Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cobra3817

Really Frustrated!!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

I am New to the Game and When I Download it it log in Fine.

But when i try to play It will Load up Untill It Is Loading The Tree's and it Will Stop. I Will than get a black screen with the Cursor. I wait 5-10 mins but it's still the black Screen. I Really want to Play but this is getting really frustrated. Also Before the Loading Screen Comes up i get a MEssage Saying I Need 1.2 Shader+ and I need 2gb and more and i hit yest to Continue and i know i have Shader 2.0 and More Than 2gb of Memory. Can Any One Help Me?

check the amount the PC uses for himself, maybe he uses already too much.

do you have all the drivers up-to-date?

check the log file and maybe post it here, might help more.

Hello cobra3817.

Welcome to Battleground Europe.

Its very helpful to know your system spec. and driver versions to find a possible mistake. Can you post it complete please.

Thx.

:)

Try to change the game's display resolution to same as your display resolution.

Different resolution settings for the game and your display is often the reason for the black screen.

Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Processor:Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory:1022MB RAM

Hard Drive:154 GB

Video Card:RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory

Monitor:Plug and Play Monitor

Sound Card:SigmaTel Audio

Speakers/Headphones:

Keyboard:USB Root Hub

Mouse:USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface:

Operating System:Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)

I Know my Computer Is Crappy :D

No i havent checked my Drivers could you guide me on hwo to check them? Im sorry i dont know that muc about Computers.

Actually I am not too familliar with ATI cards but I don't think your video card supports shader model 3.0 which the game requires (probably why it doesn't load), you also do not have 2 GB of RAM available.

If you want to download new drivers any way you can do so here, select X300 in the drop down menus.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

May eyes ain't workin good today but unless I miss read your specs.

You have a p4.....That is hurting you. CPU speed is important but speed can be decieving. A p4 running a 3.4 can't come close to a core duo running at 3.0 or a i7 running a 2.66. I have a older E2160 duelcore intel that's OCed to 2.3 that was a vast improvement over my previous p4 3.0 OCed to 3.4.

You have 1 gig of ram...That is litterly murdering you :(

Windows takes pretty much 1/2 to 3/4th of a gig depending on version and how much extra you have running. You need at least 2 gigs and then you gota set the game for low memory.

The game takes well over a gig of memory to preload.

I am not up on ati cards so not sure if yours has the shaders required but being it only has 128 megs memory I'm betting it does'nt.

I'm not tryin to bash your machine, just pointing out what I'm seeing from the specs you posted.

Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Processor:Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory:1022MB RAM

Hard Drive:154 GB

Video Card:RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory

Monitor:Plug and Play Monitor

Sound Card:SigmaTel Audio

Speakers/Headphones:

Keyboard:USB Root Hub

Mouse:USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface:

Operating System:Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)

I Know my Computer Is Crappy :D

That is a really old system. Your CPU speed is fine at 3.0 ghz, but you really need to have at least 2gb of Ram and a newer graphics card, I'd recommend no less than a 4670.

Chances are your memory is DDR, not DDR2 or DDR3. If that is the case I wouldn't even bother doing anything with that pc unless you know someone with a 1gb stick that matches and they'll give it you.

Honestly, I would seriously look at getting a newer PC. I know that might not be what you want to hear, but your specs say it all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0