Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greedish

Unplayable FPS

9 posts in this topic

I just got the free trial and the game is unplayable at ~12FPS. It's impossible to enjoy the game like this and my system has no trouble at all with anything else I throw at it. I'm hoping it's a simple setting that is ****ing it up but it seems to me it's just poor optimization.

I have:

Intel i5-750 4-core processor @ 2.66GHz

ATI Radeon 4870HD video card, 1GB RAM

4GB system RAM

Even at the lowest settings the game is unplayable. Hopefully there's an easy solution that isn't "go play cod" like what I got in chat.

only using 1 core and at 2.66.. need to overclock i think

I'm using the i7 920 at 2.66 and I get around 40fps, when I overclock I don't see any significant increase in fps.

That's with all settings at highest, maybe he need to try something else.

I have:

4GB system RAM

Even at the lowest settings the game is unplayable. Hopefully there's an easy solution that isn't "go play cod" like what I got in chat.

What os you using, 64bit or 32, this game is a memory hog so if your using 32 bit os only 3gb of your memory is available and if you have a lot of background processes running could affect performance.

Have you checked the low memory option I know you have 4gb and it says 2but it maybe worth a go

Edited by petie

Make SURE you untick triple buffering - the game rendering code HATES that...halves my fps. The latest drivers are actually a little bit slower than the 10.3 for the ati card but if in doubt start with performance based in the 3d settings of your video card and move up from there. More memory in your PC WILL help.

The game murders any attempts at AA or decent AF. It does make it much nicer to look at BUT fps is unplayable.

Foremost tho is CPU - the game is cpu limited by extreme. The faster cpu you have the better.

You really shouldn't be having major problems. I run I7 920 and ati 5870 at 5760 x 1200 with no problems. There is obviously a setting wrong.

Turn off some of the eye candy in game.

shadows to low.

In effects disable everything except normal maps and muzzle light.

Radial clutter to min/near/disabled.

Make sure your ATI settings are set to max performance.

Overclock your CPU to 3 gightz if you feel confident.

Everything is on minimum. Lowering the resolution helped some, but it's still bad. Going to try messing with my Catalyst Control Center options.

I helped mahduece a month or 2 ago with the same issue, system specs were similar in that they were "modern"

he gained a instant 30fps boost by doing 2 of the 3 things I suggested.

try setting Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering both to 4x, if you get an fps gain, try AF @ 8x and AA @ 6x or next step up. if fps falls go back to previous.

the problem with getting hardware made for processing loads of information, is you well tend to need to give it a proper workload in order to get decent performance out of.

like for example, my Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz, with 4GB of ram, and BFG Geforce 9800 GTX 512MB, I get better fps with Vert-Sync & triple buffering enabled WITH 4x AF and 4x AA.

30fps average in a fight where the visible player limit is hitting its maximum which I believe is like 64 players being rendered @ once, be it friendly or enemy.

30-60fps in town with light to moderate activity, and 50-120fps outside towns with light to moderate activity.

btw yes I have a 120Hz moniter, a Samsung 2233RZ 22" 1680x1050@120Hz LCD.

EDIT: oh btw I run HIGH settings with post processing disabled.

Edited by whitten

I just got the free trial and the game is unplayable at ~12FPS. It's impossible to enjoy the game like this and my system has no trouble at all with anything else I throw at it. I'm hoping it's a simple setting that is ****ing it up but it seems to me it's just poor optimization.

I have:

4GB system RAM

can you post ur dxdiag?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0