• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qa

OpenGL drivers

6 posts in this topic

On my ctd's I get the following message "Nvidia OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display drivers and is unable to continue. Error code 4 I just installed the latest driver today and still getting he same problem. I am running a GTX 260 card, win 7 ultima 2gigs mem and a dual core cpu. Any ideas?

I get CTD sometimes - not often, I have to admit - and it is always a Nvidia gfx issue with a similar message

It's odd that you get Error Code 4 ... That's normally to do with the wrong version of DirectX on a machine ... but - as with everything NVidia - not always. Win7 ultimate is what I run, so that shoudl not be an issue

Are you getting many CTDs? More or less with the new drivers? (If more, rollback), I have not been in game since I updated to the latest version of drivers.

2-gig memory: Do you have the low-memory option (in-game preferences) checked?

In NVidia Control Panel: Check the SLi and PhysX settings ... make sure PhysX is set to "CPU" (lots of crashes, for me, if I set PhysX to the graphics card)

Edited by branko

Which driver version?

sorry for late response, but my driver version is 8.17.12.6099 dtd 10/16/2010

I get CTD sometimes - not often, I have to admit - and it is always a Nvidia gfx issue with a similar message

It's odd that you get Error Code 4 ... That's normally to do with the wrong version of DirectX on a machine ... but - as with everything NVidia - not always. Win7 ultimate is what I run, so that shoudl not be an issue

Are you getting many CTDs? More or less with the new drivers? (If more, rollback), I have not been in game since I updated to the latest version of drivers.

2-gig memory: Do you have the low-memory option (in-game preferences) checked?

In NVidia Control Panel: Check the SLi and PhysX settings ... make sure PhysX is set to "CPU" (lots of crashes, for me, if I set PhysX to the graphics card)

I get more ctd's than I did with my gtx 9800 which crashed. I changed the physx setting to cpu will see if that helps

I am going to keep an eye on this thread.

I started a thread here where I CTD, usually after playing from minutes to an hour or so since I upgraded to 260.99 on a laptop using a Quadro FX3800M.

For a few months, on the laptop, I had no such problem. The driver that worked well was the one that came with the Dell M6500 from early 2010.

I uninstalled 260.99 and replaced it with 197.16 with no change.

In my case, the error comes when a hit a particular terrain view. It is repeatable. I.E. if I have a CTD while spawning in to a particular FB and I re-spawn in the same place, I get another CTD immediately. Go somewhere else and I am fine.

Not meaning to high-jack the thread, just adding another OpenGL driver related issue.

My next step wil be to find a good nVidia driver cleaner and try an older driver a second time.

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by jam

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0