Starting 05-november-2010

NON-PLAN

Month-to-month $17,99

Pre-Pay:

3 month $44.99 total; $15,00 a month

6 month $74.99 total; $12,50 a month

12 month $129.99 total; $10,83 a month

Easy Pay:

3 month $50,97 total; $16.99 a month; fee of $20 or the remaining payment(<$20) if you unsub before term is over.

6 month $89,94 total; $14.99 a month; fee of $25 or the remaining payment(<$25) if you unsub before term is over.

12 month $155,88 total; $12.99 a month; fee of $50 or the remaining payment(<$50) if you unsub before term is over.

As an easy payer the effect will be:

3 month plan:

1 month and unsub -> $36,99;

2 month and unsub -> $50,97;

3 month and unsub -> $50,97;

6 month plan:

1 month and unsub -> $39,99;

2 month and unsub -> $54,98;

3 month and unsub -> $69,97;

4 month and unsub -> $84,96;

5 month and unsub -> $89,94;

6 month and unsub -> $89,94;

12 month plan:

1 month and unsub -> $62,99;

2 month and unsub -> $75,98;

3 month and unsub -> $88,97;

4 month and unsub -> $101,96;

5 month and unsub -> $114,95;

6 month and unsub -> $127,94;

7 month and unsub -> $140,93;

8 month and unsub -> $153,92;

9 month and unsub -> $155,88;

10 month and unsub -> $155,88;

11 month and unsub -> $155,88;

12 month and unsub -> $155,88;

My advice to new players:

Do a free trial of 2 weeks.

Then buy the game(serial) and get 1 month free.

Then if you want to keep playing do the 3 month pre-pay or more if you want.

Advise to current players:

Stick to the pre-plans. If you were doing 1 month payments; just do 3 months pre-pay.

World of Warcraft prices:

Non-Plan

$14.99 per month

Pre-pay

3 month $41,97 total; $13.99 per month

6 month $77,94 total; $12.99 per month.

Aka: Battleground europe is cheaper when you use 6 month pre-pay, 12 month pre-pay or 12 month easy pay.

Monthly pay is $3 more expensive for BE.

Edited by monsjoex

Wow, thanks for posting this, I had no idea my monthly payment was going up to $17.99 as I was on a monthly plan. I've now changed this to $12.99 Easypay 12 month plan.

Wow' date=' thanks for posting this, I had no idea my monthly payment was going up to $17.99 as I was on a monthly plan. I've now changed this to $12.99 Easypay 12 month plan.[/quote']

Anybody who has been to Mars for the last week are excused :rolleyes:

Wow' date=' thanks for posting this, I had no idea my monthly payment was going up to $17.99 as I was on a monthly plan. I've now changed this to $12.99 Easypay 12 month plan.[/quote']

As i posted: i don't recommend easypay.

The pro's of being able to unsub without paying the FULL price are very low due to the fee.

3-6-12 month pre-pay is the way to go.

Anyone that thinks that this won't happen to other MMO's is simply put, retarded.

Cost of life isn't just shafting you; it's shafting everyone.

How about if i offer myself for sexual favours to the Rats' date=' what kind of discount can i i get?[/quote']

You'll need to send them some pics and/or video?

People have wasted more time on the topic of the new fees than it's worth. $3 a month and you get to unsub anytime. After an upcoming patch crushes your computer, you get a little bored, and/or something comes up in RL that takes up all your time. If you can't handle $3...well I don't want to be cruel.

If you can't handle $3...well I don't want to be cruel.

What if you could handle it, but you don't think it is worth it?

If it was the game play it once was it would be worth it. But the version we have now isn't the game that has kept me here so long. It seems like CRS is always changing the game, dumbing it down if you will, to chase the customers they don't have instead of making a game that built on what made the customers it had stay.

What??? The cost is seriously going up? When was this announced? There's no WAY I'm paying 18 bucks a month for this game. Sure glad I read the forums! Cya folks. Been a fun ride since 01.

!S werwolf,

I believe it was in one of the newsletters, not really sure (didn't notice till I read the forums also).

Had some good times bro, sucks to see all these 01ers leavin but I completely understand.

Keep in touch, us North Carolinians can go catch a brew sometime.

tantc@aol.com

Crazy weird commie commas and decimal points making comprehension of math impossible.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

jw:

If you're going to argue with Romz, do your homework before you post. He gets it, and you can't teach common sense, you have to be born with it.

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

!S werwolf,

I believe it was in one of the newsletters, not really sure (didn't notice till I read the forums also).

