Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAMMYMAN

Pearl Harbor III

470 posts in this topic

Please put me in the Oklahoma....

I asked this for the BoB, and was never really replied on, but.....

Will they will be a Special Ribbon, for this Event???

I know, been really busy IRL (5 weeks away from home)

Suxor

I'll be happy on any ship!

Awating assignment ...... :)

Transcul is assigned as Gunner aboard the USS Arizona (Ship #2).

Ice, Fleet Command

I take

15 - USS Ramsey (Fmb)

Frantish is assigned as Captain of the USS Ramsey (Ship #15).

Ice, Fleet Command

Event Start Time for Naval is 7:00 PM GMT.

Event Start Time for Air is 7:30 PM GMT.

Main Event Start Time is 8:00 PM GMT.

Check your time here: Time Conversion Link: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Naval Players please check into the thread entitled Fleet Command, Pearl Harbour III located here: http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=346115

Ice, Fleet Command

Steelydan assigned as Gunner aboard the USS Oklahoma (Ship #7).

Answer this Question for me Steelydan:

While you have only shot down 13 planes you appear to be very good at it when using a Destroyer so just which sets of guns were you using.?

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

Sir.

Requesting Command USS Neosho.

Tzulscha assigned as Captain of the USS Neosho (Ship #8).

Expect Crew, check back now and then.

Ice, Fleet Command

Explain that to me please.

Are you saying I can assign a player to a Fairmile prior to filling all the ships, including Fairmiles, and move those Fairmiles to a position I like.?

Further, can I move those Fairmiles between the 1st and 2nd waves of Stukas as well.?

Ice, Fleet Command

Icetwp,

You have an Over Flow allotment of ship that can be either Farmiles or Transports. If a Player does not want to be one of the Designated ships in the list that were in Pearl Harbor at the time of the attack ( I.E. i'll take a Farmile or a Transport Request) you can put them in your Overflow List and place them in a position you desire, Hopefully, since you feel that the Torpedo Bombers put you at a disadvantage (which i disagree and feel that the Torpedo Bombers are a flying Death Trap for this event and will not get the Kills you think will destroy you chance at a 3rd Victory) you'll place any of those ships in the path you think the Torpedo Bomber will attack you from that jeopordizes the fleet. You should try to do every thing you can to get the 78 Desiganted ships filled 1st, But if a players does not want one of them, then you should place them in the Overflow list

Pretty simple and straight forward in my eyes

Edited by JAMMYMAN

Steelydan assigned as Gunner aboard the USS Oklahoma (Ship #7).

Answer this Question for me Steelydan:

While you have only shot down 13 planes you appear to be very good at it when using a Destroyer so just which sets of guns were you using.?

Ice, Fleet Command

Meh, AAA is AAA...

As long as I have fun, that's the beauty of it...

Stuka with flotadores for me please.

I will be the first plane to be shot down... :-)

Tzulscha assigned as Captain of the USS Neosho (Ship #8).

Expect Crew, check back now and then.

Ice, Fleet Command

Aye aye sir!

Hi, i want participate in this event.

If is posible USS Oklahoma.

Sanatos assigned as Captain of the USS Oklahoma (Ship #7), per your PM.

Steelydan is your Gunner.

Acknowledge assignment and that you have a Gunner.

Ice, Fleet Command

Icetwp,

You have an Over Flow allotment of ship that can be either Farmiles or Transports. If a Player does not want to be one of the Designated ships in the list that were in Pearl Harbor at the time of the attack ( I.E. i'll take a Farmile or a Transport Request) you can put them in your Overflow List and place them in a position you desire, Hopefully, since you feel that the Torpedo Bombers put you at a disadvantage (which i disagree and feel that the Torpedo Bombers are a flying Death Trap for this event and will not get the Kills you think will destroy you chance at a 3rd Victory) you'll place any of those ships in the path you think the Torpedo Bomber will attack you from that jeopordizes the fleet. You should try to do every thing you can to get the 78 Desiganted ships filled 1st, But if a players does not want one of them, then you should place them in the Overflow list

Pretty simple and straight forward in my eyes

Question: Can those Overflow Fairmiles/Transports move inbetween Wave 1 and Wave 2.?

Reason being that if I guess wrong on location I'd still like to ensure that they see action so that they have "fun" too.

Question: Are my Naval Pilots permitted to get a Bofors immediately, after they are slaughtered on the ground by 24 109-E4s, and respawn as a Bofors at Veere or Kamperland during the 1st Wave with permission to be a Bofors in the second wave too, if they die in the first wave.?

Reason being is that it isn't much "fun" for them to get clobbered on the ground and then have the Event be over for them. Also considering it would take them a bit of time to spawn and position a Bofors this might simulate the AA defense slowing becoming active at Pearl Harbour, as was historical.

Question: Can we limit the Torp Bombers to the 1st wave only, without re-arming rights, given that historically the Japanese did not even mount a Torp Bomber attack in the second wave, but permit them to join the second wave as Stukas.?

Reason being that if we are going historically correct with the Naval Aircraft stuck on the ground, until attacked or first bombs drop, we should also go historically correct with the Torp Bombers as well.

Question: Can we prohibit the 109-E4s from strafing the Ships but permit them to get Stukas in the second wave whether they live or die in combat against the Naval Pilots.?

Reason being that historically the Japanese did not use fighter aircraft to strafe the Ships in the Harbour but used them to strafe airfields/emplacements and anti-air patrol.

By the way it is my job as Fleet Commander to try to acheive Victory for the Fleet (regardless of the odds against us) and I see very little as simple and straight forward. :)

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

? How many bombers did we lose last year compared to how many Ships were sunk cause if I recall we only lost a few ships compared to how many bombers were lost If you were to fill ever one of your ships and I fill say only half of the bombers you will win because there we be so much flak going off our pilots won't have a chance even if you fill half our ships there still will be a ton of flak and if we are going historical no shots were fired untill 2 to 3 ships were hit and sinking so I think the odds are in your favor

? How many bombers did we lose last year compared to how many Ships were sunk cause if I recall we only lost a few ships compared to how many bombers were lost If you were to fill ever one of your ships and I fill say only half of the bombers you will win because there we be so much flak going off our pilots won't have a chance even if you fill half our ships there still will be a ton of flak and if we are going historical no shots were fired untill 2 to 3 ships were hit and sinking so I think the odds are in your favor

You have a much higher regard for Naval AA then I do.

But considering you are Air Command XO I'll give you a pass on your comments.

Let Jammyman answer the Questions. They are reasonable Questions.

Ice, Fleet Command

Edited by icetwp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0