• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spartacus

How much better will this rig run this game?

7 posts in this topic

I don't get to play much, but I'm hoping to make time over the winter since I can't ride my sportsbike anymore, and it'll be cold, so I'll be stuck indoors. I haven't really upgraded my core system in a while, since I don't use the computer much more for any other than for browsing.

I'm currently running a Pentium 4 3.2, with 4 gigs of ram even though win xp only recognizes 2.87 of it. I have an SB X-fi card, and my video card is a decent GeForce GTX 260.

I found an inexpensive barebones kit at tiger direct, that has:

(http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6892271&CatId=31) that has:

* ECS A740GM-M Motherboard

* AMD Phenom X3 8400 2.1GHz Processor

* Cooler Master CPU Fan 70mm

* Crucial 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 Memory

* Seagate Barracuda 1TB Low Power Hard Drive

* LG GH22NS50B DVD Writer

* PowerUp ATX Black Mid-T Case w/ 450w PSU

I plan to transfer my HD, soundcard, and video card into the new rig. Will this increase my playability level?

The 2.1 gig processor and only 2 gig of ram aren't going to run this game for worth a damn. I think the minumum cpu is 3.2.

Edited by SGTFURY

The 2.1 gig processor and only 2 gig of ram aren't going to run this game for worth a damn. I think the minumum cpu is 3.2.

My cpu runs @ 2.67 gig and it runs the game fast (I have an i7) I think what matters here is type of proccesser and how it uses it ...is whats elusive and most important here

2 gigs of ram is not enough as you say but there is allways video card memory and speed of both ......and even speed of hard drive (that can through page file be used to simulate ram

I have owned alot of pc's to play this game ....im no expert but I know enough to research before I buy (its cheaper that way)

What ive learned most is ASK before you buy .....and if no clear answer to be had through that fall back on that "Quality" COSTS MONEY

So if something sounds the same but costs more ...it probably means its better as competion and word of mouth *and the internet would NOT allow survival of a company that asked for more and giving less

This is the way of the world

Other than 4GB of ram and your overclocking ability with the CPU you should be able to play the game. Its just a matter of how well it will go.

I am no AMD man but I have my Core2Duo E6550 2.33GHz OC to 2.8 - 3.1 depending on which program you look at. I get playable frames for this game and rarely dip into single figures.

I also have a 1GB GTS250 vid card so perhaps what you may be behind on the CPU you may be infront of me on that.

At the end of the day if this is you budget then that is your budget.

PS not sure of my PSU but there is a site somewhere you can type in all your specs and it gives you a PSU number required. http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

That Phenom X3 was decent when it was new. That was almost 3 years ago. It will probably be faster than the one you have now but not fast enough. If you're gonna go AMD the LEAST I'd recommend is the Phenom II X2 555, but I'd say spend that extra and get the Phenom II X4 955 or 965 instead.

Spending money today on the old Phenoms is a waste.

Also, the motherboard is only AM2+. It works well for those old Phenoms but not the newer ones... and it only takes DDR2.

I say, don't get that setup, it will only disappoint you. It's cheap for a reason!

You need newer stuff than that.

Edited by munchkin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0