Had some good times bro, sucks to see all these 01ers leavin but I completely understand.

Keep in touch, us North Carolinians can go catch a brew sometime.

tantc@aol.com

Ah, yeah I didn't catch it. I never read the newsletters anymore, since it's just the same stuff copied and pasted from the announcements anymore.

I sure did enjoy all the times hunkered down over an HC map with you, and I'm certainly going to miss the experience. I just hate that CRS is moving to the "Buy into it long term or pay extra" model, but I guess that's life, and all good things come to an end, to be replaced by a dollar sign.

I would absolutely love to catch that beer we've been talking about, it's just a matter of time opening up and coordination. Don't be shocked when you get an email from me out of the blue :)

S! Oswald, always been one of my favorite dudes. :)

As to the concern about rank, decals and other settings being potentially lost by unsubscribing, that's nothing new. Decals are a system we need to keep updated and maintained and occasionally we purge the database of long inactive accounts to free up names for new players.

Nothing has changed on that.

If you need a spreadsheet to show payment plans..... :D

You realize that is just the penalty schedule for Easy Pay plans, right?

There are 7 basic subscription options. No spreadsheet.

Starting 05-november-2010

My advice to new players:

Do a free trial of 2 weeks.

Then buy the game(serial) and get 1 month free.

Then if you want to keep playing do the 3 month pre-pay or more if you want.

Advise to current players:

Stick to the pre-plans. If you were doing 1 month payments; just do 3 months pre-pay.

You know, I would have been all for this idea if they didn't penalize current monthly subscribers or discourage new players (absolutely stupid in their current situation). Right now I am on the fence whether I should resub or call it quits. $18 per month (probably will average $20CAD) is a lot for a single game especially one that has lost most of what made it so much fun... the number of players. Raising the price will only make things worse. This decision looks like it was made by a bank, and not someone who cares about the future of the game. Short term gains, long term failure.

And it doesn't even make sense.

WoW raising subs by $1/month X 1,000,000 players = $1,000,000 more income. For them it might make sense.

WWIIOL raising subs by $3/month X 3000 players is $3000 more income. Probably 10% turned away so 300 X current $15/month = $4500. Net result is $1500 reduced income and 10% less players in-game.

WWIIOL adding a $10/month inf account maybe 20% more subs = 600 players X $10 = $6000. Maybe 10% of current subs switch so 300 X $5 = $1500. So net result is $4500 in increased income, 20% high population in-game and happy customers.

If the rats had any marketing sense they would use the following plans:

- Free rifle accounts

- $10/month infantry/ATG accounts

- Regular all access accounts for the current $14.99/month

- Pre pay plans $13.50, $12.50, $10.50 for 3, 6 and 12 months

- Easy-pay plans $13.99, $12.99 and $11.99 for 3, 6 and 12 months

- Advertise FFS!!! Hold a competition for the best 10 second clips of action offering a free month sub, put them together by someone with an ounce of editing skill and send them to gaming sites like gametrailers and IGN with the new prices advertised.

Why?

#1 Because this way, to anyone current there is no reason to feel cheated and some might decide to switch to the easy-pay to get a similar benefit as pre-paying without paying in advance. It would actually seem like a nice deal, instead of getting sold a $50 watch at $100 and saying "but for you, I make deal... $75 yes? It's steal!".

#2 Because more important than the Airwar (RIP 2006), more important than new tanks, more important than Africa are players. The whole point of this game is that it is an MMO. M M freaking O! There is nothing massive about 50 players at an AO. Making free rifle accounts lets cheap people play and at least provide cannon fodder to everyone else. $10 inf accounts lets people experience the bulk of the game for a very affordable price, and adding more players to the part of the game that is most lacking in ratio to everything else. More players = more fun. That is provided that freedom returns to the game and people aren't funnelled to never ending stale battles with a choice of 2 AOs.

Important advice, you don't sell more of something by jacking up the price. And anyone hear of Koodo mobile? You know why half the people I know are switching to them... NO CONTRACTS! People hate contracts. Sure offer them if you want, but don't pair it with a price hike.

AND NEVER EVER EVER COMPARE FREE WWIIOL UPDATES TO PAYED EXPANSION TO WOW. For one, they are optional. Second of all they have about 100X the content any patch has here. WWIIOL updates are not free. I've payed $660USD for this game to date. The average cost of a AAA game on launch day is $70.

/rant off

Don't say I didn't warn you 3 years from now.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0