lipton

I keep seeing reference to "Cell phone" plans. Well, at least 1 major US Cell Carrier charges more per month for a set term contract than for non-contract month-to-month, and they still have ETF. So be glad CRS didn't adopt that model for their easy-pay plans.

Think of them more like your cable provider. You have a set monthly rate for service, and can cancel at any time, or, you can commit for 12-months for a reduced rate, but there is an ETF if you cancel. And cable providers aren't the only ones going this route. Media companies (newspapers, internet news, magazines, etc), mechanical service companies; in fact it's a common strategy throughout service-oriented industries. It allows for better financial planning and while at the same time saving the customer money.

For me it isn't about money. I just wish CRS would make the game they planned in 2001 instead of trying to please everyone. Some where along the way CRS got derailed.

It depends on if/when you cancel it.

An Easy Pay subscription offers a discount over the non-plan rate and so in order for us to offer that discount we need to be sure that the user will stay for the term.

For example, you select a 12-month Easy Pay plan. You get a discounted monthly rate of $12.99. The term is twelve months.

If you cancel during month 6 of 12 you would have a remaining term of 6 x $12.99 = $77.94 (scheduled to be paid over 6 more months) BUT we cap the early termination penalty at $50 for the 12-month Easy Pay Plan.

If you cancel during month 10 you would have a remaining term of 2 x $12.99 = $25.98 so because that's less than the $50 cap, you pay $25.98.

Of course you can unsubscribe from any plan at any time which means when the term is over (be it 1, 6, 12 whatever), the plan goes inactive and doesnt renew.

We tried to strike a balance with these early termination fees so that we don't get burned with users getting a deep discount but not sticking through the term and making the penalty reasonable for a user who just wants to quit all together.

Any player who's been around a while (we have LOTS) and figures to keep playing should really have a hard look at the Easy Pay plans. If you're an on again/off again player, the monthly non-plan rate or even a 3 month Pre-Pay is probably more for you.

If it costs 50 dollars to cancel; why would you choose a 6 month easy payment over 6 months pre-payment?

If it costs 50 dollars to cancel; why would you choose a 6 month easy payment over 6 months pre-payment?

Alot of players dont like paying in advance for services. By the way you loose your cash that way as well not like there going to refund you for months you dont use do to unsubing.

I keep seeing reference to "Cell phone" plans. Well' date=' at least 1 major US Cell Carrier charges [i']more per month for a set term contract than for non-contract month-to-month, and they still have ETF. So be glad CRS didn't adopt that model for their easy-pay plans.

Think of them more like your cable provider. You have a set monthly rate for service, and can cancel at any time, or, you can commit for 12-months for a reduced rate, but there is an ETF if you cancel. And cable providers aren't the only ones going this route. Media companies (newspapers, internet news, magazines, etc), mechanical service companies; in fact it's a common strategy throughout service-oriented industries. It allows for better financial planning and while at the same time saving the customer money.

I have refused to buy ice cream since a half gallon is not quite a half gallon anymore

I have added to that list potato chips as NOW you can BUY most steak cheaper by the pound than you can potato chips (and they are BOTH pretty bad for you)

Sometimes its the principle of an issue

Mind you I dont want everyone to rage quit and destroy this great company trying to teach it a lesson over this but the drawing the line in the sand thing that seems to be going on in response to our displeasure seems to be very scary territory indeed

I will pay the 17.99 next month for one reason

I dont want to be the lost money that causes the snowball next month ...this is scary times and there is alot on the line

I hope CRS reconsiders thier risk as I have mine

Good luck to us all

Getting bugs fixed and taking care of the FRU problems will take care of a LOT of displeasure. The cost of the game wont be as big of a deal. Is it worth the cost is the question many will ask themselves. As it is right now, I say no its not. Fix the FRU and I'd reconsider letting my sub run out. Next target the INF lag(yes I'm sure this one is a pain in the arse to find) and I think that would restore some confidence in the direction of the game. After that update the INF graphics since its already in the works and consider adding to the AIR game since a lot of players in this game play only air sorties and have been waiting a long time. I play a lot of inf now but I think the pilots in this game have waited too long for some positive changes.

well i wont lie although i dont play as much as i use to, i will not be paying 17.99 a month for this game as i choose monthly due to work limiting me on being able to play as much as i use to.

CRS be pre-pared to lose more then your going to make cause i don't think a lot of people are going to go for this.

GL sub runs out nov 17th it was a pleasure and privy to play this game for so many years (day 1) with so many different people. I hoe it all works out for everyone who plays.

revi out

p.s. NOW give me what you said you were going to give us at launch and you will probably get my money that way i won't lie. More countries... pacific theatre... NOW were talking

Edited by revi68

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0