• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gourmet

upgrading computer(RAM+GPU)

5 posts in this topic

I got quite old PC,but it runs ww2ol bit slow already.(maximum 30fps)

e6600 core2duo 2.4ghz

intel dq965gf motherboard

2gb 667mhz ram

8800gts 320mb

if i will upgrade ram to 4gb 800mhz and get new gpu with 1gb ram,how its gonna help with preformance?

Hummm no idea if that mobo is easy to OC but I'm thinkin up the ram to 4 gigs and swap out the cpu with a E8400...If I''m thinkin right and that's a 775 socket mobo.

I think you'll see more increase with a cpu you can get to 3.4 than a vid card with more ram.

depending on your mainboard (as others have said)

You could either Overclock the processor you have now and save some cash if money is tight. although im not really familar with the C2D E series, but if i remember right they overclock fairly well. i'm sure you could at least get it to 3.0Ghz if not higher, i know the 8000 series overclocks extremely well.

You might also be able to get 1066mhz DDR2 and overclock your FSB to match it, that would certainly add some performance increases, but you'd need to replace all of your ram sticks. it'd also depend on the features of your board

the 8800GTS is on the bottom of the "really" recommend list, with 96SPU its not all to terrible but a graphics card upgrade would boost your FPS, but i can't honestly say by how much if your processor is bottlenecking what your GPU could do.

When i had my X2 6000+ i upgraded to a AMD phenom II X4 955 and kept my 8800GTS SSC edition (112SPU) and saw a hilarious increase in FPS across the board. ww2ol went from 40's and 50's to 100~130+ (pre 1.31)

The ram won't necessarily increase your FPS, but it'll make the game run smoother, with less studders.

I'd guess i'd probably look into overclocking the processor you have first, (you'll probably need a new CPU cooler, but you can re-use it with a new processor if you decide to get one down the road) see what sort of speeds you get with the overclock, then if thats pretty good, might upgrade to a new graphics card and all that

Do you play other games besides ww2ol?

thanks for reply's..

i checked and the intel dq965gf cant be overclocked..i dont know anything about overclocking but from what i read it cant be overclocked =/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0